Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
kolyeah8
Azure Drake
166 | 5
JustinPeters wrote:Does deadly strike work with ATMG?

Yes, since its an WDM (weapon damage modifier) Skill.

edit: oof my 666th post. :evil: :twisted:
Squiggoth
Cultist
24 | 0
Do minions regen life ?
If not, what are the most common way to keep them alive, class skills aside ?
Philby
Azure Drake
161 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Crash wrote:
stormbringer wrote:How to kill Astrogha? I'm playing a unholy caster paldin using Stormfront. I can't catch his move since he teleports after I hit him. The statues are also annoying because I always miskill them. Finally, does the spider has a one-shot kill skill? Every time I die a sudden death.

he has a chance to teleport when he takes damage. stormfront hits 13x per second, so he will teleport away a lot. its random. killing a totem gives you a green curse that makes you die to any hit while the curse is active. astrogha uses frozen orb that kills you in one shot. the darklings have a chance to use deathstrike when you kill them (watch out for the little white cloud below your feet and move away). killing a totem within a small range of it near astrogha will heal astrogha a little bit.

If this 1 yo description of Astro's talents is still true, does pushing max cold res helps limiting Frozen Orb damage so it doesn't instakill me? Just trying to find a key to the fight, apart from the totem stuff.
Thanks
Philby
Azure Drake
161 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Squiggoth wrote:Do minions regen life ?
If not, what are the most common way to keep them alive, class skills aside ?

Socketting nas runes, bloodstone gems, MOing items... Or recast.
Squiggoth
Cultist
24 | 0
Thanks Philby.
I guess I won't escape recasting :P
Crash
Talic
6674 | 302
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Philby wrote:If this 1 yo description of Astro's talents is still true, does pushing max cold res helps limiting Frozen Orb damage so it doesn't instakill me? Just trying to find a key to the fight, apart from the totem stuff.
Thanks

frozen orb isn't instant 1 hit kill anymore but it does a huge amount of cold damage. you won't tank a full hit but it's been made so that you can take a hit from an ice bolt or two
Ibra1
Balrog
126 | 0
So, looks like I need to make a special character to take on some of the ubers. My cold sorc and Orb of A necromancer just can't kill Hell Baal, or Kabraxis, or several others. What is a character, that with T4 items CAN take those down? My Sorc AND my Necro spend all their time fighting Baal's damn summons that after 1/2 hour, Baal is 50% or more. Beyond frustrating.
Jo_Jo
Vampiress
35 | 0
Ibra1 wrote:So, looks like I need to make a special character to take on some of the ubers. My cold sorc and Orb of A necromancer just can't kill Hell Baal, or Kabraxis, or several others. What is a character, that with T4 items CAN take those down? My Sorc AND my Necro spend all their time fighting Baal's damn summons that after 1/2 hour, Baal is 50% or more. Beyond frustrating.

Poison Barb
Johnny Impak
Onyx Knight
640 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Hell Baal and Kabraxis are extremely easy with a trapsin. If you don’t master the mechanics yet, pop a fire trap, a catalyst and focus on dodging. It also works wonders against spirit of Guyia. Endgame gear is pretty specific, but the set can get you far. Like in the 130’s. Very tanky build based on vitality. I had 17k hp on my last one endgame.

As for Astrogha, my favored slower strategy is to cast or hit her only when it casts totems from far away. This ensures he won’t heal if whatever skill you cast hits something else. Also use it only once or twice. If Astrogha starts to teleport everywhere, it will get harder to keep the fight under control.

TL:DR: Make sure Astrogha is near the edge of the screen and that the totems are cast in your direction. Use your skill once or twice, pull back and clean adds. Repeat.
Edited by Johnny Impak 10 months.
Ibra1
Balrog
126 | 0
Thanks. Is there a guide? I looked through a few pages in the guides, but poison barb was not in the titles...