Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
TheNewbie
Thunder Beetle
54 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Scalewinged wrote:I hope you go for Rathma chosen as uberskill?

Of course. At first i was confused if i should go with Veil King or Jinn... but after reading desc carefully i picked Rathma's Chosen because it increases my summons dmg.

I am not reading any build guides btw. It's my first time Necro in this mod and completely blind playthrough without any guides :D
DaddyDale
Invader
8 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
tbone503 wrote:
DaddyDale wrote:i never got a griswold's heart? is that still an item for rescuing cain?
after you rescue Cain go see akara in camp. She gives it to you now

HurtSmash404 wrote:
DaddyDale wrote:i never got a griswold's heart? is that still an item for rescuing cain?

I think that's been changed to Akara'a Robe and is now a quest item received once per difficulty for rescuing Cain.

@tbone503 and @HurtSmash404

Sorry I never got around to it yesterday, but thanks for the quick replies and info. I didn't realize the name had changed!
AlphaMagnum
Cultist
21 | 1
I've seen more than one guide mentioning that you should stack 90 Fire/Light/Cold res and 150 flat physical damage reduction to become immune to Quov Tsin's death beam. Does Physical Resistance reduce the need for DR? aka if I have 50% Phys Resist, do I still need all 150 flat reduction? Or can I get away with less?
ICEEKEY
Cultist
21 | 0
Scalewinged wrote:
TheNewbie wrote:Necro Summoner looks OP? I am playing him right now, 110 lvl (with some totems) and i am going through hell difficulty without any issues. Act 4 right now, still no challenge at all. My army is killing everything so fast, i have to spam only night hawks. I have finished Infernal Machine in about 30 seconds without even getting any damage and few other ubers without a single death.

It is supposed to be that easy? The game will get harder later? I didnt play Median much, but for me Necro Summoner looks like a total OP build.

Game will be much harder after lvl 115-120. 105-110 are ez relaxing ubers that doable nearly naked by any char or build with no paying attention. Esp. lvl 120 ubers. Like someone said - it's like when you hit the wall and must start gearing your char.

i think sum nec is about 90% OP build. Baal fucked my sum nec every time lol then i respected to 2h melee nec and got his charm and 1 trophy after 10 mins lol.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
ICEEKEY wrote:
Scalewinged wrote:
TheNewbie wrote:Necro Summoner looks OP? I am playing him right now, 110 lvl (with some totems) and i am going through hell difficulty without any issues. Act 4 right now, still no challenge at all. My army is killing everything so fast, i have to spam only night hawks. I have finished Infernal Machine in about 30 seconds without even getting any damage and few other ubers without a single death.

It is supposed to be that easy? The game will get harder later? I didnt play Median much, but for me Necro Summoner looks like a total OP build.

Game will be much harder after lvl 115-120. 105-110 are ez relaxing ubers that doable nearly naked by any char or build with no paying attention. Esp. lvl 120 ubers. Like someone said - it's like when you hit the wall and must start gearing your char.

i think sum nec is about 90% OP build. Baal fucked my sum nec every time lol then i respected to 2h melee nec and got his charm and 1 trophy after 10 mins lol.

Baal (in hell) counters summoners. Baal has a chance to summon something when he does dmg, and you cant exactly tell your summons to dodge stuff Baal throws at you.
Philby
Azure Drake
161 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Ok so now I'm totally lost with spell damage.
I studied the guide on this forum. Got the general idea. But then I switch gear on my char to check if I got things right, and it seems I didn't.
Here's the case :
With this rare ring : 2% CT super nova lvl 49 on kill / adds 4-8 dmg / + 9 lightning spell damage / + 8 to all atts / + 14 laek
I make 3936-5642 plague avatar damage (before buffs)
With that magic ring : +14% psd
I make 2492 - 3590 plague avatar damage (before buffs)

+14% psd sounds better right ? I checked with a +13 to atts to see if EN synergy is an explanation, but it stays low.

I try Ring of Regha : adds 3-5 damage / + 5 % SD / + 15 ST/DEX / +10% resist : I get even more than the rare ring (first one).
With a rare ring with : +8 EN factor to SD / +3 phy/mag SD / + 11 to dext : high damage too.

Now with a adds 5 - 12 damage ring : low. With a +5% phys/mag SD: low.

Please somebody help me to understand what stat is making SD raise because I don't have a clue right now...

Thanks !
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Philby wrote:Ok so now I'm totally lost with spell damage.
I studied the guide on this forum. Got the general idea. But then I switch gear on my char to check if I got things right, and it seems I didn't.
Here's the case :
With this rare ring : 2% CT super nova lvl 49 on kill / adds 4-8 dmg / + 9 lightning spell damage / + 8 to all atts / + 14 laek

+14% psd sounds better right ? I checked with a +13 to atts to see if EN synergy is an explanation, but it stays low.

I try Ring of Regha : adds 3-5 damage / + 5 % SD / + 15 ST/DEX / +10% resist : I get even more than the rare ring (first one).
With a rare ring with : +8 EN factor to SD / +3 phy/mag SD / + 11 to dext : high damage too.

Please somebody help me to understand what stat is making SD raise because I don't have a clue right now...

Thanks !

I guess some items you cannot wear with the other ring because of the 8 flat aa. Check if you hit str/dex reqs on all gear with both rings!
Philby
Azure Drake
161 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
mortimer_85 wrote:
Philby wrote:Ok so now I'm totally lost with spell damage.
Here's the case :

Thanks !

I guess some items you cannot wear with the other ring because of the 8 flat aa. Check if you hit str/dex reqs on all gear with both rings!

Ooooh ! Absolutely.
Clever.
Thank you very much !! Now I can wear my cool +psd % :twisted:
TheNewbie
Thunder Beetle
54 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Btw where to farm sacred uniques? I am finishing act 5 hell+finished 11 ubers and i didnt find any sacred unique yet... and i have 116 lvl + around 120% mf. I am finding a lot of regular uniques, but sacred are so hard to find. Any tips where they drop the most?
Sibakys
Thunder Beetle
54 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
TheNewbie wrote:Btw where to farm sacred uniques? I am finishing act 5 hell+finished 11 ubers and i didnt find any sacred unique yet... and i have 116 lvl + around 120% mf. I am finding a lot of regular uniques, but sacred are so hard to find. Any tips where they drop the most?

Just try to level via k3k. Afterwards, see if your build is strong enough to clear Duncraig. It is the biggest su farming spot after 120.