Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Crazylike
Invader
8 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Is there a build guide out there that is strong enough to do most of the game solo? I played this game once before, barely, and I dont remember much other than that the game is hard af, which isnt a bad thing, but I want to make it as easy as possible for myself.
Maykay
Cultist
23 | 0
Crazylike wrote:Is there a build guide out there that is strong enough to do most of the game solo? I played this game once before, barely, and I dont remember much other than that the game is hard af, which isnt a bad thing, but I want to make it as easy as possible for myself.

Summoner Paladin does very well until you get to the very hardest content (some of the ubers). But it can farm Duncraig quite well.
Broguard
Skeleton
3 | 0
Crazylike wrote:Is there a build guide out there that is strong enough to do most of the game solo? I played this game once before, barely, and I dont remember much other than that the game is hard af, which isnt a bad thing, but I want to make it as easy as possible for myself.

the new patch is launching very soon and many characters have had a rework in skills but unholy paladin has a lot of hype this patch cause of its potential
Crazylike
Invader
8 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Broguard wrote:

the new patch is launching very soon and many characters have had a rework in skills but unholy paladin has a lot of hype this patch cause of its potential

Thanks for the tip. There doesnt seem to be any guides for Unholy Pally though, but I'm just going to start as that and see where it goes. Any tips for starting out? As to what skills are good starter skills or something like that.
MUS01
Cog
201 | 3
Guys, I'm new to the skill : GLADIATOR'S DOMINANCE. I have a level 90 barb... I choose that uber skill, I check fortress damage, and almost add nothing... The skill adds actually significant magical damage, or its biased to heavy hard skill points investment?
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
MUS01 wrote:Guys, I'm new to the skill : GLADIATOR'S DOMINANCE. I have a level 90 barb... I choose that uber skill, I check fortress damage, and almost add nothing... The skill adds actually significant magical damage, or its biased to heavy hard skill points investment?

The skill itself say how much dmg it grants, and what it scales with.
MUS01
Cog
201 | 3
Broguard wrote:

The easier and simple build, with potential for ALL UBERS is fortress barb. A bit slow in the beginning, but he truly shines with a small farming investment...

15 WC, 1 all melee reqs (including daedalus), 20 fortress, 30 snake stance, 28 Eagle stance, 1 point all other stances, 10 points in spirit guide, 20 in gladiator's dominance, 1 inmortal, 1 thundergod. That's all.
For stats, 200 in STR, all remaining in dex (for max block)

Early equipment (until finish terror) Queen of glasss armor (-% er), Invictus ( vital for defense), Deadfall, Lionpaw (or light plated boots), TU chain gloves, TU balanced axe (or Sterrenvogel for a heavier poison/elemental damage). With that, and a proper use of Fortress and Thunder slam you can try Duncraig, or fight the regular game while you get decent equipment (sacred uniques for runewords)

Also, I forgot mention you craft a Kraken stance helm. With enough block, you can keep the QOG armor and Steverrgel until you get an AVATAR rw shield and better equipment... Damn, you can play with those ítems until early late game.

With KS you get all elemental damages. You slow your opponents with snake stance, and you should get a bit of magical damage courtesy of glad's dominances...

Playstyle: Use fortress each 3 secs, 1-TS the first mob you see using Snake Stance, 2-then cast a fortress, 3-switch stance to KS (from midgame) or WS (before act V terror), 4-wait 5 secs, switch again to Snake stance, REPEAT. (In the old times using TU GLAIVE, you do less switch, now we must be active players :( )

Oh, and if you are kamikaze, you can use Iceburst for melting bosses... or hard mobs... (except elites in Hell/terror...with those mobs I prefer using fortress and stance dancing with Snake, Wolf, or KS until they're dead)
Broguard
Skeleton
3 | 0
MUS01 wrote:
Broguard wrote:

The easier and simple build, with potential for ALL UBERS is fortress barb. A bit slow in the beginning, but he truly shines with a small farming investment...

15 WC, 1 all melee reqs (including daedalus), 20 fortress, 30 snake stance, 28 Eagle stance, 1 point all other stances, 10 points in spirit guide, 20 in gladiator's dominance, 1 inmortal, 1 thundergod. That's all.
For stats, 200 in STR, all remaining in dex (for max block)

Early equipment (until finish terror) Queen of glasss armor (-% er), Invictus ( vital for defense), Deadfall, Lionpaw (or light plated boots), TU chain gloves, TU balanced axe (or Sterrenvogel for a heavier poison/elemental damage). With that, and a proper use of Fortress and Thunder slam you can try Duncraig, or fight the regular game while you get decent equipment (sacred uniques for runewords)

Also, I forgot mention you craft a Kraken stance helm. With enough block, you can keep the QOG armor and Steverrgel until you get an AVATAR rw shield and better equipment... Damn, you can play with those ítems until early late game.

With KS you get all elemental damages. You slow your opponents with snake stance, and you should get a bit of magical damage courtesy of glad's dominances...

Playstyle: Use fortress each 3 secs, 1-TS the first mob you see using Snake Stance, 2-then cast a fortress, 3-switch stance to KS (from midgame) or WS (before act V terror), 4-wait 5 secs, switch again to Snake stance, REPEAT. (In the old times using TU GLAIVE, you do less switch, now we must be active players :( )

Oh, and if you are kamikaze, you can use Iceburst for melting bosses... or hard mobs... (except elites in Hell/terror...with those mobs I prefer using fortress and stance dancing with Snake, Wolf, or KS until they're dead)

many of the uniques have had a rework as well just saying. and with the new sets we have not even seen i think item builds are way to early to put out there.
kortt
Core Lord
393 | 9
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
MUS01 well written! well done!
MUS01
Cog
201 | 3
yes, but still you can play using things that you take of mobs...
Basically you need and axe, a shield and that's all. Your early damage comes from Snake stance and Wolf.

BTW, I check the tiered uniques ítems, and Steverrogel and Rockshater and QOG armor don't get changes in the needed bonuses... In the Helms are plenty of options, like bonechewer or Slime drool (now is a better option tan before Sigma versions where the helm was almost useless)

Yeah, there is some changes in certain ítems, but not in all... However, the SU sections was the more affected by adjustments... but, like the build was supposed to be played untwinked, then no problem... A good idea would be farm TRHOWER set.. (hunter) I only hope the helm part was be removed, cause is the more invasive section (you get o skills like KS, AH and others by Helms)

BTW, the buil still can be played using RUNEMASTER instead Gladiato'rs dominance, but you lose the magical damage, DS, and block. You trade those mods for %defense and 5% ctbh. With runemaster you reach your peak level quicker than glads, easy time farming. Then you ca respec to Glad dominance...

I'm a busy man. I go with the same plan from beginning to ending... XD ALSO, I'm lazy, so I prefer Rockshatter for the on death proc: less targeting..XD

Enjoy the build... It was heavyly nerfed (TS cd now is 15 secs) so I think Rockshatter is more needed tan before. You would need those 4 secs of stun in Hell) but still is playable.