Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Immortal2563 wrote:They have an MANDATORY to make the characters compatible with 1.8 in 2.0. Man is not playing for years to lose it now because they do not want to. Anyway, have you ever seen a game to make a man lose several years of progress after the patch? Then you should go to the competition and consumer protection agencies and then to the supreme court, they would put them in order quickly. And their translation does not take note of. After bete they demanded 20 euros so they are done.

Many changes in 2.0 are deep-rooted enough that, as a consequence, previous characters will become incompatibile. So we either move forward and improve or we stale in the past and eventually fade; there is not a hard choice there to make if you ask me... moreover players have been informed of the incompatibility situation as soon as the development team saw its inevitability.
Regarding the beta, we didn't demand anything from anybody. As it was done with the 1.8 beta we decided to thank our 3+ months patreon subscribers for their support with access to the 2.0 beta and, since many would have loved to partecipate but hadn't known the criteria in time, under heavy suggestions it has been decided for the first time to give all players the opportunity to instantly access the beta with a higher patreon tier as to not disrespect longer time subscribers (btw it's 20$ not 20€ https://www.patreon.com/medianxl ).
I'm not sure in what world you are living in or how much entitled you have to be to confuse an opportunity with a malevolent intent, but one thing is for sure: you're looking at the wrong project to match your insinuations.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
RequiemLux wrote:...

Since you're already here... I just scrolled down a bit on your patreon page. Found out about the upcoming changes to mystic orbs (don't know if it's intended that everyone can read about that even without a patreon account or not).

I usually buy multiple sets of mystic orbs at the same time, applying up to 10 mystic orbs, somtimes even 15 at once. Using the shortcuts it takes less than 5 seconds to put the mystic orbs on the item. It works well and fast for me, because I'm really no good at anything that requires aiming. With the change to how mystic orb are applied, wouldn't that take much longer since you have to move your mouse back and forth 10-15 times as in my example? Will be ability to just cube them still be given or will the new way to apply them be the only one?
Crosby4HyG
Core Lord
395 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Just to be clear to everyone, I fully understand and appreciate the need for a realm wipe to accommodate 2.0. I never suggested otherwise. My question was strictly related to the importing of TSW chars in 1.8 over to SP for a TG fee. I believe this is a feature that was once offered, I'm simply asking if it's possible again.

The SP chars would be in the 1.8 version only, and this version would of course no longer be supported. Having a separate install folder for an older version of median on SP should be possible while still playing 2.0 online, someone more knowledgeable please correct me if this isn't the case.
Chance
Grubber
323 | 3
This is so bad! I play non-ladder just to be ladder, so unfair!
blatkill
Core Lord
388 | 32
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Crosby4HyG wrote:Just to be clear to everyone, I fully understand and appreciate the need for a realm wipe to accommodate 2.0. I never suggested otherwise. My question was strictly related to the importing of TSW chars in 1.8 over to SP for a TG fee. I believe this is a feature that was once offered, I'm simply asking if it's possible again.

The SP chars would be in the 1.8 version only, and this version would of course no longer be supported. Having a separate install folder for an older version of median on SP should be possible while still playing 2.0 online, someone more knowledgeable please correct me if this isn't the case.

+1
I'll appreciate the opportunity to save 1.8 d2s file from our realm character
marco311
Grubber
341 | 5
Poison duration reduction from Bosses?
I cannot find anything about... I just noticed that on a 6s duration (arachnomancy) at some bosses poison lasts about 3s (kabraxis), at others is almost istant (lab 12 navigator)...
Is there a reduction in duration proportional to the pierce required? It seems that "ticks" are not 1 each s... so if u have 300k poison each 3s, u don't do "3" ticks but there's more, something in the order of 6? Even with mobs, u don't see tick1, tick2, tick3, just the life that keeps lowering...
Is there any source of information about what kind of dmg is present at each boss? I mean I think Void minions summoining from Lilith is fire, then there's poison and Inarius does mostly cold, so nothing lighting related?
cletyan
Bone Archer
72 | 0
When the new season start ?,, My friend and I wanna grind for next upcoming season thanks for the answer
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
marco311 wrote:Poison duration reduction from Bosses?
I cannot find anything about... I just noticed that on a 6s duration (arachnomancy) at some bosses poison lasts about 3s (kabraxis), at others is almost istant (lab 12 navigator)...
Is there a reduction in duration proportional to the pierce required? It seems that "ticks" are not 1 each s... so if u have 300k poison each 3s, u don't do "3" ticks but there's more, something in the order of 6? Even with mobs, u don't see tick1, tick2, tick3, just the life that keeps lowering...

AFAIK yes, different enemies have different "Poison Length Reduced By" and poison pierce also reduces that as well (making your poison length longer).

Poison damage is done every frame (25 times per second). 300k poison over 3s is applied as 4k per frame (100k per second).

cletyan wrote:When the new season start ?,, My friend and I wanna grind for next upcoming season thanks for the answer

No announcement yet, but 2.0 is in beta so I'd expect it in the next few weeks.
Chance
Grubber
323 | 3
Does attack rating and FHR work on mercenaries?
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Chance wrote:Does attack rating and FHR work on mercenaries?

Yes to both.