Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
You wanna play a twinked char that relies on RWs mostly? Hmm, bowdruid?
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Stealthmaster wrote:You wanna play a twinked char that relies on RWs mostly? Hmm, bowdruid?

Yes, and would love it to have lots of procs, but at the same time packs a punch. Melee Necro also seems like a viable option. Together with Lazydin, but Lazydin is mostly good in MP, not in SP, it lacks The Creep :(
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Muilpeer wrote:Lazydin is mostly good in MP, not in SP, it lacks The Creep :(
what ? :D what lazy build are you talking about ?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Muilpeer wrote:Alright, I have gotten back my old chars from last year. This means I have access to a lot of elemental runes and all the Fauzt and Toraja runes. Didn't want to play my old chars so I'm starting new ones.

Now I'm looking for an SP build that is godly and uses mainly runewords and procs to succeed.

What would be the best option? The guides section isn't as rich as it used to be, I've been trying to make some builds myself but didn't succeed.

GG Caster Sin. Low gear requirements because defense is automatically set to zero with Tiefling form. Relies on "when struck" procs from scepter and belt (see following gear in docs), super high energy factor and %energy bonuses, and can stack cold spell to boost limpet laser, as fire damage from procs should be pretty high with the energy/energy factor, not to mention phase bomb will remove immunities as well.

make sure you prepare jewels properly. Zod-craft energy factor jewels, FCR/FHR, 6% spell damage to fire or cold, whichever you think you need more depending on how quickly limpet laser is killing (if it kills well enough, you can drop more fire spell dmg to boost procs)

Gear:
► Show Spoiler

That is.. if you're looking for a twinked character using expensive runewords, that could be a strong one :D

Edits:
► Show Spoiler
Edited by Crash 7 years.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ChuckNoRis wrote:

https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1970
Sh00p
Destroyer
6 | 0
I got the itch to play again a few days ago and was having a ton of trouble installing. I reinstalled a few times and even dled the 1.13c patch putting that in my d2 folder, I also never connected to bnet. I kept getting three or four errors every time I tried loading a character, I can load the game, see the main page, even name my character but every time I try to enter the game I get errors.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
LHawkins1 wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote:

well that makes sence . he can try an actual lazy build in the SP compilation . that link is actualy a half caster , nowhere near a lazy paladin
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
ChuckNoRis wrote:
LHawkins1 wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote:

well that makes sence . he can try an actual lazy build in the SP compilation . that link is actualy a half caster , nowhere near a lazy paladin

However, the Creep is really what you want. The Creep <3 But yeh, SP.... :-X

LHawkins1 wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:Alright, I have gotten back my old chars from last year. This means I have access to a lot of elemental runes and all the Fauzt and Toraja runes. Didn't want to play my old chars so I'm starting new ones.

Now I'm looking for an SP build that is godly and uses mainly runewords and procs to succeed.

What would be the best option? The guides section isn't as rich as it used to be, I've been trying to make some builds myself but didn't succeed.

GG Caster Sin. Low gear requirements because defense is automatically set to zero with Tiefling form. Relies on "when struck" procs from scepter and belt (see following gear in docs), super high energy factor and %energy bonuses, and can stack cold spell to boost limpet laser, as fire damage from procs should be pretty high with the energy/energy factor, not to mention phase bomb will remove immunities as well.

make sure you prepare jewels properly. Zod-craft energy factor jewels, FCR/FHR, 6% spell damage to fire or cold, whichever you think you need more depending on how quickly limpet laser is killing (if it kills well enough, you can drop more fire spell dmg to boost procs)

Gear:
► Show Spoiler

That is.. if you're looking for a twinked character using expensive runewords, that could be a strong one :D

Edits:
► Show Spoiler

Thanks for this, it's VERY helpful. I will see if I can get all this together. I have had a lot of bad luck with Sin and phase bomb. Maybe one more try with superexpensive gear will work hahaha. If no worky, throw money.
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Sh00p wrote:I got the itch to play again a few days ago and was having a ton of trouble installing. I reinstalled a few times and even dled the 1.13c patch putting that in my d2 folder, I also never connected to bnet. I kept getting three or four errors every time I tried loading a character, I can load the game, see the main page, even name my character but every time I try to enter the game I get errors.

I m assuming u r trying to play on sp. If so, try to use a blank PlugY file (if u r using it), ur error sounds like some item problem. Also make sure u r running game in winXP compatibility.

But we need more info. Maybe a pic of the error? Did u had 1.14 and then downgraded from it to 1.13 or did u directly installed 1.13c? What OS?
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
Sh00p
Destroyer
6 | 0
Rishab wrote:
Sh00p wrote:I got the itch to play again a few days ago and was having a ton of trouble installing. I reinstalled a few times and even dled the 1.13c patch putting that in my d2 folder, I also never connected to bnet. I kept getting three or four errors every time I tried loading a character, I can load the game, see the main page, even name my character but every time I try to enter the game I get errors.

I m assuming u r trying to play on sp. If so, try to use a blank PlugY file (if u r using it), ur error sounds like some item problem. Also make sure u r running game in winXP compatibility.

But we need more info. Maybe a pic of the error? Did u had 1.14 and then downgraded from it to 1.13 or did u directly installed 1.13c? What OS?

No I've never played on realm im barely good enough for single player.

All clients are running under xp3 compatibility mode.

I was reading through the installation forums today and they weren't much help, I think my problem is I'm not sure what to do with or where to put the 1.13c patch folder/file once I get it [even the d2se/d2multires video isnt clear about this.] Do I just let it sit in the diablo folder or run it?

Also while I was tinkering with it I noticed my d2vidtest wasn't loading even though on d2se everything seemed to be working fine [green disk icon instead of red], I could even load up and play my version of classic lod with it. Crazy.