Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
judexgundyr
Cultist
22 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Cheno wrote:
judexgundyr wrote:im having trouble on figuring out how to add items to d2stats dropped item notifier

As in figuring out how it's done at all or adding some specific item?

as in how to add specific items
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
judexgundyr wrote:
Cheno wrote:
judexgundyr wrote:im having trouble on figuring out how to add items to d2stats dropped item notifier

As far as I know, it's not possible to do that for, lets say, a specific unique sacred item. What I do is that I add the base of the item to the notifier, for example:
"Light Gauntlets" sacred

This will notify for all kinds of Light Gauntlets. If you want only rare items of a certain base, then you could do:
"Light Gauntlets" sacred rare

or

"Light Gauntlets" eth sacred superior

Hard to give more precise examples when I don't know exactly what you're looking for.
judexgundyr
Cultist
22 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Cheno wrote:
judexgundyr wrote:
Cheno wrote:

As far as I know, it's not possible to do that for, lets say, a specific unique sacred item. What I do is that I add the base of the item to the notifier, for example:
"Light Gauntlets" sacred

This will notify for all kinds of Light Gauntlets. If you want only rare items of a certain base, then you could do:

or

Hard to give more precise examples when I don't know exactly what you're looking for.

do you just write it anywhere though?
Stereox
Cog
247 | 4
judexgundyr wrote:
Cheno wrote:
judexgundyr wrote:
Cheno wrote:

"Light Gauntlets" sacred

or

do you just write it anywhere though?

Yes, you can write anywhere. Be careful tho, when you add "Gauntlets", "Light Gauntlets" will also shown. You should write it as "Gauntlets$" to prevent that happening
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
What are all the methods that I can use to increase the weapon damage from my Spike Nova proc? Does Strength/Dexterity give any damage bonus to that proc?
Orr
Monkey King
285 | 7
tranvanhieu wrote:What are all the methods that I can use to increase the weapon damage from my Spike Nova proc? Does Strength/Dexterity give any damage bonus to that proc?

it scales with weapon damage more u have more dmg will do.
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Is there any documentation regarding skill scaling? Like, how does every skill scale with soft/hard points?
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Unfortunately not. Suchbalance made a Skill calculator back in the days and put much work into it - now this calc is outdated. Even if someone has the time and the knowledge to build something like that for MXL, it would be a great effort to maintain this tool with every patch.
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
mortimer_85 wrote:Unfortunately not. Suchbalance made a Skill calculator back in the days and put much work into it - now this calc is outdated. Even if someone has the time and the knowledge to build something like that for MXL, it would be a great effort to maintain this tool with every patch.

I totally understand. Follow up question: is there a way to create "dummy test characters" in order to check skills? As in, a lvl140 naked char right off the bat?
OverSky
Pit Knight
101 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I'm relatively new, and don't quite understand all the abbreviation just yet,
In the Trade Center, what does ...(AT) next to the auction result means ?