Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
coennek
Thunder Beetle
52 | 2
Diaco wrote:
Cheno wrote:
Diaco wrote:AFAIK UHM paladin and malice necro can get the farthest in TUs. Maelstrom assa needs tons of abandoned crafts, neutraldin tons of enchanted/eerie crafts and crafted jewels, and melee sorc depends on finding her entire set to be really effective by mid game. Hammerzon is another good option as she can easily run duncraig in TUs as long as you can master her playstyle

Melee sorc does fine even without her set. Both crafting and the set are viable options for the build.

with crafts yes... but doing 120-125 ubers wih TUs? I guess if you are incredibly skillful it could be done, but I think it'd be very time consuming and frustrating?

i have enjoyed the malice necro (as mentioned above) a whole lot. with only TUs i managed to the ubers (besides ureh, haven't tried) you specified. farming duncraig is a piece of cake.
i used exactly the early game gear suggestions from viewtopic.php?f=40&t=46780
MO it as much as you can and you're good to go. for some ubers you might want to switch to different TUs here and there (for quov tsin e.g.
Wheel of Fortune
Wheel of Fortune
Large Shield (4)

Defense: 85 to 162
Chance to Block: Class%
Required Level: 4
Required Strength: 27
Required Dexterity: 45
Item Level: 10
+(21 to 30) to Vitality
Maximum Elemental Resists +1%
Elemental Resists +(6 to 10)%
Fire Absorb 1%
Lightning Absorb 1%
Cold Absorb 1%
(4 to 7)% Gold Find
(5 to 10)% Magic Find
Socketed (1)
Defense: 240 to 405
Required Level: 21
Required Strength: 53
Required Dexterity: 67
Item Level: 31
+(31 to 40) to Vitality
Maximum Elemental Resists +1%
Elemental Resists +(11 to 20)%
Fire Absorb 2%
Lightning Absorb 2%
Cold Absorb 2%
(9 to 12)% Gold Find
(11 to 20)% Magic Find
Socketed (3)
Defense: 501 to 817
Required Level: 39
Required Strength: 184
Required Dexterity: 139
Item Level: 51
+(41 to 50) to Vitality
Maximum Elemental Resists +2%
Elemental Resists +(21 to 30)%
Fire Absorb 2%
Lightning Absorb 2%
Cold Absorb 2%
(14 to 17)% Gold Find
(21 to 30)% Magic Find
Socketed (4)
Defense: 684 to 1113
Required Level: 48
Required Strength: 368
Required Dexterity: 288
Item Level: 77
+(51 to 60) to Vitality
Maximum Elemental Resists +2%
Elemental Resists +(31 to 40)%
Fire Absorb 3%
Lightning Absorb 3%
Cold Absorb 3%
(17 to 19)% Gold Find
(31 to 40)% Magic Find
Socketed (4)
)
even though this build requires little to no skill switching, it didnt get too boring too quickly.
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Diaco wrote:
Cheno wrote:
Diaco wrote:AFAIK UHM paladin and malice necro can get the farthest in TUs. Maelstrom assa needs tons of abandoned crafts, neutraldin tons of enchanted/eerie crafts and crafted jewels, and melee sorc depends on finding her entire set to be really effective by mid game. Hammerzon is another good option as she can easily run duncraig in TUs as long as you can master her playstyle

Melee sorc does fine even without her set. Both crafting and the set are viable options for the build.

with crafts yes... but doing 120-125 ubers wih TUs? I guess if you are incredibly skillful it could be done, but I think it'd be very time consuming and frustrating?

I did all of the 120 bosses with some mediocre runewords and crafts, the only thing I farmed was a Xis Shark runeword but a crafted sword would have given a similar result but maybe at a slower rate. You don't really have to give a shit until you do the harder 125 bosses but at that point, you would be better off with actually good crafts anyway, over the set. I'm not saying the set is bad but it's definitely not the only way to do 120s. This probably ties into a deeper discussion about how hard the 120s actually are and the melee sorc is not a weak build fundamentally, hence why you could do fine with some average crafts, some random runewords and some of the better TU's.
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Cheno wrote:
Diaco wrote:
Cheno wrote:

I did all of the 120 bosses with some mediocre runewords and crafts, the only thing I farmed was a Xis Shark runeword but a crafted sword would have given a similar result but maybe at a slower rate. You don't really have to give a shit until you do the harder 125 bosses but at that point, you would be better off with actually good crafts anyway, over the set. I'm not saying the set is bad but it's definitely not the only way to do 120s. This probably ties into a deeper discussion about how hard the 120s actually are and the melee sorc is not a weak build fundamentally, hence why you could do fine with some average crafts, some random runewords and some of the better TU's.

I didn't mean the set was the only choice, but the easier one. certainly easier than getting a xis rune as a melee sorc or actually good crafts (unless you get lucky ofc). the point though, is that it's a lot easier to do those ubers with UHM or Malice necro if only using TUs and/or normal runewords
Ericksonius
Pit Knight
102 | 1
I've got a question, mostly just wondering what others think is a worthwhile investment. I play singleplayer, so getting a Dyer's Eve or good rolled Ouroboros is exciting but highly unusual. Is it worth trying for the lotto bonus on these items i'll likely never see another drop of, or should I just stick to the lucky bonus with a much higher chance of success?
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1444 | 59
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Ericksonius wrote:I've got a question, mostly just wondering what others think is a worthwhile investment. I play singleplayer, so getting a Dyer's Eve or good rolled Ouroboros is exciting but highly unusual. Is it worth trying for the lotto bonus on these items i'll likely never see another drop of, or should I just stick to the lucky bonus with a much higher chance of success?

For wdm chars, that 1 all skill wont do much usually, meanwhile the lottery bonus is super strong, so i dont see a reason why anyone would go for lucky. As for ouroboros, i assume mostly wdm bulds would use it, (as casters want the pierce/sd/ef from rare rings, or perhaps use a witchcraft), so spell damage does even less for them, so id go for the lottery again. If you are a big brain player, you can then turn that extra skill into ds with
Path of Brutality
Path of Brutality
Occult Effigy

Cube Reagent
Cube with Unique Ring/Amulet to Add Bonus
Transforms every +1 to All Skills to +3% Deadly Strike
Item Becomes (Your Class Only)
+10 Required Level
Hoght
Prowler
18 | 1
Is there a guide for the barb stormblast?
kolyeah8
Azure Drake
173 | 5
Technical question:
Is the stat "+xx to fire spell damage" a supset of "+xx spell damage" ?

Asking if the effect
"Adds 150% of Your Fire Spell Damage as Bonus Weapon Physical Damage
Adds 150% of Your Physical/Magic Spell Damage as Bonus Weapon Physical Damage"
of
Hellreach
Hellreach
Long War Bow (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: (232 - 260) to (255 - 287)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 650
Item Level: 105
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.13 per Dexterity)%
Adds 140% of Your Fire Spell Damage as Bonus Weapon Physical Damage
Adds 140% of Your Physical/Magic Spell Damage as Bonus Weapon Physical Damage
2% Chance to cast level 50 Flamefront on Striking
2% Chance to cast level 50 Drakemaw on Striking
+50 Damage
+(160 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
+(250 to 500) to Life
Maximum Fire Resist +4%
Cannot Be Frozen
Socketed (6)
is also increased if an item just has "+xx spell damage", and if so would it work "double" for each fire and phys/magic ?

edit: nevermind, i tried it out it works "double". Now lets see if i can get that build somewhere :)
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Yes double. Similar to how Assassin trap passive works, you get 1.3x benefit from spell damage because it technically gives you 4 individual spell bonuses.
Amantalado
Vampiress
39 | 1

Is my game supposed to be this dark or are my settings messed up somewhere?
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Mine is much lighter. Are you using Glide?