Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Predaking0pl
Skeleton
3 | 0
Thanks. Also, should I be worried about my character being too diverse skill-wise (especially considering Deathlord's penalty to summons)? At the moment I don't see any problems (only time I died was when I got distracted and didn't notice I was poisoned by a bunch of Assamites :oops: ), but I don't know how tough are higher difficulties in this mod. I only play offline.

One other thing I was wondering about are belts. I original number of potions a belt could hold changed with type of belt, but here it always stays the same - 2 rows. And for some reason I can put potions directly form inventory only into lower row, upper has to be auto filled by picking a potion from the ground with closed inventory window.
Maykay
Cultist
23 | 0
Predaking0pl wrote:Thanks. Also, should I be worried about my character being too diverse skill-wise (especially considering Deathlord's penalty to summons)? At the moment I don't see any problems (only time I died was when I got distracted and didn't notice I was poisoned by a bunch of Assamites :oops: ), but I don't know how tough are higher difficulties in this mod. I only play offline.

One other thing I was wondering about are belts. I original number of potions a belt could hold changed with type of belt, but here it always stays the same - 2 rows. And for some reason I can put potions directly form inventory only into lower row, upper has to be auto filled by picking a potion from the ground with closed inventory window.

You can Shift+click on potions to send them to belt, just like in cLoD.
Goliath
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Legacy of Blood Charm gives "Maximum Skill Level Increased by 1". Not sure what this means. Do some or all of the 35 Skills in the Skill Tree have a maximum amount that this applies to and so you get one more level?
BaraLover
Rust Claw
83 | 1
Goliath wrote:Legacy of Blood Charm gives "Maximum Skill Level Increased by 1". Not sure what this means. Do some or all of the 35 Skills in the Skill Tree have a maximum amount that this applies to and so you get one more level?

It applies to all skills. It just means you can put one more point into a skill; so if you're level 120 and your skill has a current cap of 26 points, you can now increase that skill to 27.
ChaosLeech
Acid Prince
45 | 2
suchbalance wrote:
ChaosLeech wrote:Can someone point me to a guide perhaps of some info to indicate at what levels unlock Certain item tiers? (TLDR version)

To clarify, I tend to be a character whore and I love trying out many combinations of skills and things and experiment with new builds all the time. So, because of this I go through characters a lot. The best way to gear up with so many characters is to gamble for TU base items. The problem is I have no idea what level I need to be to get certain tiers to start showing up so it's a lot of trial and error and wasted time searching for crap that might not even be able to show up yet.

The Arreat Summit used to have something for the gamble levels and such back in the day (for the base game) but the TU system is entirely different so it probably doesn't follow the same rules. Even if it did, I have no idea what iLvl is required for each tier anyway.

Any Ideas? Thanks.

https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/baseitems

Look at the Quality Level of the piece you are interested in. Your character level must be at least this number for the item to appear for them in the gambling screen.

Thanks that's perfect!

Edited:
This excludes Sacred Items I'm assuming? I've never seen them in the gamble screen. ;)
Knight_Saber
Monkey King
264 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
How come the extra projectiles synergy to Scorpion Blade, from Maelstrom mk2, affects the 'on kill' proc but not the 'on striking' proc?
nodoubt0322
Rust Claw
89 | 10
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Is there a realm-only item list ?
FuriousBEAR
Cog
204 | 11
Knight_Saber wrote:How come the extra projectiles synergy to Scorpion Blade, from Maelstrom mk2, affects the 'on kill' proc but not the 'on striking' proc?

I don't understand your question.

edit: eli5 pls
Jakob
Thunder Beetle
56 | 2
i've been running Duncraig for a couple of days now with 300 mf. Every day, 1-1,5 hour. I have found 0 SSU. How much mf do i need?
kortt
Core Lord
393 | 9
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Jakob wrote:i've been running Duncraig for a couple of days now with 300 mf. Every day, 1-1,5 hour. I have found 0 SSU. How much mf do i need?

strangely...You, just not lucky, I guess. In general, things fall out randomly, even during the time you ran. I found the same Spirit Walker with 130MF...