Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
TheFlash91
Lava Lord
99 | 1
Diaco wrote:
TheFlash91 wrote:Hello guys.What do i need for Shuriken Flurry , atack speed or cast speed ?

Cast. It's a spell

thanks
Diabloevenger
Monkey King
285 | 0
Bljadzon wrote:
Diabloevenger wrote:Can whirlwind work off leech or is it loh only?

It, as a physical damage skill dealing weapon damage from an endless stream of attacks, benefits from LoA, LoS and lifeleech - if you go for a physical build of course. If you go poison or elemental, it's LoA (and LoS if you don't use elemental base), leech with low physical will be miserable.

I'm thinking ww relic on nagasin, in phys setup
Sfp4
Pit Knight
103 | 12
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
What is the best class for a voidstar despondence build? I know its between druid/paladin.
GW_24
Cultist
24 | 0
Looking for some guidance on dealing with etherborns. I just made it to Scosglen and I can handle everything else,but ethers drop me in seconds. Unholy caster pally with 83 all res. I know I need more pierce but any survivability tips?
Crosby4HyG
Core Lord
395 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
GW_24 wrote:Looking for some guidance on dealing with etherborns. I just made it to Scosglen and I can handle everything else,but ethers drop me in seconds. Unholy caster pally with 83 all res. I know I need more pierce but any survivability tips?

More max res should help, P gems are probably your best bet. May need to spec with more vit for farming there as well.
Cat_IED
Vampiress
39 | 10
GW_24 wrote:Looking for some guidance on dealing with etherborns. I just made it to Scosglen and I can handle everything else,but ethers drop me in seconds. Unholy caster pally with 83 all res. I know I need more pierce but any survivability tips?

Not terribly applicable for your build as you are a caster, but maybe worth noting for future application. Their AI is similar to Quov Tsin. They displace via teleport if you stick to them aggressively, albeit not quite as much. This cuts their output dramatically. With Etherborn, sometimes entirely preventing attacks. Seriously. Quick CD teleports like blink and BtS along with sprinting onto them basically. The attacks that get through can potentially be leeched/life on kill through by focusing the trash while doing so. Depends on how much trash is around and your clear rate.

It's enough to allow me to survive them with a mere 79-80 max res and 12k HP on a BS necro. Only problem is user error may result in trouble with this tech. I can shut down one and tank a second like this.

Universal tech -

If that's not possible, separate them from each other and other crap first. Bait and clear. Patience is OP. Then when they are mostly alone you can wait for the beam/spray attack. This one can be circle strafed at moderate distance with enough time for single ranged attacks without getting hit. Back off if they do other stuff and fish for this one. Teleporting into range increases probability of this attack it seems. The other attacks are favored at their max engagement range while the beam triggers in close. At least best I can tell. Pretty sure it's weighted rather than absolute triggers.

Their blizzard like spell can just be retreated from before it does anything usually. Might as well back off when it happens. It seems to have a start up delay which could cause a false sense of security. It hurts if you let it.

They should be manageable at 83 res with deliberate play. It won't be as quick though you should live. Their stuff is mostly dodgeable.

I don't know your gear though obviously more max res is better. If it's coming from gems you could swap them all to lightning res and just run like hell from the cold attacks. Poison and fire aren't too serious in Scos. They can be sacrificed temporarily. If a druid calls for them it's not like a town portal, 15 seconds, and a few disjunction oils are a world ending ordeal. A little cheese makes the Median go down.

Witch hunters hood is cheap and passable for just about every char ever made in the last roughly 15 years as well. I keep one in the bag to equip temporarily on demand with most chars since the mid letter series of Median. Why not afterall. It can give 2 general and net 6 specific max res on a flexible slot while being otherwise OK enough.

TLDR: specialize your max res for the zone until you can get the OP gear lined up. It's ok to abuse alternate gear, backpacks can do more than hold loot. It's probably ok to sacrifice damage in that process. If sticking to them like a glue trap doesn't work on your build just separate, bait, and patiently grind them down. Circle strafe the spray at mid range. The blizzard thing is mere area denial. Don't just stand and trade.

If generalizations don't help you might have to provide gear info.

Play around with a lone one for 5 minutes. Learn the AI. Chances are decent you can squeak by with what you have.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Do assassin bats from Batstrike benefit from any minions stats anymore? I notice minion stats have been removed from all assassin equipment (not that there was much before 2.0).
Victor
Cog
247 | 37
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Semigloss wrote:Do assassin bats from Batstrike benefit from any minions stats anymore? I notice minion stats have been removed from all assassin equipment (not that there was much before 2.0).

They do, good news is minion damage is not mandatory.
Most end game gear for assassin lacks minion stats as you said, so MOs and +minion stat jewels will help.

Goetia Plate
Goetia Plate
Full Plate Mail (Sacred)

Defense: (8467 - 9339) to (10376 - 11445)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 700
Item Level: 120
+3 to All Skills
+1 to Maximum Necromancer Minions
+(151 to 200)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(51 to 75)% to Summoned Minion Damage
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+150 Life Regenerated per Second
+750 to Life
+375 to Mana
-4 to Light Radius
Socketed (6)
is great with +3 skills and huge minion life if you get one.
eurekaaaa
Void Archon
877 | 5
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Just a quick question about Whisper of the Damned drops .... Do these drop in all acts of the game? Or are there certain zones that have a drop bias towards them?

Thanks MXL Community!
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1220 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
eurekaaaa wrote:Just a quick question about Whisper of the Damned drops .... Do these drop in all acts of the game? Or are there certain zones that have a drop bias towards them?

Thanks MXL Community!

Everywhere in Hell difficulty. I don't think there's a bias, which means the best way to farm them is high density areas like Vizjun