Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
PlayerOne
Abomination
155 | 8
I read that I can get to Fautzinville without killing Kabraxis if I upgrade the Black Road charm with a stone. Is this a Kabraxis stone from Teganze?

if so, how and where do I open a portal to Fautz?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
copy-paste from my neutraldin guide

-> go to act 1 and enter Bramwell . There you must kill Buyard Cholik as that will open the portal to The Path to Enlightenment
-> you don't need to kill Kabraxis again , so leave the Pillar alone . You don't need extra trouble .
-> just jump over the wall and kill the Seals -> the 5 Spirits -> Each of the 5 spirits will drop a gem -> They can only be killed by their own element , so :
-> The Seal of Frost (first seal on the left ) -> Spirit of Frost : requires Cold damage to be destroyed -> get an amulet with Hailstorm oskill or any other source of cold spell you can find (Winter Avatar is also very easy to access from TU Addertongue / Deathgaze from TU Brainhack)
-> The Seal of Hell(the second seal on the left) > Spirit of Hell : requires Fire damage to be destroyed -> use Pyroblast to destroy it
-> The Seal of Wizardy (the seal on the top) -> Spirit of Wizardy : requires Magic damage to be destroyed -> use Exorcism / Disintegrate /Magic Missiles or any other source of dealing magic damage to destroy it
-> The Seal of Stone (the second seal on the right) -> Spirit of Stone : requires physical damage to be destroyed -> our Vessel will do the job (beware of the multi-hitting physical damage spells casted by this Spirit , try to dodge them as much as possible) -> run in circle around the Spirit so that you are dodging his attacks while VoJ is damaging him
-> The Seal of Electrum (the first seal on the right) -> Spirit of Electrum : requires Lightning damage to be destroyed -> you can access Flash oskill very easy , Supernova , Stormcall or any other lightning spell to destroy it
-> Cube the 5 gems with your Black Road Charm -> go to Act 5 and cube your Black Road Charm with any rune -> you will obtain the scroll to open the rift to Fauztinville . The quest is very nice , but once your charm is upgraded , you won't need to go trough the above steps ever again
PlayerOne
Abomination
155 | 8
Thanks Chuck. 8-)
kibosh
Skeleton
2 | 0
Are there any hidden rules on what rares can drop in each area? (I've heard certain Sacred Uniques have restrictions on where they can drop?)

I've been farming K3K for a rare sacred spiked shield for a while now. Wondered if I'm just unlucky, or if I should be farming somewhere else?
Vodkacho
Invader
8 | 0
is there a good guide on how to equip mercenaries?
chickenfeeder
Grubber
322 | 0
Vodkacho wrote:is there a good guide on how to equip mercenaries?

it depends on which char u r using.

kibosh wrote:Are there any hidden rules on what rares can drop in each area? (I've heard certain Sacred Uniques have restrictions on where they can drop?)

I've been farming K3K for a rare sacred spiked shield for a while now. Wondered if I'm just unlucky, or if I should be farming somewhere else?

No.
Vodkacho
Invader
8 | 0
chickenfeeder wrote:

kibosh wrote:Are there any hidden rules on what rares can drop in each area? (I've heard certain Sacred Uniques have restrictions on where they can drop?)

No.

Melee Sorc
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
I downloaded Item Drop filter from Tool Page. But how can I use it?
chickenfeeder
Grubber
322 | 0
tranvanhieu wrote:I downloaded Item Drop filter from Tool Page. But how can I use it?

you meant d2stats? That's the only tool with a drop filter feature I know. To use it just open the exe file while you are in game then click the 'read' button. Uniques/sets/shrine will show their name on the top left corner of your game screen whenever they drop.

Vodkacho wrote:
chickenfeeder wrote:

Melee Sorc

Then it depends on what you want your merc to do. If you want him to buff you then a5 merc (mark of the wild) or a2 shapeshifter (bloodlust) are nice.

However as you are a wdm char I recommend you using a3 bloodmage. His spell dmg especialy poison is godly and he can heal you also. tu4 sash + tu4 greaves/boots + tu4 crown + tu4 ancient armor + tu4 small shield are enough for him through early/mid game. In late game change to fascinating crafted gears. You can use some shimmering but should prioritize fire spell dmg. Use downlevel recipe on a greaves before you craft for more MO space however I prefer to keep it at lvl 99 for higher defense. The other slots you should use ancient armor, crystal sword, tower shield, circlet, gauntlet and plated belt all on ilvl 99. Try to get as much +all skills and spell damage as possible on shield/ body armor/ circlet/ crystal sword before you shrine-bless them. Also get a rare amulet with +3 or 4 all skills and spell dmg. Luck bless them and MO all with poison/fire spell dmg and energy, some strength MO enough to wear the armor is also acceptable. Also if you can find a good roll of
Aeterna
Aeterna
Broad Sword (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (101 - 118) to (105 - 124)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 488
Item Level: 105
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Strength)%
Amazing Grace
4% Chance to cast level 50 Blizzard on Death Blow
+(3 to 5) to All Skills
+100 Spell Focus
(20 to 50)% Cast Speed
+(20 to 40)% to Spell Damage
+(130 to 170)% Enhanced Damage
(10 to 20)% to Strength
Socketed (6)
feel free to give it to him.

Hope this helps.
Vodkacho
Invader
8 | 0
chickenfeeder wrote:
tranvanhieu wrote:I downloaded Item Drop filter from Tool Page. But how can I use it?

you meant d2stats? That's the only tool with a drop filter feature I know. To use it just open the exe file while you are in game then click the 'read' button. Uniques/sets/shrine will show their name on the top left corner of your game screen whenever they drop.

Vodkacho wrote:
chickenfeeder wrote:

Melee Sorc

Then it depends on what you want your merc to do. If you want him to buff you then a5 merc (mark of the wild) or a2 shapeshifter (bloodlust) are nice.

However as you are a wdm char I recommend you using a3 bloodmage. His spell dmg especialy poison is godly and he can heal you also. tu4 sash + tu4 greaves/boots + tu4 crown + tu4 ancient armor + tu4 small shield are enough for him through early/mid game. In late game change to fascinating crafted gears. You can use some shimmering but should prioritize fire spell dmg. Use downlevel recipe on a greaves before you craft for more MO space however I prefer to keep it at lvl 99 for higher defense. The other slots you should use ancient armor, crystal sword, tower shield, circlet, gauntlet and plated belt all on ilvl 99. Try to get as much +all skills and spell damage as possible on shield/ body armor/ circlet/ crystal sword before you shrine-bless them. Also get a rare amulet with +3 or 4 all skills and spell dmg. Luck bless them and MO all with poison/fire spell dmg and energy, some strength MO enough to wear the armor is also acceptable. Also if you can find a good roll of
Aeterna
Aeterna
Broad Sword (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (101 - 118) to (105 - 124)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 488
Item Level: 105
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Strength)%
Amazing Grace
4% Chance to cast level 50 Blizzard on Death Blow
+(3 to 5) to All Skills
+100 Spell Focus
(20 to 50)% Cast Speed
+(20 to 40)% to Spell Damage
+(130 to 170)% Enhanced Damage
(10 to 20)% to Strength
Socketed (6)
feel free to give it to him.

Hope this helps.

thx! will do a bloodmage, almost lvl 125, merc should help me farm a bit preparing