Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
It's actually almost impossible to kill the pack of followers near Akarat without the novas hitting him because he spawns inside the pack of them unless you intentionally lured them out.

Akarat is one of the easiest ubers to help you begin to adjust to the charm content of MXL. It's a damage check mostly. What is the problem? What are you playing and why can't you kill him? not enough damage or pierce or what?
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
The chance for the Death Nova proc is not 100% anymore, it's around 33% now. Sometimes it is impossible to kill him, reset the game or wait until you get more damage and Akarat become a joke.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
there are followers packs all over the jungle . if you did not manage to kill Akarat using the pack that spawns around him to remove his imunity , lure him to another pack and try to kill him again . he's not very offensive , so you can focus all you got on increasing the damage in order to kill him faster .
Edited by ChuckNoRis 4 years.
TDLofCC
Prowler
18 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
ChaosLeech wrote:Who ever created the idea for the AKARAT quest can go f themselves with a kitchen implement hard. Seriously. I really enjoyed the hell out of median xl for the past few weeks and then this crap happens. This is not fun. this isn't entertaining. This is beyond frustration. This is like the kinds of crap some insecure DM at and old school RPG session would come up with when they had a bad day and wanted to be a prick with a power trip type of stuff. Nobody enjoys this mission. This is making me want to break things. I think my mouse hit the wall a few times already. The fact that it's basically impossible with a summoner is BS too. Why force people to respect into something entirely different to kill one monster. Thats horse crap.

This mod was sooo much fun until this point. And now I'm about 3 seconds from deleting the whole and trying out Path of Diablo or something. How anything can be so good and so ridiculously stupid at the same time is beyond me. How about changing it the label from "easy" to "Don't even bother". If the followers didn't die instantly then maybe it would be doable but they are too easy to kill so half of the time when they die they don't even trigger the immunity removal and the other time they are dead before I can kite the bastard close enough to make a difference.

So here is my short question... WTF were you thinking? (or smoking) :wall:
/ranty

If you're raging already ... this mod is not for you ... there's way harder and more annoying Ubers to come :)

So instead, more info would be nice about build/level/gear etc so we can maybe help you out and get a better experience from the mod.
Daerouie
Stone Warrior
34 | 0
With Melee Necro, Akarat is way more easier than Jitan. Although the first time I tried to kill Akarat, it took me to kill two followers to drop the immunity coz my damage output (Carnage build) could not kill it instantly. It would only drop at 1/4 hp, sometimes it would regenerate quickly, so I had to run away, lure it near a follower, and try again after immunity dropped. Legacy of Blood is the pain in my Nec's butt - mini rant.
Impulse_
Jungle Hunter
26 | 0
ChaosLeech wrote:This is not fun. this isn't entertaining.
How about changing it the label from "easy" to "Don't even bother".

Akarat is really freaking easy.
As mentioned above he's very useful for damage currency check.
If you can't beat him even on P1 i have bad news for you: your build (usually it's equip part) sucks.
I'm playing hardcore ladder and usually on 115 lvl i'm capable to kill him easy (solo) with 2 players in the game.
Also you didn't mentioned your build. If it's Mana Sorc i can't see any problems here. It was easy even with Lightning Sorc.
Maybe you didn't got 105 charms and some 110s like Scroll of Kings?
Temptaz
Gravedigger
197 | 2
LOL if you are mad at Akarat wait for Triune
Kleo_Miss
Cultist
21 | 0
Hi,

does spirit guide affect the ancients spirit? (some people use it and some not)
Wich stance is better for barb summoner, bear or wolf?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Kleo_Miss wrote:Hi,

does spirit guide affect the ancients spirit?
yes

Kleo_Miss wrote:Wich stance is better ?
the one you like the most
Lorath
Imp
4 | 0
So i'm confused. Eth weapons now do only 25% more base, right? They are hard to find, so wouldn't I be better off just rolling for a perfect non-eth base? something like 30% from roll and 20% from lucky - better than waiting forever for an eth?