Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
OdieCO
Invader
9 | 0
Siosilvar wrote:
OdieCO wrote:Thank you for the reply. I still dont understand what is the standard minion resistance. So at level 1 in normal game with no added minion resistance (from gear or skills) what is the default value?

I understand each difficulty reduces there resistance but I still dont know their orginal resistance values.

0/-50/-100 on normal/nightmare/hell
+15 per skill level up to +75
minion res stat is capped at 75

Where do the +15 resist per skill level up come from?
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
OdieCO wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:
OdieCO wrote:Thank you for the reply. I still dont understand what is the standard minion resistance. So at level 1 in normal game with no added minion resistance (from gear or skills) what is the default value?

I understand each difficulty reduces there resistance but I still dont know their orginal resistance values.

From the skill itself. It's just a hidden bonus.
Taem
Necrobot
2471 | 150
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
OdieCO wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:

viewtopic.php?p=442229

Scroll down to Minion Resistance. Simple.
OdieCO
Invader
9 | 0
Taem wrote:
OdieCO wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:

viewtopic.php?p=442229

Scroll down to Minion Resistance. Simple.

So this means if I have ten points invested in blood skeletons they will have 150% (I understand its capped at 75) resistance just from that alone?
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
OdieCO wrote:So this means if I have ten points invested in blood skeletons they will have 150% (I understand its capped at 75) resistance just from that alone?

They will have 75/25/-25 on normal/nightmare/hell at slvl 5 or higher. The skill level bonus is capped at +75, and then minion res is also capped at +75.

If you have some other aura that gives them resists (I think Champions of the Sun from
Eloi

Eloi
Amazon Shields

'ThulNefGul'
Runeword Level: 65
15% Attack Speed
+(15 to 25) to Champions of the Sun
+(6 to 8)% to Summoned Minion Damage
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
-25 to Energy
Cold Resist +25%
Physical Resist 10%
-5% to All Vendor Prices
or a relic are the only option right now), they can go higher still.
OdieCO
Invader
9 | 0
Siosilvar wrote:
OdieCO wrote:So this means if I have ten points invested in blood skeletons they will have 150% (I understand its capped at 75) resistance just from that alone?

They will have 75/25/-25 on normal/nightmare/hell at slvl 5 or higher. The skill level bonus is capped at +75, and then minion res is also capped at +75.

If you have some other aura that gives them resists (I think Champions of the Sun from
Eloi

Eloi
Amazon Shields

'ThulNefGul'
15% Attack Speed
-25 to Energy
Cold Resist +25%
Physical Resist 10%
-5% to All Vendor Prices

Ok great thanks for the reply. So if j understand this correct as long as I have 5 skill points in the blood skeletons skill plus another 75% minion resistance from gear this will put my minions at 75% (max) resistance even in hell mode.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
OdieCO wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:

Eloi

Eloi
Amazon Shields

'ThulNefGul'
15% Attack Speed
-25 to Energy
Cold Resist +25%
Physical Resist 10%
-5% to All Vendor Prices

Ok great thanks for the reply. So if j understand this correct as long as I have 5 skill points in the blood skeletons skill plus another 75% minion resistance from gear this will put my minions at 75% (max) resistance even in hell mode.

Summons get innate resists even for soft points (so if you put 1 point in skele and having +4 all skills - they will have 75 innate res). And their penalty is 0/50/100 per difficulty unlike for player and merc. so at skill level 5 and 75% summoned minion resist from items/skill they will have 50% ele resist on Hell (which is max except if you have champions of the sun aura)

There're 3 rules in that caase: they get 75% all res at skill level 5; they can't get more than 75% addiional all res from items/passive skills; they suffer penalty of -50 and -100 all ele res on Nightmare and Hell
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
God I hate some mechanics of the D2... No need to care about the math, just get 75% minion res on equipment and you are good to go in every difficulty. Those +soft skills come automatically with charms and items.
OdieCO
Invader
9 | 0
Thank you all for clarity. Much appreciated. Seems I've been overly investing in minion resistance lol
Jakob
Thunder Beetle
56 | 2
is there any build that can safely farm duncraig at lvl~120?

By safely i mean barrels dont kill it.