Djinn
548 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
casually1987 wrote:i'm trying to find SSU gear for my single player unholy paladin such as
Lunar Eclipse , Radiance, Dux Infernum, Adjudicator, Robe of Steel , Rodeo's Tramplers, and decard cain's heirloom etc.

I've been doing Duncraig runs constantly and I'm still not getting anything. my MF is at 174% right now, and that isn't very high i know but I am using the full Maltheal set (helm chest weapon belt) and everything except for my gloves (Iblis) has been orbed with 15% Mf (5 orbs 3% each).
I've gone from lvl 125-130 with no significant drops, and now 130-133 (I estimate I did 30 runs today since each run gave me around 1 bar for 10%)

Should I just keep farming Duncraig and hope something good drops before 140? I keep finding good shit like Athul'as wrath for my amazon but nothing good for my unholy pally.

Or should I maybe build a MF set or get MF jewels and try and boost it more.

I recommend that if you're farming Duncraig you switch to an all-crafted Neutraldin setup. Each Duncraig run takes aprox 2-4 minutes only leaving behind the Necromorbs. You'll be able to do the same amount of runs you did in 8 hours in less than 2 hours. Not only that but after you get a few gear drops you can opt for a full MF setup from Mo's, gear and LUM runes (+mf runes). 300% MF is pretty normal on this setup with even trash gear. All gear is basically Enchanted crafts and Eerie crafts Mo'd with MF and %phys/magic spell dmg.

https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=26056 This guide will tell you everything you need to know. Just open the mid-game gear options tab for all info.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
One sad thing is that you stop leveling in Duncraig past 135. I know monsters aren’t the toughest around, but it removes some kind of incentive to grind for a couple of items. In my case: Lorekeepers, Lunar Eclipse and SSU Quilted Armor. Fauztinville is better for exp and jewelry related stuff, but other than the bosses, I get little to no SU’s.
Moridin
Imp
5 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
how to kill lucion and malic? in the triune?

edit: nevermind. just found Durram.
Whats up with the Profane Cells?
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Ok, so it turns out the neutraldin pally talked about above got nerfed and isn't so good for Duncraig anymore. Anyone know what works well for Duncraig that is still current? How would a classic Bowazon do there?
Ntf1015
Gravedigger
183 | 0
tbone503 wrote:Ok, so it turns out the neutraldin pally talked about above got nerfed and isn't so good for Duncraig anymore. Anyone know what works well for Duncraig that is still current? How would a classic Bowazon do there?

My Bowazon doesn't fair too well in duncraig. Lots of deaths and I cant even think about taking the first teleport. Ive had better luck in there with melee sorc and unholy melee paladin using blood thorns and the set. Thats just my experience.
Elendilli
Djinn
548 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
tbone503 wrote:Ok, so it turns out the neutraldin pally talked about above got nerfed and isn't so good for Duncraig anymore. Anyone know what works well for Duncraig that is still current? How would a classic Bowazon do there?

Neutraldin is not 'nerfed' in the sense you think it is. Its 'nerfed' from doing ridiculous 100k voj around end-game. You don't even need more than 20k voj to farm Duncraig at sub 2-4 minute relatively full completion excluding Necromorbs. You can even start doing it at 10k once you understand the bare minimum required to not get yourself killed: proper movement (WALK around mobs not into them) + maxed blessed life + bear stance + rapture + capped resists + rings/ammy have flat dr

I cannot stress how important your movement in this area is. Do not run into the mobs. Do not backtrack or you get hit by barrels.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Moridin wrote:Whats up with the Profane Cells?

It's just a holdover area from M2017. You used to enter the Triune from Caldeum through the Profane Cells.

Quick question about Jewelcrafting and affixes:

Are the potential affix results based on the Jewels ilvl at the time of crafting, or the ilvl the Jewel will be reduced to?

For example, I'm looking for an affix that requires a min ilvl of 82. And the Jewel I've been crafting is now ilvl 84. Crafting that Jewel again will drop it down to ilvl 79, which is too low for the affix to spawn. So if I craft that ilvl 84 Jewel again, is 84 the ilvl that's being used to determine what affixes can spawn, or is 79?
Elendilli
Djinn
548 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Just ditch jewels at under ilvl85 or after 3 crafts from an initial ilvl99 jewel. If you find a jewel in a lvl120 area you can craft it several more times because the jewels ilvl is hidden over 99.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Yeah, I'm just asking more out of curiosity.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I would imagine it's based upon the ilvl post-transmute because that jewel now becomes the ilvl that it displays, but just a logical guess from my end.