Discuss Median XL!
ABeLina
Rust Claw
89 | 4
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Anyone knows, if lucky bonus works on Sorceress Arcane Set (rings)?
I tried lucky recipe on 29 rings and go 0 with SD bonus.
Maybe lucky does not work here, or i'm just super-unlucky?
kolyeah8
Azure Drake
173 | 5
ABeLina wrote:Anyone knows, if lucky bonus works on Sorceress Arcane Set (rings)?
I tried lucky recipe on 29 rings and go 0 with SD bonus.
Maybe lucky does not work here, or i'm just super-unlucky?

it shoukd work, sometimes RNGsus is not there for you :-]

question: what does "scepter mastery" from
Skin of Kabraxis
Skin of Kabraxis
Plate Mail (Sacred)

Defense: (5412 - 8068) to (7238 - 10357)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 625
Item Level: 105
+120% Weapon Physical Damage if Wielding a Scepter
1% Chance to cast level 24 Pagan Rites on Kill
+1 to Scepter Mastery
+(100 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(100 to 1000) Defense
(5 to 20)% to Dexterity
Physical Resist (1 to 5)%
(10 to 100)% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (6)
actually do, and does it benefit from +all skills or from +barb skills or any other classes +skills?

theorycrafting now:

The orange text "100% of Magnetic Field Bonus Lightning Damage Converted to Physical" of
Thunderbane

-> is that before or after the skill is effected by "+lightning spell dmg" ?
-> so if i equip thunderbane, does "+lightnng spell dmg" or "+physical/magical spell dmg" effect magnetic field?
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1444 | 59
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
kolyeah8 wrote:
question: what does "scepter mastery" from
Skin of Kabraxis
Skin of Kabraxis
Plate Mail (Sacred)

Defense: (5412 - 8068) to (7238 - 10357)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 625
Item Level: 105
+120% Weapon Physical Damage if Wielding a Scepter
1% Chance to cast level 24 Pagan Rites on Kill
+1 to Scepter Mastery
+(100 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(100 to 1000) Defense
(5 to 20)% to Dexterity
Physical Resist (1 to 5)%
(10 to 100)% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (6)
actually do, and does it benefit from +all skills or from +barb skills or any other classes +skills?

theorycrafting now:

The orange text "100% of Magnetic Field Bonus Lightning Damage Converted to Physical" of
Thunderbane

-> is that before or after the skill is effected by "+lightning spell dmg" ?
-> so if i equip thunderbane, does "+lightnng spell dmg" or "+physical/magical spell dmg" effect magnetic field?

Scepter mastery is the orange text, +200% ewd if you use a scepter, its a bit confusing.
Magnetic field doesnt scale with spell damage. It is tagged as a spell, just like hammer of zerae, only because it uses cast animation, but it does weapon based damage (and doesnt have energy synergy, like a real spell does). I tried thunderbane like 3 seasons ago, when i was playing hammezon, its not good. Sure it sounds good on paper that it will now do pure physical damage, so that you dont need pierce for it, and even spellbind will boost its damage, but most bosses will move and/or teleport out of it really fast, as it multihits a lot, and has a very small aoe, and its damage is reduced the further an enemy is from its center.
kolyeah8
Azure Drake
173 | 5
Istaryu wrote:Scepter mastery is the orange text, +200% ewd if you use a scepter, its a bit confusing.
Magnetic field doesnt scale with spell damage. It is tagged as a spell, just like hammer of zerae, only because it uses cast animation, but it does weapon based damage (and doesnt have energy synergy, like a real spell does). I tried thunderbane like 3 seasons ago, when i was playing hammezon, its not good. Sure it sounds good on paper that it will now do pure physical damage, so that you dont need pierce for it, and even spellbind will boost its damage, but most bosses will move and/or teleport out of it really fast, as it multihits a lot, and has a very small aoe, and its damage is reduced the further an enemy is from its center.

thanks for both answers, they both are confusing^^

so even the lighning bonus dmg from magnetig field (or all the ama lighning skills for that matter) is not increased by +spell dmg?
so the lighning ama is just another wdm build? sad :(
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1444 | 59
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
kolyeah8 wrote:
Istaryu wrote:Scepter mastery is the orange text, +200% ewd if you use a scepter, its a bit confusing.

so the lighning ama is just another wdm build? sad :(

What? There is stormcall and askari lightning.
kolyeah8
Azure Drake
173 | 5
ah right, the table at https://median-xl.fandom.com/wiki/Skills makes it a little more obious which one is a spell and which one is wdm :)

i guess ill have to try it out
ABeLina
Rust Claw
89 | 4
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
kolyeah8 wrote:it shoukd work, sometimes RNGsus is not there for you :-]

I understant, 10, maybe 20, but 29 - have you seen any ring from set with +5% SD or this is just a guess?
Cml2823
Imp
5 | 0
im trying to make a pax mystica and for the life of me i cant seem to find a stave. Were they removed or something?
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1444 | 59
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Cml2823 wrote:im trying to make a pax mystica and for the life of me i cant seem to find a stave. Were they removed or something?

Check Akara.
Demonlord
Cog
201 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Is there a Pierce Cap? Im finding that much over 150-170% Pierce doesn't seem to make much difference anymore. 200% doesnt seem any different at all than 150%.