Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Malkail
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
ahh, okay, hmm wonder why that wasnt mentioned in the guide, by then you'd have his endgame sacred armor hopefully. TY :D
zmeckancek
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Sup muchachos, I have 2 questions. First one is about the 'next delay' and the 'hunting banshee' skill
Let's say I shoot 5 hunting banshee missles per cast. I use the spell once and all 5 missles hit the same target at the same time
1a.) does the target only take damage from 1 missle (because of the 'next delay')? So basically increasing the number of missles only improves the AOE coverage and not the single target damage?
1b.) will increasing my cast speed at a certain point actually lower my DPS (because, for example, every other cast won't do any damage, because the next delay wont 'reset' fast enough)?

Second question is about the Arcane torrent spell. My arcane torrent tooltip damage on the character sheet is much higher than any other spell on my other chars of comparable level, and yet the actual damage output of arcane torrent is the weakest by far, even on full mana bulb. Do the monsters have high natural magic/feedback resistance (I'm testing this on level 30 characters, so no penetration items)? It's just super weird to me
:geek:
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
swish31 wrote:Good Day to everyone!

I just started playing D2SE last 2 weeks ago,

I would like to know why the Catalyst of Disenchantment is not working at all for me?

Yes I didn't put the Uniques that comes from farming at Grisw.

I tried various uniques (both Unidentified & Identified)

Somebody can help me? Any requirements (Act,Killing boss, level requirement) before I can use CoD?

Thanks and Best Regards!

Only griswald uniques dont work, rest all should work. If you are 100% sure that you are not using gris uniques then make a video and show us here
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Jmadman311 wrote:Are the ones in the middle and right columns hands down better than the first column?

It depends but it's not always the case, sometimes it's quite the opposite.

Jmadman311 wrote: Do they drop more rarely?

Yes, the rate is 20:8:1 for SU:SSU:SSSU but for some uniques it might be different iirc.

Jmadman311 wrote:Can you only get them to drop in certain areas?

No, area doesn't matter, as long as you can get any sacred unique you can get another one as well.
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
zmeckancek wrote:1a.) does the target only take damage from 1 missle (because of the 'next delay')? So basically increasing the number of missles only improves the AOE coverage and not the single target damage?

Yes, missile from the same skill will not be able to deal the damage before the delay expiration from the previous missile.

zmeckancek wrote:1b.) will increasing my cast speed at a certain point actually lower my DPS (because, for example, every other cast won't do any damage, because the next delay wont 'reset' fast enough)?

No, you can't lower your damage output, though there is a point of "saturation", after that point your damage won't increase further because of the next delay.

zmeckancek wrote:My arcane torrent tooltip damage on the character sheet is much higher than any other spell on my other chars of comparable level, and yet the actual damage output of arcane torrent is the weakest by far, even on full mana bulb.

You can't compare the raw damage numbers from the skill description, if skill and its synergies (from its level or other skills) does not provide you a significant damage boost, generally speaking it might point you out that this skill is just inferior to others.
zmeckancek
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
thank you for your answers, everything is super clear now! :cheers:
shame about the arcane torrent though, I really like the simple bluish looks and mechanics of the skill
sebneo
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hi

I have a lvl 121 barb with max block (75) and Damage reduction 50%

Do you think bear stance is still needed or wolf stance could be better ? or an other stance i play deathgaze barb
nofurylion
Balrog
125 | 2
sebneo wrote:Hi

I have a lvl 121 barb with max block (75) and Damage reduction 50%

Do you think bear stance is still needed or wolf stance could be better ? or an other stance i play deathgaze barb

Snake stance might more useful because slow target %.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
snake stance alone without maxing Eagle as sinergy is worthless . i suppose you don't have enough points left to max 2 stances , so you may use Wolf stance for more CB and increased speeds imo
nofurylion
Balrog
125 | 2
Well I dont recommend snake stance for the poison dmg but for slow target. Deathgaze as main attack + poison is not good so no need eagle stance
Cb is not synergies with deathgaze imo. Mostly axebarb already have tons of damage. I just cant see the effect of it.
The speed is super good tho.