Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Dandy
Vampiress
38 | 1
kissofaries wrote:the main problem is maelstrom mark 5 so suxxxx

Yeah... Storm Crow definitely blows MKV out the water currently. I remember MKs being waayy more powerfull than it is now.
Witchwynd is crazy good damage wise, but the fact that it's heavily backloaded and difficult to land makes it mostly unusable outside of gimmicks.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
kissofaries wrote:the main problem is maelstrom mark 5 so suxxxx

Spam storm crows, problem solved.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
I'm leveling a throwsin right now. What I can say is that all survivability problems disappear after you get LoS from
Lily
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Deva wrote:Started Uldysian today, But after finished all mini bosses, when I came out of the portal to the final, Edyrems then started continuously being spawned. They fought each other and even not bother to attack me. However I couldn't find out the King bc of the crowd, no idea how to purify. I am curious it's a bug or just a feature something, since all uldysian videos on youtube I ever watched does not show anything look like this.

He was changed in the latest patch.

Unlike before where you could do him fairly straightforwardly with any class if you knew what you were doing, the current version has much more specific requirements. He still casts the 100% avoid shield on himself if there is any hostile unit close to him. So the only way to damage him is to clear the edyrems. Those edyrems hit super hard and fight each other, which is supposed to help you a little bit but in practice does not, because they cast sacred armour on themselves almost instantly. Also uldyssian is spawning those dudes at stupidly high pace, so at least 40% slow target is mandatory in my opinion.

So the way to do him is - one shot the edyrems with some skill that pierces through the crowd (really 1 shot, you need to clear them fast so you have time before his shield goes up with the next wave) or a large aoe trap that can be precast so the adds die as they spawn - barrage still rules here for example. Then when his shield is down purify and hit with a WDM attack. Once he is slowed with 40%+ it becomes a lot more manageable. Chase him around when he teleports and repeat the procedure.
Deva
Stone Warrior
34 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
suchbalance wrote:
Deva wrote:Started Uldysian today, But after finished all mini bosses, when I came out of the portal to the final, Edyrems then started continuously being spawned. They fought each other and even not bother to attack me. However I couldn't find out the King bc of the crowd, no idea how to purify. I am curious it's a bug or just a feature something, since all uldysian videos on youtube I ever watched does not show anything look like this.

He was changed in the latest patch.

Unlike before where you could do him fairly straightforwardly with any class if you knew what you were doing, the current version has much more specific requirements. He still casts the 100% avoid shield on himself if there is any hostile unit close to him. So the only way to damage him is to clear the edyrems. Those edyrems hit super hard and fight each other, which is supposed to help you a little bit but in practice does not, because they cast sacred armour on themselves almost instantly. Also uldyssian is spawning those dudes at stupidly high pace, so at least 40% slow target is mandatory in my opinion.

So the way to do him is - one shot the edyrems with some skill that pierces through the crowd (really 1 shot, you need to clear them fast so you have time before his shield goes up with the next wave) or a large aoe trap that can be precast so the adds die as they spawn - barrage still rules here for example. Then when his shield is down purify and hit with a WDM attack. Once he is slowed with 40%+ it becomes a lot more manageable. Chase him around when he teleports and repeat the procedure.

Lots of thanks for the helpful clarification, you are awesome!!!
But I aslo have a question,in case Uldy was purified and under OW state, when he reclaim his own shield, I wont be able to trigger OW anymore. Instead, I have to remove his shield again by the procedure, is it correct?
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Correct. You cannot reapply slow (lasts 30s) or OW (lasts 8s) when he has 100% avoid.
xeimaster08
Bone Archer
78 | 0
Where do barbs excel at?

Are they good for farming tran/dunc and fauzt? if so any good suggestion?
illusion
Gravedigger
188 | 10
Common Popularity Badge
isnt his shield flashing in cycles of less than 8 sec?
Dandy
Vampiress
38 | 1
xeimaster08 wrote:Where do barbs excel at?

Are they good for farming tran/dunc and fauzt? if so any good suggestion?

Barbs make for:
-: excellent summoners
-: excellent control/poison/proc characters
-: excellent tanks
-: excellent melee "in your face"
That's what easily achievable, even without much gear. Of course you can't do everything at the same time, and you can do much more with gimmicky gear setups.

He can reach absurd levels of defense, and is thus suitable for farming tran/dunc/fauzt.

I think the current flavour of "easy" barb to start with is the eagle/snake stance (you spread slow and poison with thunderslam and then you try to proc stuff), but I find hybrid summoners to be much more fun to play.
Enigma
Heretic
409 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Are there area's that are have 'quality' drop bias? As in, area's that are mroe likely to drop a demonhead than a preserved head for example. I've been looking for any sacred spangenhelm for so long and can't find one, I was starting to think i'm looking in the wrong places.