Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
schroedinger
Prowler
18 | 3
I found an ethereal item, but is is magic (blue). Is there any way to make a runeword on it (i.e. convert the item from magic to normal) without losing the ethereal property?
Manu300000
Grubber
321 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
schroedinger wrote:I found an ethereal item, but is is magic (blue). Is there any way to make a runeword on it (i.e. convert the item from magic to normal) without losing the ethereal property?

No!

e: there is a rare effigy that drops in high lvl labs that converts an item into etheral. But its rly hard to get
Godsbow
Invader
8 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
How to add Crystal sword sacred (yellow colour) in d2stats ? HELP PLS! insert doesnt work(
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
You mean insert it so it notifies when one drops?
"Crystal Sword" sacred rare
ABeLina
Rust Claw
89 | 4
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
What changed from initial sigma version on "Banisher of light" bonus quest (the same with 5 gems)?
Earlier my sorc with 16K life ice elementals could tank all types of elementals without any problems.
Now necro, 90K+ life jinns, totems with 62% avoid, etc - everything dies from one hit. Does not matter which seal i open - they clean up my army in single hit (necro alone could stand more, but they kill much faster than i can summon).
Elementals pierce minion resist or what?
Knight_Saber
Monkey King
264 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I wanted to try a hammertime build, but the oskill is only available on a trash TU 2h hammer. Why make it an oskill if it's never going to be playable?
The only way I can conceive of this being a usable skill is with all-in on assassin ways, or barb stance synergy to (release the) kraken stance oskill. Forget it, yet another unviable skill... why bother including this?
Why have a thousand skills to choose from when only 20 are good? I'm exaggerating, but you get the point.

I wanted to try a limpet laser build with
Banner of Bitter Winds
Banner of Bitter Winds
Bladed Shield (Sacred)

Defense: (1672 - 2035) to (1996 - 2430)
Chance to Block: 4%
(Assassin Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 550
Item Level: 105
Limpet Laser: +1 Projectile
+1% Cold Spell Damage For Each Skill Level of Your Ways Passives
+(3 to 4) to Assassin Skill Levels
-(10 to 20)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(15 to 25)% to Summoned Minion Resistances
+(130 to 180)% Enhanced Defense
Maximum Cold Resist +(1 to 2)%
Physical Resist 5%
Cannot Be Frozen
Socketed (6)
, but it seems like unless you respec at 125-130+ with all charms up until then, you're putting all your stats into str and dex for gear and have no energy for spell damage. I'm not even sure that the Banner (+1 projectile) bonus even works...
Not to mention how some areas have no terrain for them to stick to.
So in order for Limpet Laser to be a usable, I need to level an 'actual' build to a high-ish level, then make it shit so I can play with a meme skill?

Fuck me...
Make Median fun again /Dump 2020
JustinPeters
Sasquatch
66 | 1
Can someone tell me how the damage bonus from Famine actually works?
In this picture i equipped a shitty weapon and no other gear/charms and maxed out my strenght.
Why did it not add 20% of my strength (1080*20%=216) to my attack damage?
d2stats is giving me the same result
https://ibb.co/jDqCRRw

Edit:
Nevermind, figured it out myself, its percentage based (216% instead of flat 216)
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Knight_Saber wrote:Why have a thousand skills to choose from when only 20 are good? I'm exaggerating, but you get the point.

So you can test them out and come ranting? You propably play SP so you can respec at will. Every time I see your post it's whining about "the old days", if you don't like the way marco/whist and co made Sigma stop playing and gtfo.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Why is dark pasta 2.5 times more expensive that regural? And is it racial or star wars issue when I complain about that?
masochista
Core Lord
395 | 28
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
What do I need to max vs Buyard Cholik to be 100% safe? Fire and %phys res?