Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
vidok1
Imp
5 | 0
Good day! I play a barb Archer WDM build (the runeword for hornet) in the labs of 11-15. Which scroll enchantment is best to use for gloves and boots.
1. For gloves, choose between 1% Chance to Cast Level 5 Life Spark on Striking and +8% Life Stolen per Hit?
2. For boots, choose between Elemental / Magic Damage Reduced by 35 and Fire Absorb 1%, Cold Absorb 1%, Lightning Absorb 1%?
Stamyham
Fallen
1 | 0
Is now a good time to start a new ladder character? I am unable to find any solid information as to the status of the ladder right now - so I don't know if reset is in days or weeks or months from now. Would appreciate any answers, and especially if someone can point me to where I could find such information for myself. I'm not very good at using forums...
DiabloDwarf
Rust Claw
86 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Stamyham wrote:Is now a good time to start a new ladder character? I am unable to find any solid information as to the status of the ladder right now - so I don't know if reset is in days or weeks or months from now. Would appreciate any answers, and especially if someone can point me to where I could find such information for myself. I'm not very good at using forums...

We're about a week into season 27. End date TBD whenever they're ready to release patch 2.0.
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
To add to previous comment, seasons usually last around 3 months but it is unknown if this season will be longer due to 2.0 development.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
How long of duration can you get on Amazon innate bloodlust if you don't take bachnallia? It's longer duration isn't it?
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Semigloss wrote:How long of duration can you get on Amazon innate bloodlust if you don't take bachnallia? It's longer duration isn't it?

Don't know the correct answer as I only have a 44-lvl amazon and duration is already 108-secs.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1444 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Semigloss wrote:How long of duration can you get on Amazon innate bloodlust if you don't take bachnallia? It's longer duration isn't it?

Only buffs that have a cooldown dont scale with buff duration to prevent them buffs with cd having 100% uptime, so yes, it scales with buff duration, if thats what your question was.
Edited by Istaryu 3 years.
Azenoth
Cultist
21 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
How does one finish the boss in the plane of pride? I got him to 1% but can't figure out how to finish him off.
altoiddealer
Djinn
532 | 36
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Azenoth wrote:How does one finish the boss in the plane of pride? I got him to 1% but can't figure out how to finish him off.

When his spawns attack, he takes damage.
There’s many different ways to survive their onslaught.
Personally, I beat him very easily using the full Edyrem set and just let his spawns beat on the Edyrem
StatusQuo
Fallen
1 | 0
New player here. Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but can anyone tell me why this mod isn't playing sound when I use it fullscreen? It's fine in windowed mode, but I am one of those people that can't stand playing in windowed mode. I managed to get the sound working for one session in fullscreen and changed no setting after that. However, the next time I booted up the game I was back to no sound again.

I've never had issues with D2 sound before so this is something completely foreign to me. I've tried updating sound drivers for my mobo, doing the D2 soundfix thing that I found while researching this phenomenon, and nothing seems to be working. I love the mod and want to continue playing, but the lack of sound is killing it for me. POD, PD2, Vanilla, all work just fine in fullscreen. It's only this mod that doesn't for some reason.