Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Chance
Grubber
323 | 3
Is maxing both res cap and Phys res complicated? And is magic resistance needed?
God_of_Magic
Pit Knight
113 | 6
Chance wrote:Is maxing both res cap and Phys res complicated? And is magic resistance needed?

No and no.

Maxing res cap is not complicated, it just takes certain mods to get. Perfect gems for instants have +1 max res on them. Then just load up on resistance until its capped. Res is naturally capped at 75% but with the +max res mod it can go higher.

Physical res max can't be increased. It is capped naturally at 50%, but is harder to get with certain characters.

Magic res is not needed. It is nice if you get some for certain areas but can be done without.
Chance
Grubber
323 | 3
God_of_Magic wrote:
Chance wrote:Is maxing both res cap and Phys res complicated? And is magic resistance needed?

No and no.

Maxing res cap is not complicated, it just takes certain mods to get. Perfect gems for instants have +1 max res on them. Then just load up on resistance until its capped. Res is naturally capped at 75% but with the +max res mod it can go higher.

Physical res max can't be increased. It is capped naturally at 50%, but is harder to get with certain characters.

Magic res is not needed. It is nice if you get some for certain areas but can be done without.

Ty for clarifying the Magic Res.

But u got my question wrong. I asked about maxing both Resistance cap and Physic Resistance at the same time, and not Phys cap.
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
How many runs on average does it take to get a Shaad rune in single player?
I want one, but toraja is just too boring to run often. Found 2 Krys the first run, one Auhe after 5-6 runs.
I'm not really looking forward to doing 10's of runs just to find the damn thing.
God_of_Magic
Pit Knight
113 | 6
Chance wrote:
God_of_Magic wrote:

No and no.

Ty for clarifying the Magic Res.

But u got my question wrong. I asked about maxing both Resistance cap and Physic Resistance at the same time, and not Phys cap.

Being able to max both is harder on some characters than others. A lot of times, maxing physical res can't be done without sacrificing something else. Paladins for example can get physical and elemental res maxed pretty easy do to Blessed Life passive.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Opgedronken wrote:How many runs on average does it take to get a Shaad rune in single player?
I want one, but toraja is just too boring to run often. Found 2 Krys the first run, one Auhe after 5-6 runs.
I'm not really looking forward to doing 10's of runs just to find the damn thing.

Last I heard, the rarity was 3 Krys : 2 Auhe : 1 Shaad. I don't know if that's still accurate, but if it is then you should be able to get one in about 10 runs?
Berkabus1
Grubber
331 | 20
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Siosilvar wrote:
Opgedronken wrote:How many runs on average does it take to get a Shaad rune in single player?

Last I heard, the rarity was 3 Krys : 2 Auhe : 1 Shaad. I don't know if that's still accurate, but if it is then you should be able to get one in about 10 runs?

I did over 50 runs for a auhe so you should be happy ! The most booring and stupid place to farm. Id rather farm den of evil for tyraels might
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
Yeah I think the ratio is 3 2 1, but the amount I've found is of course variance and has little bearing on the true odds :P.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Opgedronken wrote:Yeah I think the ratio is 3 2 1, but the amount I've found is of course variance and has little bearing on the true odds :P.

Yeah, for things with such low drop rates it's often better to talk about things like 90% confidence intervals. Even your average 6% trophy drop can get a little wonky sometimes - you should average one every 16-17 runs but it's not too weird (1 in 10) for it to take 37, and there's that 1 in 100 poor soul out there who doesn't get one until 75 runs.

Statistics is cruel sometimes. :twisted:
blatkill
Core Lord
388 | 32
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions

I can give you a shaad in SP if you want. Pm sent.