Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
patrick_pkl
Gravedigger
191 | 4
Hi all,

New player here. Used to play this maybe 5-6 years back but seems like a lot has changed. Some questions on getting started again.

1. Which character class is best for a beginner, and which class is best for clearing end game content?

2. Single player or multiplayer?

3. Are plugins like plugY still needed for utility in the game?

4. Is this a good link (viewtopic.php?f=40&t=56594) to refamilarize with all the median xl content like challenges and Ubers?

5. I recall there were summoning challenges. Whatever happened to them?

Thank you!
Edited by patrick_pkl 3 years.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Diaco wrote:I am having some issues with Runemaster uber skill. I don't know if I'm missing something but the defense bonus does not appear on D2Stats, and my defense is really low even when wearing about 25 runes with a 10% defense bonus per rune.

EDIT: Upon further investigation, I'm thinking the bonus from my runes are not applying at all, since I just socketed 4 Sha runes and my IAS bonus on D2Stats has not changed. I'm able to wield my weapons, armor, etc, nothing is showing up in red in the requirements for my gear.

Def bonus from runemaster is not TCD but total defence (aplying after TCD) like on sorc elementals.
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
patrick_pkl wrote:Hi all,

New player here. Used to play this maybe 5-6 years back but seems like a lot has changed. Some questions on getting started again.

1. Which character class is best for a beginner, and which class is best for clearing end game content?

3. Are plugins like plugY needed to utility in the game?

4. Is this a good link (viewtopic.php?f=40&t=56594) to refamilarize with all the median xl content like challenges and Ubers?

Thank you!

1. The class you like the most. Test some char until level 30~40 and see their spells ! Lots of builds are fairly "simple" and strong, such a cold or fire caster sorc, but listing all of them doesn't make any sense, just feel it. Most of the builds do well enough

2. Do you want to trade or not is the question. Since new season is in 2 days you might as well try multi I guess but it's your choice. There's no in game difference between the two outside of a little bit more uniques drops in solo to balance a little bit (from my experience, doesn''t change much)

3. Only d2stats (<-- very important)

4. Good links are documentation, such as https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/cube, and the game button. This pages or guides may be useful that's for sure but by seeing things yourself it'll work better. Probably.
patrick_pkl
Gravedigger
191 | 4
Lynderika wrote:
patrick_pkl wrote:Hi all,

3. Are plugins like plugY needed to utility in the game?

Thank you!

1. The class you like the most. Test some char until level 30~40 and see their spells ! Lots of builds are fairly "simple" and strong, such a cold or fire caster sorc, but listing all of them doesn't make any sense, just feel it. Most of the builds do well enough

2. Do you want to trade or not is the question. Since new season is in 2 days you might as well try multi I guess but it's your choice. There's no in game difference between the two outside of a little bit more uniques drops in solo to balance a little bit (from my experience, doesn''t change much)

3. Only d2stats (<-- very important)

4. Good links are documentation, such as https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/cube, and the game button. This pages or guides may be useful that's for sure but by seeing things yourself it'll work better. Probably.

Thanks! Regarding single player and multiplayer comparison:
- are there certain end game content that requires multiple players/classes to clear?
- what happens to your characters when the season ends? (sorry this might be a silly question but I've lost touch with how the ladder system works in vanilla d2)
- is easy transferring of items between your different characters a benefit of multiplayer (i.e. dropping items in a password game and rejoining with another char)? Or is there some item sharing feature built into single player as well? (Sorry might be a silly question too)
wewenako19
Balrog
121 | 0
how %life works? kinda confuse, i get +%10 life i currently have 10k life. no calc needed i should have +1k life but i get just a few , is it computed by my base life rather the currently life that i have? what should prefer +vit or +life thanks for the answer
Edited by wewenako19 3 years.
hellgrind
Mangler
458 | 21
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Delete this post :)
Edited by hellgrind 3 years.
uberecht
Sasquatch
65 | 6
wewenako19 wrote:how %life works? kinda confuse, i get +%10 life i currently have 10k life. no calc needed i should have +1k life but i get just a few , is it computed by my base life rather the currently life that i have? what should prefer +vit or +life thanks for the answer

+Vit depends on the character class you play, different classes get different +life for vita.
You can check which applies under "https://docs.median-xl.com/" under characters.
Afaik it works like this Maxlife =(Classbaselife+Charlvl*classfactor(lvl)+Vita*classfactor(vit)+Flat Life)
Life = Maxlife + (Maxlife*maxlife(%))

Edit: yeah look 2 posts down, this is wrong.
Edited by uberecht 3 years.
wewenako19
Balrog
121 | 0
uberecht wrote:
wewenako19 wrote:how %life works? kinda confuse, i get +%10 life i currently have 10k life. no calc needed i should have +1k life but i get just a few , is it computed by my base life rather the currently life that i have? what should prefer +vit or +life thanks for the answer

+Vit depends on the character class you play, different classes get different +life for vita.
You can check which applies under "https://docs.median-xl.com/" under characters.
Afaik it works like this Maxlife =(Classbaselife+Charlvl*classfactor(lvl)+Vita*classfactor(vit)+Flat Life)

thansk bro i didnt expect its complicated HAHA
aahz
Team Member
494 | 287
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
wewenako19 wrote:
uberecht wrote:Afaik it works like this Maxlife =(Classbaselife+Charlvl*classfactor(lvl)+Vita*classfactor(vit)+Flat Life)

thansk bro i didnt expect its complicated HAHA

I recently tried to put together total life formula, tho I'm not sure if it's 100% correct yet :

Code: Select all

total life = (base life + flat life) * %life + soft vit * (hp per vit)
where
base life = clvl * (hp per lvl) + base vit * (hp per vit) - starting hp
soft vit = total vit - base vit
https://tsw.vn.cz - TSW realm stats (& Quests, NotArmory, HC chars)
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
patrick_pkl wrote:
Thanks! Regarding single player and multiplayer comparison:
- are there certain end game content that requires multiple players/classes to clear?
- what happens to your characters when the season ends? (sorry this might be a silly question but I've lost touch with how the ladder system works in vanilla d2)
- is easy transferring of items between your different characters a benefit of multiplayer (i.e. dropping items in a password game and rejoining with another char)? Or is there some item sharing feature built into single player as well? (Sorry might be a silly question too)

-Most content are better alone even (The 2 last ones only by a few builds/player, but anyway they're all alone)
-It become non ladder, nothing change, your game get updated and every item you still have become legacy ones.
-There's an auction system in this website with autotransfer, you put an item on a lvl 1 char and the reciver get it directly. But most of the transactions I've done are : I give game name/password, my forum name so I can get tg, dude join in game, I drop item and done