Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
stanbsl
Sasquatch
67 | 1
pollack73 wrote:How can I reach the cathedral of vanity? Thanks in advance

Act 4 (hell) -> Plains of Despair -> Kill Izual -> Diamond Gates -> Silver City -> Library Of Fate

Map of Library of Fate ( red dot):

blatkill
Core Lord
388 | 32
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
patrick_pkl wrote:
Yeahsper wrote:
patrick_pkl wrote: To open portals for higher labs?

Yes. One AC for T6 to T10, 2 ACs for T11 to T15.
patrick_pkl
Gravedigger
191 | 4
blatkill wrote:
patrick_pkl wrote:
Yeahsper wrote:

Thanks! Any idea about a recipe using ACs for rerolling rings/amulets?

That seems like a good recipe to get the right modifiers/affixes
robotlee
Skeleton
3 | 0
new player, tried googling this several different ways without satisfaction..

In my unique leveling caster weapon (Demoncall) I'm considering stacking Perfect Topaz or Perfect Diamond. Am I missing something, or is Perfect Diamond strictly three times better than Perfect Topaz? Both have no diminishing returns? (other than spell focus' hard cap of 1000?) And stack intuitively, right?

I don't think it would matter, but just in case it does: I'm casting mostly Slayer and Mind Flay, and I have 122 Spell Focus and +17% to Spell Damage on my gear as is. Just want to make sure I understand the mechanics.

Thanks
Yeahsper
Cog
224 | 14
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
patrick_pkl wrote:
blatkill wrote:
patrick_pkl wrote:
Yeahsper wrote:

What I meant was you can reroll rings/amu to new TU rings/amus with 2AC and a Oil of Enhancement, my bad.
patrick_pkl
Gravedigger
191 | 4
Yeahsper wrote:
patrick_pkl wrote:
blatkill wrote:
patrick_pkl wrote:
Yeahsper wrote:

What I meant was you can reroll rings/amu to new TU rings/amus with 2AC and a Oil of Enhancement, my bad.

Oh! I assume that means it's a way to roll a good unique amulet/ring? Does a item level 99 ring have a chance to roll to any unique ring including SU rarity rings?
Yeahsper
Cog
224 | 14
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
patrick_pkl wrote:Oh! I assume that means it's a way to roll a good unique amulet/ring? Does a item level 99 ring have a chance to roll to any unique ring including SU rarity rings?

You can only craft TU stuff, everything in here is craftable with 2AC + Oil of Enhancement. https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/tiereduniques
Remember there is no bases for rings like with other items, so it's random what ring/amu you get.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Yeahsper wrote:
patrick_pkl wrote:Oh! I assume that means it's a way to roll a good unique amulet/ring? Does a item level 99 ring have a chance to roll to any unique ring including SU rarity rings?

Remember there is no bases for rings like with other items, so it's random what ring/amu you get.

It is not totally random, lower lvl items have much higher chance to spawn, so this recipe is not worth it, nobody uses it to craft rings and amulets, its better to just sell your acs and buy them.
Yeahsper
Cog
224 | 14
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Istaryu wrote:
Yeahsper wrote:

It is not totally random, lower lvl items have much higher chance to spawn, so this recipe is not worth it, nobody uses it to craft rings and amulets, its better to just sell your acs and buy them.

And not everyone plays online or trades.
It's still random, it's just weighted.
patrick_pkl
Gravedigger
191 | 4
Yeahsper wrote:

You can only craft TU stuff, everything in here is craftable with 2AC + Oil of Enhancement. https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/tiereduniques

Ah. I doubt rings and amulets under TU are worth using late game, am I right?

Do u need an ilvl 100 amulet base to have a chance to reroll an ilvl 100 unique amulet?

I guessing realistically jewelcrafting is the main use of ACs late game (prior to doing labs).