Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Venomorph
Destroyer
6 | 0
Shade wrote:
Venomorph wrote:Can Honorific item be used as base for runewords? Otherwise, do hono have any utility in mid-late game?

No they can't be used for runewords. Runewords must have a white title. Or grey - but you wouldn't do that, you'd upgrade it to Superior using cube recipes.

It seems honorifics are useful as late as you need them - I'm nooby at this but from reading a few guides, it seems once shrines start dropping in early Terror (Act 2 ish?) you should start being able to craft better gear. Having the stats to wear it is another thing though - needs a few charms?

Yeah but shrines cannot be used on honorific :/ So I really don't get the point of usingthose. It seems like you can only use orbs on them
griffith
Stone Warrior
31 | 2
I'm playing a throw barb and javazon in this patch farming TA/Fauts in dest, but I really enjoy bashing stuff in the face as melee.

I have all easy/medium difficulty charms.. and I play SP with plugy so it's easy to share with my other chars

whats the best melee build for 2017, preferably dual wield one? I can do weap/shield but not 2h. Not my style :D
arcology
Cog
211 | 51
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
What is the chance for Bull Prince Rodeo to drop a UMO? It used to be 10%, old docs say 2%. So far, I killed him about 45 times and got 3..
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
In this current version can MINIGAME 2: MIRROR MIRROR be done from shardspawns that are summoned via dark summoning ?
Kyromyr
Cog
207 | 115
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Anonymous: wrote:In this current version can MINIGAME 2: MIRROR MIRROR be done from shardspawns that are summoned via dark summoning ?

Yes.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
How do you get barbarian shield runeword 4x poison? (Triune's Blessing)
There is other runeword for regular shields with 4 poison runes, Khalim's Protector.
When I put 4 poison runes into gilded shield I'm getting Khalim's Protector runeword, not triune's blessing.

So I googled, mentioned in bug thread in 2014 old forums, and this forums 1 year ago :lol:
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
aerial wrote:How do you get barbarian shield runeword 4x poison? (Triune's Blessing)

* This runeword currently cannot be made due to a bug. Trying it will produce Khalim's Protector runeword.

Old docs say that, apparently it's still not fixed.
HaveASmile
Dark Huntress
14 | 1
arcology wrote:What is the chance for Bull Prince Rodeo to drop a UMO? It used to be 10%, old docs say 2%. So far, I killed him about 45 times and got 3..

Old docs actually say 1/30 or 3.33...%. Sounds about right to me, although we'd need a lot of runs to confirm of course.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Venomorph wrote:
Shade wrote:
Venomorph wrote:Can Honorific item be used as base for runewords? Otherwise, do hono have any utility in mid-late game?

No they can't be used for runewords. Runewords must have a white title. Or grey - but you wouldn't do that, you'd upgrade it to Superior using cube recipes.

It seems honorifics are useful as late as you need them - I'm nooby at this but from reading a few guides, it seems once shrines start dropping in early Terror (Act 2 ish?) you should start being able to craft better gear. Having the stats to wear it is another thing though - needs a few charms?

Yeah but shrines cannot be used on honorific :/ So I really don't get the point of usingthose. It seems like you can only use orbs on them

That is the point of honorifics... They're generally used as cheap substitutes in case you lose gear somehow, but a lot of builds can utilize them as main pieces.
robizeratul
Vampiress
37 | 0
Couldn't make the launcher work, but I launched with D2se...

Are higher resolution options not implemented? Will they come only with Sigma? Or am I doing something wrong? I only get the standard 800/600...