Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Yeahsper
Cog
224 | 14
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
ParticuLarry wrote:
Yeahsper wrote: Iirc, superior items is only white items but with sockets and/or ed.

There are also non-superior white/grey items with sockets. I assume you meant to say attack rating/durability instead of sockets since that's one of the additional effects of superior items, right?

Might be. Point still stands, superior is not a rarity, it's more like a... added word to the name lmao.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Didn't know that. I thought damaged and superior were rarities on their own. Thanks for clarifying this
Yeahsper
Cog
224 | 14
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
But if you really wanna farm some etheral items for runewords, get a high low-rolled (lmao) dacana's fist so you get close to -100%mf, it pretty much only drops white/gray's then.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Yeahsper wrote:But if you really wanna farm some etheral items for runewords, get a high low-rolled (lmao) dacana's fist so you get close to -100%mf, it pretty much only drops white/gray's then.

Don't forget to stash Butcher's Tooth and Fool's Gold. Don't trophy your Triune charm either.
Philby
Azure Drake
161 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Johnny Impak wrote:
Yeahsper wrote:But if you really wanna farm some etheral items for runewords, get a high low-rolled (lmao) dacana's fist so you get close to -100%mf, it pretty much only drops white/gray's then.

Don't forget to stash Butcher's Tooth and Fool's Gold. Don't trophy your Triune charm either.

This would be a nice addition to your "did you know" thread... ;)
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Indeed. Unfortunately it didn't catch up as much as I wanted to. But hey, that single Marco post was worth the effort haha.
Anarabor
Imp
5 | 0
Played as a necromancer summoner, he had problems with killing uber bosses, I'm tired of it.
Which class should you choose to beat all the uber bosses? For single player play.
Also, which mercenary do you think is the strongest?
wewenako19
Balrog
121 | 0
Anarabor wrote:Played as a necromancer summoner, he had problems with killing uber bosses, I'm tired of it.
Which class should you choose to beat all the uber bosses? For single player play.

lol necromancer summoner is a pretty good class killing uber its about understanding its gameplay and uber gameplay. if summon is soft toughen its resist or hp. if the damage is low , increase it. its about balancing your summon power and sustain . veil king is a tough one i let him 1v1 some uber. think before you complain dont let your brain become useless.
Yeahsper
Cog
224 | 14
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
wewenako19 wrote:
Anarabor wrote:Played as a necromancer summoner, he had problems with killing uber bosses, I'm tired of it.

lol necromancer summoner is a pretty good class killing uber its about understanding its gameplay and uber gameplay. if summon is soft toughen its resist or hp. if the damage is low , increase it. its about balancing your summon power and sustain . veil king is a tough one i let him 1v1 some uber. think before you complain dont let your brain become useless.

Wow what a constructive post. Just get more hp, resistance and damage 4Head.

For your question about easy class to beat most content, I would say Paladin. UHM have a easy time with pretty much everything, without much investment. Poison throw Barb is also good against ubers without almost any gear, but terrible farming / clear, but since you play single player it''s easy to respec.

Mercenary depends on your own build and what you are gonna use him for, but a Act 2 Shapeshifter is a good meat shield without any gear, and a balanced merc that can do almost everything but not the best at anything (jack of all trades) is a Act 5 merc, but might need some gear for him to survive.
akbugger
Pit Knight
101 | 3

Afaik, there isnt any one class/build that can do all ubers. U'll need to respec for some. C'est la vie.
I personally hate it and think it's poorly balanced, but am playing SP so I have several characters which can trade items (ubers charms included) in between them. If going for uber boss fights I'd avoid any summoning build other then birds necro. Melee can also feel very unforgiving in this mod.
HC Paladin seems decent if u can survive the annoyance of casting Solar Flare every *10* seconds to be able to use any spell at all. I can't so I never touched the kit after the first time I've tried it.
(this is imo a major flaw of all paladins - their reliance on low duration buffs gets extremely boring very quickly, hence i don't play them anymore).
Mercs I don't use since after a certain level they just kept dying on every uber.