Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
typhoonballoon
Invader
8 | 0
I just noticed that cascade for bow druid is a spell. Do I go all in on cascade with fire dmg & fire dmg MOs?
asfsajkl
Stone Warrior
33 | 0
can you restore restitution uniques that have been corrupted?
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
185 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
physics wrote:
CorralTheTroops wrote:On many of the HC barbs that I see on the ladder, I'm noticing that people take the endurance mastery, however this seems just completely worse in every regard than just taking points into ancient blood. Can someone explain the reasoning to me?

1% hp per point vs. 0.5% hp per point

I blatantly misread the stats on that.
dasdaadaa
Pit Knight
119 | 1
Why can't I put point in Pinnacle (Assassin)? It's red
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
Bone Cimes bases its bonus on your offense bonus against Undead and Deamons right? The same charm on a character with full gear and on mule gives 18% cold and poison damage. So how does it work?
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
(posts moved in from bugs & feedback to short questions)

Immortal2563 wrote:Bone Cimes bases its bonus on your offense bonus against Undead and Deamons right? The same charm on a character with full gear and on mule gives 18% cold and poison damage. So how does it work?

It doesn't give you 18% spell damage, it gives you 18% of your total damage to undead and demons as spell damage. The charm does not tell you how much it's currently adding.

Immortal2563 wrote:Why is it impossible to corrupt the runeword? It was the same last season. What is it a sacred runeword?

You cannot corrupt a runeword made in a tier 1-4 base, only a sacred base.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
typhoonballoon wrote:I just noticed that cascade for bow druid is a spell. Do I go all in on cascade with fire dmg & fire dmg MOs?

Cascade does not benefit from spell damage. Tooltip and page 1 of the character sheet lie and include spell damage on any elemental damage you do, but it doesn't actually work.

dasdaadaa wrote:Why can't I put point in Pinnacle (Assassin)? It's red

Do you have 1 point in everything else in the tree?

asfsajkl wrote:can you restore restitution uniques that have been corrupted?

Yes.

Azyel wrote:Is there % cap for deadly strike?

100%

Zaraki wrote:Where can I find the most recent Amazon breakpoints? With reworked Hammerzon, I'm not sure whether the speedcalc is accurate anymore.

Speedcalc is accurate for attack, cast, and hit recovery.
For block speed, look at dagger or javelin.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Question about witch fight here. Why the fawk is it so hard ?

I can do Uldyssian, Void, Invasion 3, Teganze's spirit boss and run Scosglen at a decent pace. I have around 150% fire pierce on my fire sorceress.

I deal so little damage to her. That thing is a lvl 125 boss, shouldn't give me that many issues. I feel like I'm missing something here. It just keeps on healing, didn't actually figure exactly how. I know that hp is vital and magic resistance is pointless. My hp is kinda low, but real issue is damage, I don't die if I don't play stupidly.

Perhaps slowing her will help increase taken damage between her teleports ? Even there, I have a fire caster sorceress. I have a wyrd ring. I could try adding slow with wyrd with a switch weapon maybe. Any pointers for this fight ?
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
Siosilvar wrote:(posts moved in from bugs & feedback to short questions)

Immortal2563 wrote:Bone Cimes bases its bonus on your offense bonus against Undead and Deamons right? The same charm on a character with full gear and on mule gives 18% cold and poison damage. So how does it work?

It doesn't give you 18% spell damage, it gives you 18% of your total damage to undead and demons as spell damage. The charm does not tell you how much it's currently adding.

Immortal2563 wrote:Why is it impossible to corrupt the runeword? It was the same last season. What is it a sacred runeword?

You cannot corrupt a runeword made in a tier 1-4 base, only a sacred base.

1) Thanks for the explanation. now I understand.
2) My both rune words are sacred. Helgrotha and Venefica

I did a few pieces of RW because I changed the whole setup and none of it could be corrupted. Maybe Oil forgot the nave that gives 10% spell damage, or if an item is upg, some blockage occurs. When thrown into the cube together with the shard, the items only change places.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Immortal2563 wrote:1) Thanks for the explanation. now I understand.
2) My both rune words are sacred. Helgrotha and Venefica

I did a few pieces of RW because I changed the whole setup and none of it could be corrupted. Maybe Oil forgot the nave that gives 10% spell damage, or if an item is upg, some blockage occurs. When thrown into the cube together with the shard, the items only change places.

Are these SP or nonladder runewords? When were they created? If they were imported from 2.1 or 2.0, they won't work - but you might be able to unsocket & remake them because of the specific way that was implemented.

Also, just to double check, you're using an entire crystal (5 shards), not just a single shard?