Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
roceteo242 wrote:What is movement penalty? How is it working/calculating? Is it better to use light plate for rw?

try equiping ancient armor and the penalty will show in d2 stats but yes light plate is better in terms of movement speed
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Always use light plate. Minor def loss doesn't matter much, but velocity loss is a huge gimmick now that game has slowed down globally.
roceteo242
Vampiress
35 | 2
Why i can't use sigil on rw? I even tried to add all my stat points in case of similar mechanic to regular orbs, when You can't add more than Your actual lvl.
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
Sigil does not work with RWs.
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
185 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Guys how is limpet laser working now? Does it work like it used to work before (inheriting player caster stats) or does it work with new trap mechanics and get literally 0 elemental pierce on tree?
Trapsin seems really bad in mid-late game, and I remember limpet laser being really strong.
Is there any guide for the skill in post 2.0?

Also is limpet unaffected by catalyst trap now?
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
CorralTheTroops wrote:Guys how is limpet laser working now? Does it work like it used to work before (inheriting player caster stats) or does it work with new trap mechanics and get literally 0 elemental pierce on tree?
Trapsin seems really bad in mid-late game, and I remember limpet laser being really strong.

Limpet now has nothing to do with traps, and work like a normal cold spell. It's 2 quirks is that it get more mine per slvl, giving 4 mines at lvl 60 and 3 at 40 (then you add the +1 mines from
Banner of Bitter Winds
Banner of Bitter Winds
Bladed Shield (Sacred)

Defense: (1672 - 2035) to (1996 - 2430)
Chance to Block: 4%
(Assassin Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 550
Item Level: 105
Limpet Laser: +1 Projectile
+1% Cold Spell Damage For Each Skill Level of Your Ways Passives
+(3 to 4) to Assassin Skill Levels
-(10 to 20)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(15 to 25)% to Summoned Minion Resistances
+(130 to 180)% Enhanced Defense
Maximum Cold Resist +(1 to 2)%
Physical Resist 5%
Cannot Be Frozen
Socketed (6)
and the relic). The other is that for some reasons it works with melee devotion and anathema, making the build pretty tanky if you only use limpet.

It's pretty strong currently but suffer from how much it multihit (teleporting bosses at best start to dance around the screen, at worst goes whenever then want), and also of course that it's very dependent of the layout. So some bosses are literally impossible (riftwalker III), some near impossible/very unsuited (atanna, for some reasons the walls are further than the unwalkable terrain. And anyway she teleport and tank too much), but I kinda had it working pretty well for Giyua and Uldy.

Also the layout thing make it pretty random in labs, I could destroy T7 without issues due to how narrow it is (and that the skill shoot beyond the funny doors), which is very nice due to how horrible T7 is for many builds, but I couldn't do T8s at all.
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
185 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Lynderika wrote:
CorralTheTroops wrote:Guys how is limpet laser working now? Does it work like it used to work before (inheriting player caster stats) or does it work with new trap mechanics and get literally 0 elemental pierce on tree?

Limpet now has nothing to do with traps, and work like a normal cold spell. It's 2 quirks is that it get more mine per slvl, giving 4 mines at lvl 60 and 3 at 40 (then you add the +1 mines from
Banner of Bitter Winds
Banner of Bitter Winds
Bladed Shield (Sacred)

Defense: (1672 - 2035) to (1996 - 2430)
Chance to Block: 4%
(Assassin Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 550
Item Level: 105
Limpet Laser: +1 Projectile
+1% Cold Spell Damage For Each Skill Level of Your Ways Passives
+(3 to 4) to Assassin Skill Levels
-(10 to 20)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(15 to 25)% to Summoned Minion Resistances
+(130 to 180)% Enhanced Defense
Maximum Cold Resist +(1 to 2)%
Physical Resist 5%
Cannot Be Frozen
Socketed (6)
and the relic). The other is that for some reasons it works with melee devotion and anathema, making the build pretty tanky if you only use limpet.

It's pretty strong currently but suffer from how much it multihit (teleporting bosses at best start to dance around the screen, at worst goes whenever then want), and also of course that it's very dependent of the layout. So some bosses are literally impossible (riftwalker III), some near impossible/very unsuited (atanna, for some reasons the walls are further than the unwalkable terrain. And anyway she teleport and tank too much), but I kinda had it working pretty well for Giyua and Uldy.

Also the layout thing make it pretty random in labs, I could destroy T7 without issues due to how narrow it is (and that the skill shoot beyond the funny doors), which is very nice due to how horrible T7 is for many builds, but I couldn't do T8s at all.

I see tyvvm :D
It's always been kind of niche skill, but since labs got streamlined, I guess she really needs the correct maps to do well.
galaxyed
Destroyer
6 | 0
i'm have a Bowazon with athualua wrath. "1% Chance to cast level 6 Life Spark on Striking" seem like nothing when i dont recived any healing from that. what is going on? bug? or this removed?
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Is there something with a drop bias towards unique mystic orbs ?

Need 3 for Scosglen charm and I got none in my singleplayer playthrough.
Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Johnny Impak wrote:Is there something with a drop bias towards unique mystic orbs ?

Need 3 for Scosglen charm and I got none in my singleplayer playthrough.

Yeah Phobos in lab drops them