Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
PhilippeMello
Jungle Hunter
26 | 2
Ruubel wrote:Image

I tried the same trick at sp: made a backup save, no luck, overwrite.... My impression - if you do not get it on the first try you wont get it unles you reroll this particular item.

Thanks Ruubel for the reply! Will try that!
oski89
Rust Claw
80 | 2
YchoBicho wrote:I lost my Horadric Cube during a connection problem within my area. I tried finding it at the Halls of the Dead but nobody dropped it.

Can it still be recovered?

Do travincal quest ;)
YchoBicho
Imp
4 | 0
I already finished the travincal quest. will it still drop from the council???

thanks again...
IVIike
Pit Knight
104 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Yes same as vanilla d2. Drops regardless of the quest completed
YchoBicho
Imp
4 | 0
I've hunted the council for 10x already and still no Horadric Cube. Any advice guys? I dont want to start again... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Stereox
Cog
247 | 4
YchoBicho wrote:I've hunted the council for 10x already and still no Horadric Cube. Any advice guys? I dont want to start again... :cry: :cry: :cry:

You can create a mule to drop its Cube
IVIike
Pit Knight
104 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Stereox wrote:
YchoBicho wrote:I've hunted the council for 10x already and still no Horadric Cube. Any advice guys? I dont want to start again... :cry: :cry: :cry:

You can create a mule to drop its Cube

This is the easiest was. Or go into a game and ask someone to drop you one. Sure they would load new char and give cube and delete char after
YchoBicho
Imp
4 | 0
Atleast the mule worked.

Thanks guys...
PhilippeMello
Jungle Hunter
26 | 2
For the devs

First thanks for this entertaining mod!

Can you guys tell me if a known bug related to oil of luck and amulets happens? Or maybe there's a much reduced chance for some amulets to get the +1? if not I can mathematically safe say that it's not working as intended (at least not even close to 20%).
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
PhilippeMello wrote:For the devs

First thanks for this entertaining mod!

Can you guys tell me if a known bug related to oil of luck and amulets happens? Or maybe there's a much reduced chance for some amulets to get the +1? if not I can mathematically safe say that it's not working as intended (at least not even close to 20%).

"Chance" or rather "probability" means that even if you have 99,99% chance to get a +1 on an amulett, you can still fail 10.000 times in a row and the probability would still be valid. It doesn't mean that 20% = every 5th amulet is guaranteed to get +1. It's only a probability after all.

It's the same for throphys. Some seasons I get the TA trophy in the first run and a 2nd in the 5th run, and some other seasons I farm TA 200 times and still don't get even one. Despite 600 Boss kills.

Anyway, the point is: even if you try it a million times, you couldn't be mathematically safe to say it's not 20%, because that's just the way probability works.