Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
suchbalance wrote:You haven't enabled run as administrator. Also test in single player first

Thanks man for your help. It's still not working when I run it as administrator in both win7 and winXp compatibility.
I also tested in single player. It still the same error.
brackans
Heretic
443 | 60
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Common Guide Badge
RequiemLux wrote:
brackans wrote:...

You said you get the game running, can you play SP? what is the error you get when creating a new MP game?

Yes I can get the game running until the lobby. But I got the error when making new game as below:
I also try on single player in both win7 and winxp compatibility but the error just keep popping up. Man, if I had a dollar for every time I got this error...

RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
brackans wrote:
RequiemLux wrote:

You said you get the game running, can you play SP? what is the error you get when creating a new MP game?

Yes I can get the game running until the lobby. But I got the error when making new game as below:
I also try on single player in both win7 and winxp compatibility but the error just keep popping up. Man, if I had a dollar for every time I got this error...

Uninstall everything D2 too, reboot PC, install everything anew while/after reading here: viewtopic.php?p=100771#p100771
brackans
Heretic
443 | 60
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Common Guide Badge
RequiemLux wrote:
brackans wrote:
RequiemLux wrote:

Uninstall everything D2 too, reboot PC, install everything anew while/after reading here: viewtopic.php?p=100771#p100771

Thanks man, I'll try this, hope this will work :mrgreen: and hope for the best
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Have you added Game.exe and Diablo II.exe to DEP?
brackans
Heretic
443 | 60
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Common Guide Badge
Unda wrote:Have you added Game.exe and Diablo II.exe to DEP?

So I deleted all Diablo related file, rebooted PC. Downloaded fresh 1.13c version and those files from the Join section in the forum. Extracted and pasted and replaced and such. Run as window mode with -w, run as administrator, added those files to DEP, compatibility is Win7 then Winxp Sp3 and then Winxp Sp2. None of them worked. Just this error when creating new game. I'm so bad with this error troubleshooting since everyone is playing this game perfectly right now.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
brackans wrote:

So I deleted all Diablo related file, rebooted PC. Downloaded fresh 1.13c version and those files from the Join section in the forum. Extracted and pasted and replaced and such. Run as window mode with -w, run as administrator, added those files to DEP, compatibility is Win7 then Winxp Sp3 and then Winxp Sp2. None of them worked. Just this error when creating new game. I'm so bad with this error troubleshooting since everyone is playing this game perfectly right now.
► Show Spoiler

Run the D2VidTst, right now looks like the only thing missing
brackans
Heretic
443 | 60
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Common Guide Badge
RequiemLux wrote:
brackans wrote:

► Show Spoiler

Run the D2VidTst, right now looks like the only thing missing

Thanks for your reply. I ran the video test as administrator a couple of time but nothing pop up. That's so weird! Is there any way to actually make the video test running since it doesn't shown anything when I ran as admin nor ran as double clicking on the file?
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
@brackans

cowking wrote:You can also try this.

misosozi wrote:For those who did not manage to fix C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION, and tried the:
"Open Explorer, right-click Computer, Advanced System Settings, Advanced tab, Settings in Performance section, Data Execution Prevention tab, choose Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select, Add, find Diablo II.exe and add it, Apply."

... without any success. Try my solution below.

You have to disable DEP completely in your OS. To do this:
1. Run cmd as an administrator
2. type: bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff
3. reboot

Cheers.

You can turn DEP back on with...

bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOn
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
d2vidtest needs the same thing to run - "run as admin" and "compatibility for win xp sp2". Although if you get the game running this is probably not the cause.

The only other thing i can think of atm is 1) You have some sort of antivirus that is blocking the dll 2) Download our launcher and try to install the game with it .