Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
jespence
Stone Warrior
30 | 2
1) How much damage does spike nova do?
2) do procs like arrow, or time strike also receive elemental damage say from Dragon lore or Dragonfire oil, or just physical wdm?
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
1) 1/2

2) Yes. Just know that added elemental damage is multiplied by the weapon damage modifier of the proc itself. So spike nova only adds half of any flat elemental damages from gear/skills/charms.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
How did Soul of Pride kill me on the Gluttony map?

Milkshake
Abomination
142 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
When I attempt to inject D2MR, it freezes the game and the application. What do? Yes, I've run as admin.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Milkshake wrote:When I attempt to inject D2MR, it freezes the game and the application. What do? Yes, I've run as admin.

Do you use windows 10?

If yes: Don't worry. Diablo 2 is too old and sometimes requires a little time to maximize it again. I have a ssd as my internal drive and it usually takes 1-2 minutes till I can get back into the game (clicking on it multiple times). That means if you don't have a ssd as your internal drive it may take up to 10 times longer.

If no: restart PC and try again. When I used win 7 it sometimes froze for no reason. Restarting the pc solved the problem though. If my feeling is correct it had something to do with median offline tools. Whenever I used those my game froze as soon as I tried using D2MR. (I'm not 100% sure since this only increased the chance but wasn't 100% of the time the cause of the freeze).
Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
also D2MR only works with version 1.13, It wont work if you're using a 1.14 client you'll need to downgrade.
Bardamu
Gravedigger
183 | 57
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
I got a Gravetalon. Suggestions for builds based on it and a shield to pair it with?
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Bardamu wrote:I got a Gravetalon. Suggestions for builds based on it and a shield to pair it with?

Poison sorc obviously, especially if you didn't choose cold tree. Can't instantly name a shield, which is good for such a build tho. Also cast rate gonna suck a lot.

Oh, and welcome back, mate. :)
Edited by Stealthmaster 7 years.
Bardamu
Gravedigger
183 | 57
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Thanks bro. Feelsgood to be back to Median, as always.
Milkshake
Abomination
142 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
HechtHeftig wrote:
Milkshake wrote:When I attempt to inject D2MR, it freezes the game and the application. What do? Yes, I've run as admin.

Do you use windows 10?

If yes: Don't worry. Diablo 2 is too old and sometimes requires a little time to maximize it again. I have a ssd as my internal drive and it usually takes 1-2 minutes till I can get back into the game (clicking on it multiple times). That means if you don't have a ssd as your internal drive it may take up to 10 times longer.

If no: restart PC and try again. When I used win 7 it sometimes froze for no reason. Restarting the pc solved the problem though. If my feeling is correct it had something to do with median offline tools. Whenever I used those my game froze as soon as I tried using D2MR. (I'm not 100% sure since this only increased the chance but wasn't 100% of the time the cause of the freeze).

I let it sit for 5-10 mins and still nothing. Both Diablo 2 and D2MR say not responding.

Also, what do you mean to maximize it again? If you mean the window, I'm running D2 in windowed mode.