Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
zakar
Stone Warrior
33 | 0
Is there any good way to farm UMO's? (high mf / cows / etc)
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
swineflu posted once, that Bull Prince Rodeo still has a UMO drop bias (1/40) iirc, but MF does not affect UMO droprate. I think best way is farm high density areas like Fauzt or Cows.
zakar
Stone Warrior
33 | 0
Gotcha. Thanks.
stormbringer
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
Today I tried to run Diablo II.exe, it gave a message saying "CD-ROM drive error. DIablo II failed to run. Please make sure your Diablo II Expansion Disc is in your CD-ROM drive, then click on "Retry"". I clicked on "Retry" but nothing useful happened.
I also tried the median launcher, after I clicked on the "Play" button the launcher disapeared and appeared again and I couldn't enter the game.
My Win10 system had an update yesterday. Does that have somthing to do with the error?

Edit: Problem flxed. I checked my system update and found that an update downloaded at September 2018 hadn't been installed. Really weird. I installed the update and restarted my computer. Now the game works again.
Edited by stormbringer 5 years.
JeppeAndersen
Rust Claw
82 | 0
PlayerOne wrote:
JeppeAndersen wrote:
genmashi wrote:Thanks. But then HOW do i kill the spirits? They are immune to all damage, even their own element. And Im not a cold necro, I am using a lvl 27 hailstorm amulet to kill the little fuckers, but they keep respawning! Got damnit this is so frustrating!

I have the same problem. I can get 3 of the charms.

But with hailstorm level 30 the cold ones can't be killed fast enough and the lightning one - holy crap...

I tried level 57 Flash (yes Fifty Seven!) but it takes about 1/20th of their life. And you need to stand right next to them, the range is pathetic.
I tried Avalanche oskill but it was too slow as well.

So I have 3 of 5 of those charms but no realistic way to get the rest. I think I'll just make another character tbh.

It's not a fun aspect of a game to have to re-do gear and skills for one uber; that's not challenging it's just laborious to have to stand in town crafting gear that you'll only use for one fight.

Yeah, I'm on single player, so don't want to waste my precious belladonnas. What class are u? I got it to work, crafting weapons with light/cold dmg, and getting some TUs with -res on them. I think finding oskills is a bad idea, dmg is seriously low on those skills.

But seriously, don't do another char. Find a way to make it work, cus Fauzt is worth the tiresome effort of grinding those gems!

For lightning boss, craft a weapon with 1-1xxx light dmg, and get a black dwarf amulet for -res and queen of glass for -res. That should do the job if you are patient.
mars1
Bone Archer
78 | 3
when you have % damage converted to light for example like iron spiral 30% damage converted to light damage, does it convert the enhanced damage and % bonus from str/dex as well or is it just the base damage from weapon/items
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
mars1 wrote:when you have % damage converted to light for example like iron spiral 30% damage converted to light damage, does it convert the enhanced damage and % bonus from str/dex as well or is it just the base damage from weapon/items

From !wepdmg bot command from discord:

Calculating Weapon Damage:
Modifiers for weapon damage are applied as follows:
1: Ethereal Bonus (50% base damage on weapon)
2: %Enhanced Damage (%ED)
3: +Flat Damage.
4: %Physical Damage, this includes %EWD from items, %damage from skills / passives and buffs and str/dex factor, which are all ADDED up into one big multiplier (%dmg = %EWD + %physdmg + %dex/strbonus)
5: Deadly Strike (if it rolls successfully, x2 all damage up until this point)
6: %Conversion is applied.
7: +Flat elemental damage from weapon/gear/skills.
8: %WDM of skill used.

so EWD comes pre conversion
Aesti
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
What kind of items are only available on Realm? is there a list for this?
kortt
Core Lord
393 | 9
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Good day! Tell me, please, how can I throw things on another player?
moscito
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
if u play SP, u can easily open a game via TCP/IP an join in with another char. All u have to do is start another instance by clicking play in the start-menue.
first instance have to host, the second could join