Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
FuriousBEAR
Cog
204 | 11
HurtSmash404 wrote:
Crash wrote:
HurtSmash404 wrote:For the Amazon's Fire Elemental on death skill Fire Cannonade, is there any way to improve it's damage other than hard points, more mana and more mana regeneration?

Doesn't it carry fire spell damage and fire pierce synergy to your actual character? Or maybe I saw that in the upcoming patch note announcement?

It does?

FuriousBEAR wrote:mana and mana regen has nothing to do with damage except with mana sorc

To spam it more.

If it is on death proc, why would you want mana?
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Crash wrote:
HurtSmash404 wrote:For the Amazon's Fire Elemental on death skill Fire Cannonade, is there any way to improve it's damage other than hard points, more mana and more mana regeneration?

Doesn't it carry fire spell damage and fire pierce synergy to your actual character? Or maybe I saw that in the upcoming patch note announcement?

I tested this heavily (atleast for me) recently, and what it appears is that the fire pierce from the skill does apply, but nothing else. Not even SOV buff, bloodlust, etc. I think it has to do with the fact that they "die" first (buffs go away), then the spell procs. Rather than the proc happening then death.

Edit: cast speed (and yes, mana to support) goes a long way. Specially because the proc occurs when replacing summons. It's not uncommon to have 6 or 7 cannonades going at once.
HurtSmash404
Azure Drake
162 | 0
Semigloss wrote:
Crash wrote:

I tested this heavily (atleast for me) recently, and what it appears is that the fire pierce from the skill does apply, but nothing else. Not even SOV buff, bloodlust, etc. I think it has to do with the fact that they "die" first (buffs go away), then the spell procs. Rather than the proc happening then death.

Edit: cast speed (and yes, mana to support) goes a long way. Specially because the proc occurs when casting new summons while at Max already.

Yep, came to that conclusion too.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
How about minion damage?
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Nopers.

I actually had a ton of fun playing this build, but with literally zero options for damage scaling, it pitters out at the end of NM. Hope to see a change on this in the future. Something like party/aura buffs apply, and maybe minion damage applies at 50% effectiveness.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Semigloss wrote:
Crash wrote:

Edit: cast speed (and yes, mana to support) goes a long way. Specially because the proc occurs when replacing summons. It's not uncommon to have 6 or 7 cannonades going at once.

I misremembered. First patch of sigma notes say you can get spell damage and pierce per hard point in Fire Elemental.
HurtSmash404
Azure Drake
162 | 0
Semigloss wrote:Nopers.

I actually had a ton of fun playing this build, but with literally zero options for damage scaling, it pitters out at the end of NM. Hope to see a change on this in the future. Something like party/aura buffs apply, and maybe minion damage applies at 50% effectiveness.

That's a shame, because with a Lightning Amazon I used this strat to kill both Bartuc and Inarius.
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Do warp strikes like harbinger or hades gate count as melee hits? Do they proc LoA and MoA?
Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Diaco wrote:Do warp strikes like harbinger or hades gate count as melee hits? Do they proc LoA and MoA?

no
ColoradoVibes
Destroyer
6 | 0
What are some solid reanimates for Kabraxis Trophy to roll?