Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
cletyan
Bone Archer
72 | 0
Sprow wrote:Useless skill?

u dont have machine gun or gun and the game doesnt have it so i think its useless :lol: :lol: :lol: you can use it lol you dont have gun u throw MSG to the enemies? lol :scratch: :scratch: :-o :-o
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Sprow wrote:Useless skill?

Just ignore what the guy before me said. Here is a good answer:

Yes, that skill is quite good actually. It hits fast and hard especially when you have lots of +skills. The most efficient way to use it is to press down the mouse button you bound it to, then move your mouse left and right quickly (from the point of view of your character who's looking at the monsters coming your way). Do that to ensure you spread your damage equally over a wide area. Because the projectiles are still somewhat slow. They don't hit instantly, which means you'll have a delay from when you start attacking to when the projectiles hit. To clear groups of enemies it's best to use that strategy I told you about. If you only charge at 1 line of monsters at a time your clearspeed will drastically decrease. The magic damage is actually quite a lot considering that most enemies don't have any magic resist at all. The other good thing about that skill is that it doesn't have any weapon restriction. So you can easily used a 2-hand weapon for that.

While it may look like it's for single targets, don't get fooled, because it isn't. Whirlpool oskill easily outperforms SMG for static bosses. But if you don't have anything better, it's still okay.

If you can get used to how it plays out, it's not that bad of an AoE clear, especially since it pierces enemies. It's not the best skill though. It doesn't even come close to best farm skills due to its channeling nature (though I don't know how paladin morph reduce the initial charging time before the first missile is released). It's definitely a unique playstyle however.

One more thing: If you get hit, and thus interrupted, you'll have to consider that you won't be able to use it that quickly due to the charging time of around 1 second. But again, that may differ on paladin morph and I have no experience using it on a paladin. I'd also suggest having high amount of HP so you don't get interrupted.

If you like it, use it. If you don't, sell it to someone who wants to try it out.
wewenako19
Balrog
121 | 0
im playing bowazon im in lvl117 currently on hell act IV , i still dont get or find any relic do my patch have problem or just unlucky , i didnt update my d2 stat i just put "relic" on notifier should i update it i read that there's not much update on it so i didnt update mine. thanks for response
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
I think they're just incredibly rare, I haven't found a single one in about 50 dunc runs.
Either that or the line "Relic" is wrong in my notifier :P.
boozek
Son of Lucion
733 | 31
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
wewenako19 wrote:im playing bowazon im in lvl117 currently on hell act IV , i still dont get or find any relic do my patch have problem or just unlucky , i didnt update my d2 stat i just put "relic" on notifier should i update it i read that there's not much update on it so i didnt update mine. thanks for response

The drop is rare, and the tag "Relic" works fine in D2 Notifier.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I haven't played much lately, are relics considered unique jewels or global drops like UMO's?
DeaTh
Cog
206 | 16
is there a way to kill soul of Gluttony with maelstorm?
I have around 16k damage and can't kill him. Maybe I just don't understand how to kill him?
Philby
Azure Drake
161 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Jampula wrote:I haven't played much lately, are relics considered unique jewels or global drops like UMO's?

I've read somewhere that they are global drop, provided the area can drop lvl120 items.
asslikethat
Prowler
18 | 0
Anybody who use auction. If i put something in it(example an item) and after 24 hours i got a winner and i set it to auto.i get the tg automatic thats okey,but what happen if im not at home and i cant give it to the winner? Or he will wait till i get home and i can give it to him? And hows that auto thing real work.Sorry for bad english,thats why i dont understand the auction thing
DeaTh
Cog
206 | 16
asslikethat wrote:Anybody who use auction. If i put something in it(example an item) and after 24 hours i got a winner and i set it to auto.i get the tg automatic thats okey,but what happen if im not at home and i cant give it to the winner? Or he will wait till i get home and i can give it to him? And hows that auto thing real work.Sorry for bad english,thats why i dont understand the auction thing

You create a character and give him an item. After the auction, the character is transferred to the buyer. This is how auto mode works.