Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
dantata
Fallen
1 | 0
How can I set up a D2Stats to show (notify in chat) items with sockets - is it not possible because the item on the ground will only show item name and tier?
nodoubt0322
Rust Claw
89 | 10
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
noal wrote:What is the difference between when struck and when attacked?

when attacked : hit by melee attack.

when struck : hit by any wdm damage
nodoubt0322
Rust Claw
89 | 10
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
lynxxyarly wrote:Does anyone know if assassin claw block benefits from faster block rate?

yes
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
noal wrote:What is the difference between when struck and when attacked?

when struck = whenever you get hit with weapon damage, no matter if that happens from melee attacks or ranged attacks (arrows)
when attacked = whenever the opponent attacks you form melee range (the enemy attack does not have to be successful for it to trigger any proc/slow from your gear)
zephxd
Invader
9 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
If i have a weapon, giving 1-100 fire damage, as an example, does this damage improve by 10% spellpower / fire spell power?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
zephxd wrote:If i have a weapon, giving 1-100 fire damage, as an example, does this damage improve by 10% spellpower / fire spell power?
only applies for the successful melee hit to your initial target.
zephxd
Invader
9 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ChuckNoRis wrote:
zephxd wrote:If i have a weapon, giving 1-100 fire damage, as an example, does this damage improve by 10% spellpower / fire spell power?
only for the succesful melee hit to your initial target.

I am using Athulua's Bow, on Amazon, it gives 1-1500 to the three different types. So how does this work with Wyrmshot? I'm a bit confused about what to focus on with elemental setup :>
zakar
Stone Warrior
33 | 0
What is the point to Quiet Shrines giving a whopping +1 life per second?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
zephxd wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote:
only for the succesful melee hit to your initial target.

I am using Athulua's Bow, on Amazon, it gives 1-1500 to the three different types. So how does this work with Wyrmshot? I'm a bit confused about what to focus on with elemental setup :>
2 of the skills in your tree are converting most of your physical damage to tri-elemental (barrage - 25% per element- and trinity arrow - 33% per element- ) .

Wyrmshot is carrying the elemental damage from gear , but only deals 60% wd , so , each of your targets only gets 900 damage from each element by using the Athula's bow (60% from 1500) .

the main ways to boost the elemental damage for a bowzon are :

1. get more weapon damage for it to be converted to tri-elemental by the first 2 skills in your tree
2. get more elemental pierce gear
3. add more flat elemental damage to weapon gear parts
4. get more damage buffs (items that are boosting bloodlust's damage on switch attack) , a barbarian merc that may cast Gift of the Wild

zakar wrote:What is the point to Quiet Shrines giving a whopping +1 life per second?
there's no point . +1 life regen is nothing unless you have it in act 1 normal when it can mean something . same goes for the weird shrines elemental damage flat boost , the amount they add is worthless , reason why nobody uses them since a few patches ago (pre-Sigma) .
zakar
Stone Warrior
33 | 0
Thanks. I'm guessing maybe the reason it wasn't just removed is because that'd make it the only stat shrine w/o 3 affixes.