Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
how do i know if spell damage or max damage bonus.. or enhanced damage or spell factor..+ will apply to a particular attack/skill?? ? the +fire cold posion is straight forward but beyond that how do i know iof poison cloud is purely poison /physical opr elemental fire /phiscal or is it fire/spell?? etcetc???
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
is there a place i can find out what catragories each skill fits?
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
bradr wrote:how do i know if spell damage or max damage bonus.. or enhanced damage or spell factor..+ will apply to a particular attack/skill?? ? the +fire cold posion is straight forward but beyond that how do i know iof poison cloud is purely poison /physical opr elemental fire /phiscal or is it fire/spell?? etcetc???

if the skill shows a flat damage ( XX-YY ) it's a spell, if it shows X/Y damage it means damage is based on your weapon
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
kk ty so given that all my attacks show as X-y .. instead of investing in + to poison and +too cold and + to fire.. wouldnt it be more economical ooverall effective to sockt + spell factor and +spell damage as those would effect all of the other catagories??
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
well spell damage is obviously more powerful since to applies to any spell, however keep in mind energy factor to spell damage is only useful if you are fully specced into energy
hahaboy718
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
trying out a poison/ice sorc. any tips would be appreciated. going cos as main attack, was thinking hailstorm as oskill for immunes/bosskill. thanks!
Wulf
Onyx Knight
647 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
hahaboy718 wrote:trying out a poison/ice sorc. any tips would be appreciated. going cos as main attack, was thinking hailstorm as oskill for immunes/bosskill. thanks!

the point of an oskill is to get a type of dmg that your build is lacking. going hailstorm on a cold sorc is counterproductive really.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
Gekko64 wrote:well spell damage is obviously more powerful since to applies to any spell, however keep in mind energy factor to spell damage is only useful if you are fully specced into energy

oh yeah only points to str for equip mins all other points in energy
Icegod101
Djinn
534 | 17
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Wulf wrote:
hahaboy718 wrote:trying out a poison/ice sorc. any tips would be appreciated. going cos as main attack, was thinking hailstorm as oskill for immunes/bosskill. thanks!

the point of an oskill is to get a type of dmg that your build is lacking. going hailstorm on a cold sorc is counterproductive really.

If anything, you should get a fire or lightning oskill for pois/cold
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Wulf wrote:

Not necessarily. Cold has ice eles and a good passive skill. Maybe he's unfamiliar with abyss or doesn't like the mechanics of it. Nothing wrong with getting a hailstorm amulet to go with all the cold spell damage he could be getting.

Lorenado might be a better bet as main skill by the way. CoS is slow to spread damage in relation to lorenado, plus CoS won't poison the target, just whatever the spiders crawl to.