Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
hardtoforget
Monkey King
253 | 3
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Jampula wrote:1. No. It is pure Cold Spell dmg and doesn't proc anything but "on death blow" No leech and AFAIK no ND, at least I didn't notice any or it's very short.

I assume it's the same for the Blood Thorns? :/
Any idea what multihitting attack can an unholy pala get then that takes weapon damage into account for its hits? (ideally cold-themed)

Also, an unrelated question: Hidden shrines say "1% chance to reanimate as random monster", how random are we talking about? Can you get lucky and roll an item that sometimes reanimates Baal and such? :)
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
hardtoforget wrote:I assume it's the same for the Blood Thorns? :/
Any idea what multihitting attack can an unholy pala get then that takes weapon damage into account for its hits? (ideally cold-themed)

Yes it is. Why do you want WDM into account when the whole UHM build is usually based on spell dmg? Not judging, just curious what kind of build are you working on.
Crosby4HyG
Core Lord
395 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
SwineFlu wrote:
Crosby4HyG wrote:
hardtoforget wrote:1. What does "+2 Remorseless Winter" passive on the SSSU Azurewrath do? I found some old topics about the sword, but no description of that passive.

2. Is there an attack similar to Zeal from the vanilla Diablo 2? If there is, would it be able to proc "on attack" triggers more often than all other attack skills?

I'm not entirely sure on either answer, but I have Azurewrath and have been unable to figure out what "remorseless winter does". Would be great to hear from a dev on that one.

It's a passive skill and you can find out what it does in the description of
Azurewrath
Azurewrath
Crystal Sword (Sacred)

Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity:
Item Level: 130
Innate Cold Damage:
(45.0% of Dexterity)
100% of Vitality Added as Cold Damage to Weapon
Max Life gained per point of Vitality reduced by 0.9
You Cannot Deal Fire, Lightning or Poison Damage
40% Chance to cast level 30 Azure Orb on Melee Attack
Adds 160-250 Cold Damage
-100% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+2 to Remorseless Winter
Slow Target 25%
Maximum Cold Resist +10%
Physical Resist 10%
100% Bonus to Defense
Cannot Be Frozen
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)
, that is 160% of Vitality Added as Cold Damage to Weapon and Deal no Fire, Lightning or Poison Damage. Another example is
Skin of Kabraxis
Skin of Kabraxis
Plate Mail (Sacred)

Defense: (5412 - 8068) to (7238 - 10357)
Required Strength: 625
Item Level: 105
+120% Weapon Physical Damage if Wielding a Scepter
1% Chance to cast level 24 Pagan Rites on Kill
+1 to Scepter Mastery
+(100 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(100 to 1000) Defense
(5 to 20)% to Dexterity
Physical Resist (1 to 5)%
(10 to 100)% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (6)
, where Scepter Mastery is a passive skill which gives you +200% Weapon Physical Damage if Wielding a Scepter. For the future you should not treat yellow text as something else, it's merely a description and nothing more, like for this particular sword 60% of Dexterity Added as Cold Damage to Weapon is coming from the item base (Crystal Sword) and the rest of yellow text is related to the skill in question.

Gotcha, appreciate the answer.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
hardtoforget wrote:2. Found an SSU Crystal Sword earlier, it gives level 20 banish. That curse doesn't say if it only adds flat ele/magical damage to attacks or not. Does it also work on spells that deal magical/elemental damage hits?

It working same as doom, but for any NON-physical damage, this counting also spells that deal fire/lightning/cold/magic damage.
PS: Lemures working fine as singletarget: they have no ND btw.

hardtoforget wrote:Also, an unrelated question: Hidden shrines say "1% chance to reanimate as random monster", how random are we talking about? Can you get lucky and roll an item that sometimes reanimates Baal and such? :)

It's group of monsters from usual to elites (so no uber-monsters, bosses and so on)

Jampula wrote:Yes it is. Why do you want WDM into account when the whole UHM build is usually based on spell dmg? Not judging, just curious what kind of build are you working on.

Smth around
Mad King's Spine
Mad King's Spine
Bonebreaker (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (163 - 223) to (245 - 306)
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 544
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.14 per Strength)%
Superbeast adds Deadly Strike Instead of Spell Damage at 50% efficiency
25% Chance to cast level 1 Rend on Melee Attack
+(1 to 3) to All Skills
Adds (41 to 70)-(121 to 150) Damage
+50% Damage to Undead
10% Life stolen per Hit
Stun Attack
+(140 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Physical Resist -(5 to 10)%
Socketed (3)
:roll: But i guess was just confused when you told "banish need WDM to work while it's not since it working like "reducing enemy flat magic damage reduction to negative value" (doom doing same but with flat phys damage reduction)
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Demonlord wrote:I finally got the Pulsating World Shard and got everything i need to cube with it except the Mystic Shard.. Is it a random from from the Spirit World Boss in Tenganze? Also do i cube all the Charms and Rings with the Shard together or one at a time?

void ring + uldy charm + laz charm + duncraig ring + ghost trance + worldstone shard (make sure shard is fully cubed to the end of the riddles)

ghost trance is guaranteed drop from Giyua
Poxpox
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Among the MO available in the NPCs, there is one saying : Physical damage reduced by 6, and i saw a discussion about people advising to reduced flat damage until 135 (knowing that with these MOs, we can apply to the ring and amu 15 x 6 = 90 reduction).

I can't see how this damage reduction work, knowing that 90 physical damage seems to me quite low (lol i compare it to what I do as damage in act 2 in normal :mrgreen: ) so i'm surely wrong in my interpretation of what is this value.

Is someone can help me on this point, I would be grateful :)
hardtoforget
Monkey King
253 | 3
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Jampula wrote:Yes it is. Why do you want WDM into account when the whole UHM build is usually based on spell dmg? Not judging, just curious what kind of build are you working on.

I am aiming to get myself an Azurewrath :)

And... more questions :D

1. What does Wyrd gain with levels of the skill? Seems only the manacost increases... Also, is there a way to remove its 0.2s cooldown?

2. Does "% Bonus to Buff/Debuff/Cold Skill Duration" stat affect buffs/debuffs that you get from procs? Like Bloodlust on kill, Doom on kill etc.

3. Is there a limit on the amount of UMOs you can apply to an item? (similar to how you can only apply 5 normal MOs of one type)

4. How many victims does skill "Sacrifices" actually call to slaughter? Is it visually correct or are some of them actually invisible (or simply without a model)?
Demonlord
Cog
201 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Crash wrote:
Demonlord wrote:I finally got the Pulsating World Shard and got everything i need to cube with it except the Mystic Shard.. Is it a random from from the Spirit World Boss in Tenganze? Also do i cube all the Charms and Rings with the Shard together or one at a time?

void ring + uldy charm + laz charm + duncraig ring + ghost trance + worldstone shard (make sure shard is fully cubed to the end of the riddles)

ghost trance is guaranteed drop from Giyua

Oh so basically Ghost Trace=Mystic Shard? Well dammit man.. ive had everything the whole time. Thanks again Crash \m/
huangyunshy
Onyx Knight
615 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
How can the assassin's "broadside" skill cool down faster? I currently know that hand-made weapons can reduce cooldown by 2 seconds. That's five seconds of cooling. But I saw a video writer's assassin, whose broadside skill cools down quickly. I'd love to know
huangyunshy
Onyx Knight
615 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
He used SSU
Zular Khan's Tempest
Zular Khan's Tempest
Halberd (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 71 to 100
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 558
Item Level: 105
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.15 per Dexterity)%
Area Effect Attack
10% Chance to cast level 1 Stormpike on Striking
Broadside Cooldown Reduced by 2 seconds
-30% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+(25 to 30) to Way of the Raven (Assassin Only)
+(25 to 30) to Way of the Gryphon (Assassin Only)
+(25 to 30) to Way of the Spider (Assassin Only)
+(25 to 30) to Way of the Phoenix (Assassin Only)
+(51 to 100) Life after each Kill
Socketed (6)