Discuss Median XL!
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I'm trying to figure it out where this entrance should lead, I did read docs few times and when I read about Duncraig which can be reached by one of two locations
Act 1: Subterranean Corridor - done
Act 1: Corrupted Abbey - no idea about this one, so I'm left with this one for below location, am I close. :oops: :mrgreen:

Or it is just a map showing an entrance when there is really nothing there :bounce:

Thank You

nemmate
Grubber
301 | 8
Talic wrote:I'm trying to figure it out where this entrance should lead, I did read docs few times and when I read about Duncraig which can be reached by one of two locations
Act 1: Subterranean Corridor - done
Act 1: Corrupted Abbey - no idea about this one, so I'm left with this one for below location, am I close. :oops: :mrgreen:

Or it is just a map showing an entrance when there is really nothing there :bounce:

Thank You

You need to go to north east. Don't bother with Buyard Cholik again, just go through the doors and you will find the entrance.
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
nemmate wrote:
► Show Spoiler

You need to go to north east. Don't bother with Buyard Cholik again, just go through the doors and you will find the entrance.

I know about that entrance, but for some reason I was curious why I can't pass through this "open door", and the way it was marked on the map, I just thought maybe it is an entrance for sth :mrgreen:

Everything good, thanks anways. :P
Victor
Cog
247 | 37
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Is there a Barbarian build which is pure physical and utilizes a 2-handed weapon like its vanilla D2 counterpart?

I’ve browsed some guides including Aerial’s popular 2H thread but confused due to some posts directing to Ancient’s Hand or Stormblast builds.
Thecursedpit
Skeleton
2 | 0
Recently picked up median xl and was trying to make the Pharaoh runeword in a 3 socketed shield.
From what I understood, you can first insert 2 gems in the shield and then add the sol rune creating the runeword, correct?
Cause I've got a normal, socketed shield, did all of that but it doesn't create the runeword. Is it bugged or am I missing something?
TTraw
Bone Archer
73 | 7
Thecursedpit wrote:Recently picked up median xl and was trying to make the Pharaoh runeword in a 3 socketed shield.
From what I understood, you can first insert 2 gems in the shield and then add the sol rune creating the runeword, correct?
Cause I've got a normal, socketed shield, did all of that but it doesn't create the runeword. Is it bugged or am I missing something?

Jewels, not gems. Jewels are the ones with random stats.
Thecursedpit
Skeleton
2 | 0
Got ya, thanks!!
altoiddealer
Djinn
532 | 36
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Victor wrote:Is there a Barbarian build which is pure physical and utilizes a 2-handed weapon like its vanilla D2 counterpart?

I’ve browsed some guides including Aerial’s popular 2H thread but confused due to some posts directing to Ancient’s Hand or Stormblast builds.

I jumped into MXL after a ~15yr hiatus of any JRPG including D2, and followed his guide to a “T” which got me through most 120 ubers without much trouble. If you’re already past all that and looking to switch builds, then maybe someone can help clarify or you can read deeper into the thread. Otherwise, I recommend just following the guide, it will get you far with plenty of time to figure out next steps.
xi_cyrus_ix
Imp
5 | 0
Istaryu wrote:
xi_cyrus_ix wrote:
demoner wrote:
xi_cyrus_ix wrote:
Semigloss wrote:
xi_cyrus_ix wrote:One can die 456 times to the same boss' one-shotters and still win eventually. Seems counter-intuitive to spend that many hours developing such an easily circumvented formula....

This is pretty much softcore mode in any rpg game? Plus there's lockout timers on some bosses now. You could always play hardcore.

I agree - but one only plays hardcore in a game that has a fair difficulty level.

I personally think this is the reason why the hardcore community has such a small following -- hours of one's life lost on epeen one-hitters isn't worth it.

I'm not saying it's a bad game -- quite the contrary. It's simply a game one should take only so seriously. Otherwise, the insta-deaths and random auto-kills wouldn't be as comical. ;)

I mean - fighting random monsters only to stumble upon a random (non-boss) monster that destroys is kind of the epitomy of lazy, artificial difficult.

I guess though - this is why Laz makes a living off this kind of stuff now, but the rest not so much. Perhaps someone needs to study a page out of his book. Quality results in financial success - not epeen;) .

Oh and inb4 banned because I hit a nerve. If that nerve hurts that much, maybe it's time to learn and you, too may one day be a financial success like the original creator :D

Hardcore in these types of games is almost always made up of a small percentage of the playerbase. Hardcore players usually tend to fall into one of two camps: those that wish to challenge themselves to tackle the game in it's entirety at the highest stakes, and those that are so good they want to show off.

I never got the whole "artificial difficulty" arguement. Is requiring maxed resists to get through hell artificial? Is having high physical res and high life pool extremely beneficial to get through Fautz? What about having many bosses with specific mechanics that are required to learn to beat them? I think that's just difficulty.

IMO artificial is when it's just damage soak for the sake of it. This game has gear progression, and if you're getting one shotted by normal mobs you need to figure out why, and then apply the solution. Typically it's just more health, higher max resists, defense, summons or mechanical play that will get you to the next level.

----------

To be fair, there were far more hardcore players in D2 vs this game. Logic suggests that it's because this game relies far too much on the "ticking time-bomb" strategy for difficulty.

When one already has max resists, 9k life, all tier 4 uniques specific to their build (Yes, I know to farm Naithalak or whatever his name is) and dies to a random type of monster in nightmare while demolishing the rest of random monsters, you have a difficulty imbalance that is presumably allowed to remain in existence for all of these patches because it strokes certain egos.

This type of artificial difficulty is why games like ESO failed miserably. This is why games like POE decided they need to tone it down a bit because cheap, epeen/ego boosting cheap shots are not the way to retain a player base. Diablo 3 learned this lesson as well very quickly.

Again, I am not hating on anyone's work -- I still play, I just know how serious to take the game (which is very, very little) and laugh at the cheese when it occurs. Who doesn't love a good comedy? :D

It just seems very clear to me that the NEW devs after Laz left got in over their heads, made way too many open-ended-OP possibilities and simply OPed certain things to compensate. I get they are doing this for free, so, if that's what they think works so be it.

Honestly? I don't care if I die 456 times to a boss -- it's not my work cheapened by said workarounds when it shouldn't be that way from the start. It's funny, honestly :D

There's a reason this mod has less average players than the rest. It speaks volumes on it's own

Let's adress a few points here:

1, HC has always been a thing for experienced players. If you dont have experience with the mod, dont play hc. I consider myself above the average player, I can get up to 120 on pretty much any build without dying and trying hard. If you die to a random elite mob in nightmare, its not the game's fault, its your fault, for not knowing how to deal with it.

2, There is a mechanic that prevents you from corpserunning bosses: lockout. If you die after the timer runs out, you cant go back if you die.

3, All oneshot mechanics were removed from the game with sigma, and the ones that remain are very well telegraphed and delayed. If you die to them, it is again your fault, and not the game's. For example, Diablo's flamestrike.

4, If you think Laz's versions were better, and the "new devs after Laz" made it worse, you cant be more wrong. Laz's versions were littered with oneshots, they were everywhere, and ubers were EXTREMELY difficult. 'member old ureh, or belial, anyone? There way a mechanic called heroic shield, which gave the boss random resists which changed like every 2 seconds. You had to wait until you got lucky and have the resist to your element drop below 100 so you could 1shot the boss, and you could only survive for only a few seconds before you died. Now, that was literally coprserunning, that was most of the endgame there.

5, This mod is one of the most popular mods out there, i have no idea where you got the assumption that it has less players than the rest. There are still 2k players logging in every day on average, how many mods can say that? Maybe project diablo 2, and thats it. SOURCE

"I consider myself above the average player"

You immediately lost me here - this is a video game. Elitist attitudes like that are far better used elsewhere and that's your personal opinion only.

In addition, those that are in charge here don't take too kindly to criticism when said criticism can't be refuted and egos get a little too flustered. Witnessed it before on other threads, so, we'll just leave this one here.

Lastly, regarding the player count - get back to me in 2 months when the new season isn't fresh. 2k is literally peanuts when you compare new seasons here to other new seasons.

Have fun reporting me for disagreeing with you :)
Darkstorn
Rust Claw
87 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
xi_cyrus_ix wrote:
Have fun reporting me for disagreeing with you :)

Aye, they do ban ppl here for having own sentence. I still belive they are members of Law&Justice from Poland, tho they cover themselves under the mask here . . .