Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Philby
Azure Drake
161 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Oblivion wrote:If a weapon reads "Add X-Y damage", is this reflected in your chars stats? Or does that only show basic weapon damage?

Yes it shows on the LCS. Don't know how accurate it is, bit you should see changes equipping and unequipping the item.
You get more accurate info from D2stats, a software that can be downloaded from the Tools section of the website.
cletyan
Bone Archer
72 | 0
Barbarian snake bite is it a spell or a passive damage?? Thanks
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
cletyan wrote:Barbarian snake bite is it a spell or a passive damage?? Thanks

It's active damage, increasing only with poison skill duration and/or base (and very little per soft) lvls in skill
Oblivion
Acid Prince
46 | 0
Philby wrote:
Oblivion wrote:If a weapon reads "Add X-Y damage", is this reflected in your chars stats? Or does that only show basic weapon damage?

Yes it shows on the LCS. Don't know how accurate it is, bit you should see changes equipping and unequipping the item.
You get more accurate info from D2stats, a software that can be downloaded from the Tools section of the website.

Yeah D2Stats gave a better breakdown of the dmg. Thanks :)
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
do items with innate elemental damage only effect minions or my spells as well?
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Scalewinged wrote:IED works ONLY on sacred elemental bases and items with XX% of listed stat added as "some elemental" damage.
Albatross
Imp
4 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Just curious how this item was molded to get the extra stats. It has alot more fire spell damage than expected and procs.Image
JoeNasty
Prowler
16 | 1
Not sure if really a short question, but I'm essentially somewhat new player, my best is like finishing all lvl 115 ubers and reaching clvl 123, but I didn't like the playstyle of bowzon (not being able to tank) and melee sorc for me had the problem of not having very good mid game gear without lots and lots of farming. So now I'm going for either summon barb or summon paladin - but both builds will have problems late game - so respeccing is going to be a thing - but I'm wondering what would be better character for late game - barb or pally? If barb, I would most likely go for the Warcry spec, since it seems interesting and there is a good guide for it. If pally, then I think oskill based builds can be fun (like Trinity Beam and Rising Dawn and Thunderclash or even Shunpo Paladin as someone in the Sumodin guide outlined a way on how to do that) - my only problem with these choices is that there are no real guides, which might cripple my progression. Which path (or maybe something third) would more experienced players recommend to take? Goal would be to see most of endgame content (not necessarily complete them tho)
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Albatross wrote:Just curious how this item was molded to get the extra stats. It has alot more fire spell damage than expected and procs.Image

Here 4 UMOs: 1 x
Nor Tiraj's Flaming Sphere
Nor Tiraj's Flaming Sphere
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
1% Chance to cast level 42 Flamefront on Melee Attack
Adds 3-6 Fire Damage
+5% to Fire Spell Damage
Fire Resist +25%
+10 Required Level
and 3 x
The Demon Core
The Demon Core
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
1% Chance to cast level 63 Apocalypse on Kill
1% Chance to cast level 58 Gamma Field on Kill
+5% to Fire Spell Damage
+5% to Poison Spell Damage
+10 Required Level

Not sure about socketables
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
JoeNasty wrote:Not sure if really a short question, but I'm essentially somewhat new player, my best is like finishing all lvl 115 ubers and reaching clvl 123, but I didn't like the playstyle of bowzon (not being able to tank) and melee sorc for me had the problem of not having very good mid game gear without lots and lots of farming. So now I'm going for either summon barb or summon paladin - but both builds will have problems late game - so respeccing is going to be a thing - but I'm wondering what would be better character for late game - barb or pally? If barb, I would most likely go for the Warcry spec, since it seems interesting and there is a good guide for it. If pally, then I think oskill based builds can be fun (like Trinity Beam and Rising Dawn and Thunderclash or even Shunpo Paladin as someone in the Sumodin guide outlined a way on how to do that) - my only problem with these choices is that there are no real guides, which might cripple my progression. Which path (or maybe something third) would more experienced players recommend to take? Goal would be to see most of endgame content (not necessarily complete them tho)

I tried Shunpo with a Sumodin. It wasn't as great as the guy said. That stems from the fact that you can't use a shield and as such, you'll have less defense, less absorb and fewer minion stats. The only thing you got going for you is a higher mobility. But what use is Mobility if you lack damage and can't kill enemies quick enough. Though I didn't switch gear to a full Melee paladin either, so I can't say how that would work. It might be a good progression, but I'm honestly not sure.

Barb - he has high defense stats, but you'll be forced to use a stance and as such you can only attack with the left mouse button. If that's what you want, go ahead. I'd rather not do that since the "continue attacking target under mouse button" option in d2stats is such a huge stress relief for melee builds. Barb can switch to a poison throwing build though, so later ubers should be relatively easy. I'd go for paladin nonetheless since it's so versatile and almost every oskill is useful on that character. But it's really up to your preferences.