Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
DacianDraco
Cog
212 | 17
Temptaz wrote:if you are crafting jewels when does the ilvl become "too low" for good crafted modifiers

Go to https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/affixes and at the bottom type Jewel at Found On and click Max alvl twice, up to 99 allows all the highest ranges but as it drops at 90, 83, etc it stars to also spawn a few other lower ranges in the pool, besides the 99 ones that can still spawn. So either only craft ilvl 99 jewels just once to surely spawn just from the highest possible ranges, or 3 times at most for smallest amount of lower ranges intruders.

tbone503 wrote:I'd like to make the runeword Rathma's Blessing but it says it needs 4 Co runes. And I don't see anything called a Co rune on the rune page. Anyone know if they still exist and if you can still make Rathma's Blessing?

It's Cold Runes, go to Teganze and farm for Cold essences and Runestones to create them, they drop from all those fetish shamans or whatever they are.
baloo3888
Skeleton
2 | 0
baloo3888 wrote:Hi,
I am kinda noob on this mob and i have a question,

With my barb, if i use my oskil GotW given by my hammerheadaxe (GotW lvl 30 or so) and after that my shield give me a proc on kill of Gotw to a lower lvl, which one will be active ?

Should i left my shield if my GotW is more effective on my axe ?
Does the + all skill affect the oskill GotW ?

thanks for the answer

Anyone have the answer ? i have done some test but can't feel the difference atm
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
the GOTW/MOTW buffs from different sources are overwritting eachother . the barb merc can also screw this up too , if you have one of those .

yes , +all skills affects the MOTW oskill from your axe(s) , but the one of your shield will stay at the same level as per the item description (level 15 at tier 4 shield regardless of how many +all skills you got) . You can dual wield 2 axes with MOTW on switch gear for more MOTW damage (each can spawn with up to +24 , so by dual axes you can get up tp +48 . if you also count +all skills , this can go much higher ) .

so . if you want a high damage and duration for MOTW , get 2 crafted axes on switch attack (or 1 crafted axe +
Instinct (Xis)
- this one got nerfed recently , only adds up to 100% now as per rw-s docs info ) and socket Nih runes .replace the Invictus Shield and use another merc besides the act 5 one
fallen21
Prowler
17 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Was wondering about rune master and
Arkaine's Valor
Arkaine's Valor
Splint Mail (Sacred)

Defense: (9532 - 10839) to (12577 - 14093)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 600
Item Level: 120
50% of Your Bonus to Defense Added as Vitality
+1 to All Skills
50% Hit Recovery
+(150 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(3000 to 5000) Defense
Physical Resist 10%
Socketed (6)
it doesn’t seem to add tcd does rune master only add defense % of the item. Because I do see it work for lioness skill on my amazon.
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
DacianDraco wrote:
tbone503 wrote:I'd like to make the runeword Rathma's Blessing but it says it needs 4 Co runes. And I don't see anything called a Co rune on the rune page. Anyone know if they still exist and if you can still make Rathma's Blessing?

It's Cold Runes, go to Teganze and farm for Cold essences and Runestones to create them, they drop from all those fetish shamans or whatever they are.

Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
by the way this sounds, lava pit hits 3x per second, but it seems like it ticks far more frequently than that. Is there any explanation on this skill/fire damage per second in general? I assume this skill is gonna be super trash vs teleport bosses because of how most fire per second spells work, but the numbers speak 3x per second.

Also more of a bug/feedback, but Spirit of Vengeance aura isn't applying the fire damage to the Lava Pit skill icon, but character sheet is showing a change, so is it actually receiving the damage or is it an icon tooltip issue?

Temptaz
Gravedigger
197 | 2
Can you add sockets to an ETH item that already has sockets just not the max?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Temptaz wrote:Can you add sockets to an ETH item that already has sockets just not the max?

not if it already has sockets. can only larzuk/jewel punch unsocketed bases
Temptaz
Gravedigger
197 | 2
Thanks!

poor 30% ED 133 AR eth sword with only 3 sockets :(
Stigzy
Cultist
21 | 0
I have a bolt quiver with chance to cast lvl40 cyrobeam. Is there a place I can find the stats for this skill? Or can anyone else shed some light on this?