Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Abaddon666
Pit Knight
106 | 2
Any recommendations on which helmet scroll to use on an iron spiral barb (wdm melee)? I’ll have firedance and hive from relics and hellfire aura from a merc. I was using goblin glee until now, but I want to change it to something else. I’m thinking between life spark and 50% aoe. I’ve been testing 50% aoe scroll a little, but I didn’t observe much (any?) difference. I know it should work only on the initial sword swing, not the whole aoe of iron spiral, but still I didn’t see any difference in dmg dealt/animation. I’ll probably have around 50% ll and 225 life on attack. No life on striking. Any ideas/comments?
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
blatkill wrote:I can give you a shaad in SP if you want. Pm sent.

Thanks for the offer mate, but I like playing self found.
If the chance of a shaad is just too small, I'll just go for another gear option :P.
Abaddon666
Pit Knight
106 | 2
Abaddon666 wrote:Any recommendations on which helmet scroll to use on an iron spiral barb (wdm melee)? I’ll have firedance and hive from relics and hellfire aura from a merc. I was using goblin glee until now, but I want to change it to something else. I’m thinking between life spark and 50% aoe. I’ve been testing 50% aoe scroll a little, but I didn’t observe much (any?) difference. I know it should work only on the initial sword swing, not the whole aoe of iron spiral, but still I didn’t see any difference in dmg dealt/animation. I’ll probably have around 50% ll and 225 life on attack. No life on striking. Any ideas/comments?

One more question from me. Can an affix "Target Takes Additional Damage of x" for example from
Idol of Rygnar
Idol of Rygnar
Mask (Sacred)

Defense: (2068 - 2350) to (2208 - 2510)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 600
Item Level: 120
+2 to Necromancer Skill Levels
25% Life stolen per Hit
Weapon Physical Damage +(60 to 90)%
Hit Causes Monster to Flee +1%
+(120 to 150)% Enhanced Defense
+(40 to 50) to Strength
+(40 to 50) to Dexterity
Target Takes Additional Damage of 500
25% Gold Find
+5 to Light Radius
Socketed (4)
be boosted in any way?
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Abaddon666 wrote:
One more question from me. Can an affix "Target Takes Additional Damage of x" for example from
Idol of Rygnar
Idol of Rygnar
Mask (Sacred)

Defense: (2068 - 2350) to (2208 - 2510)
Required Strength: 600
+2 to Necromancer Skill Levels
25% Life stolen per Hit
Weapon Physical Damage +(60 to 90)%
Hit Causes Monster to Flee +1%
+(120 to 150)% Enhanced Defense
+(40 to 50) to Strength
+(40 to 50) to Dexterity
Target Takes Additional Damage of 500
25% Gold Find
+5 to Light Radius
Socketed (4)
be boosted in any way?

No. Maybe with - enemy physical res but thats such a rare stat.
Abaddon666
Pit Knight
106 | 2
That makes sense. Thanks! :)

My previous question is still open. Anyone? :)
Any recommendations on which helmet scroll to use on an iron spiral barb (wdm melee)? I’ll have firedance and hive from relics and hellfire aura from a merc. I was using goblin glee until now, but I want to change it to something else. I’m thinking between life spark and 50% aoe. I’ve been testing 50% aoe scroll a little, but I didn’t observe much (any?) difference. I know it should work only on the initial sword swing, not the whole aoe of iron spiral, but still I didn’t see any difference in dmg dealt/animation. I’ll probably have around 50% ll and 225 life on attack. No life on striking. Any ideas/comments?

Also, another question. If you summon something from an onskill used on your switch, the summons dissapear after a few seconds. But how does it work with summons that you have hard points in? Let's say you have hard points in Veil King summon. You add a Veil King relic to your weapon on switch and summon him. Will he still be buffed by additional +3 and the orange text from the relic after you switch to your other gear or will you loose that?
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Summons you have hard points in stay and keeps the bonuses. Sadly can't answer your helm question, I haven't played melee barb in few years and what you use is pretty much a preference matter.
Abaddon666
Pit Knight
106 | 2
Thanks again! Does the orange text bonuses stay as well?

Yeah, I know it’s kind of a matter of preference / needs, but I guess the main question here is how good 50% aoe scroll is (not just for iron spiral, but for any melee attack with small dmg and aoe). If I understand correctly how it works (or should work), everything around the first target you swing at should get 100% dmg, practically doubling your dmg in a small area around the first target. In theory it sounds quite good. Is it as good though?
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I'm planning an ancients hand build. And for that I have a question.

The skill turns 100% of your physical damage to fire damage. So what would result in higher damage output: using a Kriegsmesser with full-on physical damage with the oskill or using a sacred Battle axe with innate fire damage while the oskill comes from a barbarian helm?
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ParticuLarry wrote:I'm planning an ancients hand build. And for that I have a question.

The skill turns 100% of your physical damage to fire damage. So what would result in higher damage output: using a Kriegsmesser with full-on physical damage with the oskill or using a sacred Battle axe with innate fire damage while the oskill comes from a barbarian helm?

Battle axe for IED or
Gotterdammerung
Gotterdammerung
Great Axe (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 496 to 673
Required Strength:
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
Mega Impact
Thunderfury
Area Effect Attack
50% Attack Speed
Adds 250-400 Damage
+200% Enhanced Damage
Requirements +800%
Ragh nar Rook
Socketed (6)
for physical damage, Kriegsmesser is 1h and would result in lower damage output.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
cnlnjzfjb wrote:
ParticuLarry wrote:I'm planning an ancients hand build. And for that I have a question.

Battle axe for IED or
Gotterdammerung
Gotterdammerung
Great Axe (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 496 to 673
Required Strength:
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
Mega Impact
Thunderfury
Area Effect Attack
50% Attack Speed
Adds 250-400 Damage
+200% Enhanced Damage
Requirements +800%
Ragh nar Rook
Socketed (6)
for physical damage, Kriegsmesser is 1h and would result in lower damage output.

So you'd take Ancients hand oskill from the helm either way. Thanks, that helps a lot!