Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Daerouie
Stone Warrior
34 | 0
Is it normal that Assur's drop (Demonsbane) would only roll the '+(1 to 2) xxx skills' prefix for 4 classes only? I play necromancer, and my class is not listed on the charm, so I sold it. I'll just do a rerun but please confirm if this kind of event do really happen?
Temptaz
Gravedigger
197 | 2
Yes it has chance to roll 0-2 skills for each class. So a really unlucky one could have no +skills

Daerouie
Stone Warrior
34 | 0
Temptaz wrote:Yes it has chance to roll 0-2 skills for each class. So a really unlucky one could have no +skills

I see. I thought it was +1 to 2, well anyway, thanks for the fast reply.
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Temptaz wrote:
tbone503 wrote:Which spells get a boost from this mystic orb ?

in other words where can you find out what all spells are considered physical/magic spells?

For example is the Paladin's skill "Vessel of Justice" a magic spell? And what the heck is a physical spell?

TIA

Here is alot of good information on "spell damage"
Vessel is a spell iirc

http://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=186

Prime_Evil wrote:"physical" is just the damage type. like magic damage, and the other 4 elements. vessel deals physical damage despite being a spell.

Crash wrote:
tbone503 wrote:For example is the Paladin's skill "Vessel of Justice" a magic spell? And what the heck is a physical spell?

1.) It's a physical spell. (Skill icon will say "SPELL" and then in that instance, it also says "PHYSICAL DAMAGE: xx-xx"
2.) A spell that does physical damage.

tl;dr a skill that scales as a spell (gains spell damage, energy factor, etc) but doesn't use your weapon's damage. It's the same as a fire spell or poison spell, but physical damage.

Thank you for your answers. Seems I've found just what I needed. A full list of the type of spell for all spells.

https://median-xl.fandom.com/wiki/Skills

It looks to be out of date, but should cover most of what's needed.
Engersion
Sasquatch
65 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Is there a reason why an Assassin doesn't need keys to open locked chests?

SP, I'm specced into Shadow Refuge, Tieflining & Perfect being. I tried disabling Tiefling, but doesn't seem to change anything
Knight_Saber
Monkey King
264 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Engersion wrote:Is there a reason why an Assassin doesn't need keys to open locked chests?

They can pick locks since 2001.
Arc_Razer
Grubber
303 | 11
Common Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Wasnt clear in my last post, Draco was saying about calculating cast speed break points, but didnt know if prev poster was using Tiefling, since it no longer morphs, cast rate isnt affected. :)
DacianDraco
Cog
212 | 17
Can someone pls tell me the nr for a shortcut key? First paste %appdata%\MedianXL\save in the addressbar and open preferences.json with notepad and look at "hotkey_escmenu": X and tell me what X is. I wanted to change it and i can't bind Esc back to any key because pressing it just cancels the binding action. Thank you in advance.
foufoumoro
Vampiress
36 | 1
Hey guys, returning player,
Unfortunately the miniguide from chuck norris hasnt been updated for sigma it seems.
I used to love his topic because it had a specific "fun" attribute he gave to every build.
And I really like to play fun builds above all else

Does anyone has the time and knowledge to tell me which effective builds in today's version of the game seem like the most fun to play ?
Thanks !
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
foufoumoro wrote:Hey guys, returning player,
Unfortunately the miniguide from chuck norris hasnt been updated for sigma it seems.
I used to love his topic because it had a specific "fun" attribute he gave to every build.
And I really like to play fun builds above all else

Does anyone has the time and knowledge to tell me which effective builds in today's version of the game seem like the most fun to play ?
Thanks !

viewforum.php?f=40

The guide section contains all of the guides that are updated/created for sigma.