Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
ChuckNoRis wrote:stun attack is applied for every successful melee hit (as long as the opponent is not immune to stun) . the enhanced damage to moonstrike applies to the moonstrike damage buff

that makes it a fairly useful choice then while transitioning into the other runewords. While i could just pick up a few SU, I need to get used to how to play with little resources. I'll probably level a 2nd source sometime during spring break, and go with a full abandoned shrine setup and TU around 110-115. It's hard to test right now since the level advantage i hold over that content is already too high. This RW and erawan are also good options for more offensive or defensive approaches.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
indeed Astarte is the upgrade you must do to the
Wedding Dress of the Zann
Wedding Dress of the Zann
Ceremonial Armor (4)

Defense: (352 - 409) to (706 - 821)
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 12
Required Dexterity: 97
Item Level: 29
15% Attack Speed
+(2 to 3) to Spiral Dance
4% Deadly Strike
+(35 to 57)% Enhanced Defense
+(16 to 25) to Strength
+(16 to 25) to Dexterity
Socketed (2)
Defense: (1131 - 1268) to (2161 - 2423)
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 31
Required Dexterity: 143
Item Level: 40
30% Attack Speed
+(4 to 5) to Spiral Dance
6% Deadly Strike
+(81 to 103)% Enhanced Defense
+(36 to 45) to Strength
+(36 to 45) to Dexterity
Socketed (4)
Defense: (2818 - 3105) to (5286 - 5824)
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 48
Required Dexterity: 300
Item Level: 67
45% Attack Speed
+(6 to 7) to Spiral Dance
8% Deadly Strike
+(126 to 149)% Enhanced Defense
+(56 to 65) to Strength
+(56 to 65) to Dexterity
Socketed (5)
Defense: (4203 - 4574) to (7888 - 8585)
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 55
Required Dexterity: 622
Item Level: 85
60% Attack Speed
+(7 to 8) to Spiral Dance
10% Deadly Strike
+(149 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
+(66 to 75) to Strength
+(66 to 75) to Dexterity
Socketed (6)
as soon as you get your hands on some decent crafted jewels . after that , you may replace it with Erawan or a craft or something even better , depending on what you need the most (either more damage , more defense or more block)
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
ya, getting jewels is the difficult part. I get mine by spamming nihlathak till i have roughly 20 crystals. then head into k3k and roll the jewels from the run into what i'm aiming for. Each jewel in k3k gets 5 rerolls before the next roll has to low of a level for the modifiers i'm looking for.

It kind of feels like astarte wouldn't come till the same time i'd want to make erawan. I aimed for erawan around 105-110ish when i'm just getting into sunless sea and such, when my defenses are still fairly low. I keep wedding dress up till that point, since the 6 io jewels + mo space for resistances, TCD, some other stuff. is really nice to have at that point. idk if Astarte is better there or not, since I feel the added defense from erawan is almost necessary, and i have 0 survival issues before sunless sea anyway (even in tu4's sunless sea wasn't much of an issue). So it kind of seems like finding jewels just to build Astarte at the 80's feels like it would be a waste of time since i speed through those quick anyway. at 110 is when i start kicking into gear with tanaan jungle dropping my sacred weapon/shield. Tanaan is easy as hell too. even Jitan isn't a threat to tu4 melee sorc, just takes awhile to do it properly (kite playstyle)
Xunametra
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
Someone in discord mentioned that the Craton runeword lists:

Physical Damage reduced by -(70 to 50)

The non-xis version has

Physical Damage reduced by (16 to 20)

Taken at face value, the xis version is significantly worse (double negative, reduced by -70 would mean increased by 70). It's the only instance of a runeword with a -(x to y) notation, every other instance is simply "Physical Damage reduced by (x to y). Is it just a mistake in notation on the website, or does the actual runeword have -70 to -50?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Xunametra wrote:Is it just a mistake in notation on the website, or does the actual runeword have -70 to -50?
the Xis version goes between -70 and +50 , depending on your luck . it would only be needed for higher chance to proc shower of rocks in case you play a melee build . if you are not interested about the proc , better stick to the non-xis version or go for something else
Edited by ChuckNoRis 5 years.
smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Its -70 to +50.
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
the questions are not new but i forgot the answers :roll:

1. when i want to changethe merc - for example from a2 to a5 - is it better to do it in NORMAL or in hell?

2. when i MO an eth weapon - does it remain eth?
Masive
Stygian Watcher
43 | 1
DacianDraco wrote:
Masive wrote:Soooo... %max dmg is the better mod i presume?
Since it applies to more modifiers?

You can read this viewtopic.php?f=40&t=22672

thank you! :thumb:
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
nobrainnopain wrote:the questions are not new but i forgot the answers :roll:

1. when i want to changethe merc - for example from a2 to a5 - is it better to do it in NORMAL or in hell?

2. when i MO an eth weapon - does it remain eth?

1 - doesn't matter. unlike d2 lod theirs not a difference in mercs like a2 based on difficulty

2 - item will remain ethereal with mo. the times it changes are with renew's, or recrafting (charsi, honorific, or shrines). Since it's considered a new item and is entirely re-rolled.
Masive
Stygian Watcher
43 | 1
Ice[Fire] wrote:
Masive wrote:
Ronthar wrote:
Masive wrote:Image

What´s the difference between %max dmg mod and the adds dmg mod like the one i have on my wep?
Are they the same or equally good?
I dont get it... :?
Also, what shrine should i bless with?

%max damage is % based. "adds damage" just means you have + min and + max damage not effected by % modifiers on the weapon itself. Shrine blessing is going to be based upon your overall gear and needs.

Do you need cold pierce? Sacred Shrine

Do you need more str/vit? creepy/quiet shrine

Do you want deadly strike? intimidating shrine

Do you want tri pierce for a boost to nephalim spirit? trinity shrine

Do you want more % and + damage? Weird shrine (for you this will not work as you are already past the cap of 200% ed

Soooo... %max dmg is the better mod i presume?
Since it applies to more modifiers?

There is no such thing as a % max damage mod.

my bad... i meant "to maximum damage"
so for example:
adds 5-300 damage vs 250 to maximum damage
Im prob very slow and stupid atm... :oops:
But i dont get it lol.
Edited by Masive 5 years.