Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
FreddyBaby
Vampiress
35 | 1
does merc gear take dmg and need to repair? found an ethereal armor and don't know if I can giv it to the merc and it will break with time, or I need indestructible jewel first?
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
https://diablo-archive.fandom.com/wiki/ ... (Diablo_II)

Ethereal items can be highly sought after for a couple of reasons. First, ethereal items do not lose durability when equipped on a Mercenary. Therefore, it is possible for your Mercenary to reap the benefits of an ethereal item's increased power without worrying about it breaking.
vindog
Sasquatch
66 | 2
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
FreddyBaby wrote:does merc gear take dmg and need to repair? found an ethereal armor and don't know if I can giv it to the merc and it will break with time, or I need indestructible jewel first?

Merc gear does not take damage, no need to socket it with an indestructible jewel/rune
accelarator
Stone Warrior
31 | 0
what triggers hell baal's spawn/summon? is it random or chance based? one time i did him he barely summons and next attempt he summons 5 act bosses at once at 80% hp.
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
It's an on hit proc I believe
Chance
Grubber
323 | 3
How to delete your outdated post on Trade forum?
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
Imperius wrote:
Immortal2563 wrote:
anothernoob wrote:Do i unterstand correctly that single player not work proreply? Better play multi?

It only works without touching the other tabs in the stash and the cross-class stash. Make frequent copies of game saves and have peace of mind. I have been playing from scratch when 2.0 came out and no problem with disappearing items or corrupted haracters.

Just remember that before you transfer something to another character, if you have several of them, always take these items on the character. If you take them directly from the stash being connected to TCPIP then the items will clone.

And the second. If you give your main character something, then put it on the character or into the cube, because if you throw it into the stash, when you return the main character to the SP, there will be no items that you gave her before.

As for version 2.03 both the stash and the shared stash are working without any issues, no crashes, no items disappearing, nothing, its working perfectly as it should have been from the beginning.
Glad that now i can share items between my characters.

They are still buggy and I suggest you do two tests.

1. Two copies of Median on one TCPIP computer. From character A, you transfer the gear directly from the stash and throw it on the ground. You pick it up in B character. You close the second copy of Median. Characters A and B HAVE THE SAME EQUIPMENT. Walkthrough. Before you throw something on the ground, play character A in SP and spend the equipment stash on the character. Then, fire the second copy and throw the equipment on the ground. Only character B will get items.

2. The other way around is even worse. From character B, throw the object on the ground and pick it up from character A and TAKE IT TO STASH. When you return character A to SP ITEM, YOU WILL NOT BE IN STASH. It will disappear.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
You shouldnt do any shared stash testing with TCP/IP IMO

1. Stashes details are taken snapshot when you start a game. I dunno how dev did the shared stash, as long as you there isnt any saving it wont up-to-date properly.
2. I also observed that probably stash data are stored in memory for particular instance. If you have 2 client running, Quitting 1st client, then quitting 2nd client will leave you with 2nd client shared stashes. Since 1st was saved first, then 2nd override it.

Assuming dev did manage to do dynamically loading / saving shared stash, then we can conduct this test
1. Run character A in SP, take 1 item.
2. Run character B in SP, check the shared stash.
If item exist : that mean shared stash havent update yet, and required 2nd test.

1. Keep running both instances
2. Character A now, put another new item into shared stash. Save & quit
3. Character B (which havent done anything), check the shared stash
If item exist : then the shared stash is saved whenever "saving progress" happened.

tl;dr shared stash / stash exist in 2 format. One in memory (client) and another one on disk.
Savi_
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
1. Does magic find help with finding Runes?
2. How rare are the great runes from Fauztinville? e.g how many hours of farming or how many "full clears" is expected to find one great rune on average.
uberecht
Sasquatch
65 | 6
Savi_ wrote:1. Does magic find help with finding Runes?

No