Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
User avatar
Seekers
Ice Clan
592 | 96
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Ruubel wrote:Is there any visible indication about my pierce breaking enemy res ? Yeah, pierce works and it really hepls to kill faster, but i'd like to see a sort of "visual confirmation" - whether my pierce threshold (120 vs common enemies, 170 vs bosses and 200 vs some yberbadasses) breaks enemy "inner resistance" or not. Now w just have to put a trust on utility program (dstats).

I dont even know what to answer other than its 135 / 170 / 199 for pierce tresholds.
Tukhachevsky
Imp
5 | 0
I feel like I'm playing this wrong. I played D2 for a bit a while ago and I tended to try to clear everything and reveal the map. I'm level 20 now and haven't reached Andariel yet, if I keep playing like this I probably won't be able to do Athulua without paying in crystals. Should I just try to get through as fast as possible?
User avatar
Crash
Talic
6674 | 302
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Tukhachevsky wrote:I feel like I'm playing this wrong. I played D2 for a bit a while ago and I tended to try to clear everything and reveal the map. I'm level 20 now and haven't reached Andariel yet, if I keep playing like this I probably won't be able to do Athulua without paying in crystals. Should I just try to get through as fast as possible?


lvl 22 ish is about correct for defeating andariel. just keep an eye on the area level displayed at the top right of your map info. You want to generally stay +/- 5 levels of that.
Tukhachevsky
Imp
5 | 0
Crash wrote:
Tukhachevsky wrote:I feel like I'm playing this wrong. I played D2 for a bit a while ago and I tended to try to clear everything and reveal the map. I'm level 20 now and haven't reached Andariel yet, if I keep playing like this I probably won't be able to do Athulua without paying in crystals. Should I just try to get through as fast as possible?


lvl 22 ish is about correct for defeating andariel. just keep an eye on the area level displayed at the top right of your map info. You want to generally stay +/- 5 levels of that.


Thanks a bunch!
OrphineM
Abomination
155 | 12
Shadowfang
Shadowfang
Bastard Sword (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (164 - 207) to (272 - 341)
Two-Hand Damage: (232 - 285) to (337 - 416)
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 535
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
Area Effect Attack
20% Chance to cast level 40 Veil King Plague Grasp on Melee Attack
+(160 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Adds (50 to 75)-(150 to 200) damage
Ignore Target's Defense
+60 to Stormlord
Slow Target 25%
5% Reanimate as: Veil Terror
Socketed (4)
has a ctc proc. What *exactly* does it do? I can't find anything describing it.
MrSneakyFox
Cultist
20 | 0
what's the best trophy for 'the sleep' for trap rat? was thinking triune..
User avatar
suchbalance
Team Member
1697 | 489
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
OrphineM wrote:
Shadowfang
Shadowfang
Bastard Sword (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (164 - 207) to (272 - 341)
Two-Hand Damage: (232 - 285) to (337 - 416)
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 535
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
Area Effect Attack
20% Chance to cast level 40 Veil King Plague Grasp on Melee Attack
+(160 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Adds (50 to 75)-(150 to 200) damage
Ignore Target's Defense
+60 to Stormlord
Slow Target 25%
5% Reanimate as: Veil Terror
Socketed (4)
has a ctc proc. What *exactly* does it do? I can't find anything describing it.


Plague Grasp is the special poison attack found on the necromancer Veil King ultimate skill (you can see it on that skill's tooltip).

It inflicts big poison damage and what makes it particularly good is that it can be scaled with enemy poison res reduction and poison length duration on your character, unlike on the veil king where it cannot.
wierdgoth
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Anyone having problems creating games with certain characters?
User avatar
tbone503
Detonator
791 | 22
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
wierdgoth wrote:Anyone having problems creating games with certain characters?


I did a few weeks back. It was with one specific character. Turned out I had too many jewels on him and it caused a problem. If it's not that you might try changing servers with the /gs command. List of servers can be found here https://tsw.median-xl.com/info
pumba1337
Vampiress
35 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Is there a topic which shows what you need for the ubers? Like 300fire res for azmodan and so on?

cron