Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
dungears
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
I found my first SSU recently. It was The Redeemer. A couple searches revealed it would be good for a Unsummoner Amazon build, but I couldn't dig up a guide for this build. Can someone point me towards one? Also, is this item good for any other builds?

Thanks.
Vanarchy
Sand Maggot
1155 | 47
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Ripper89 wrote:Hello, I have a short question regarding the Great Runes from Toraja/Fauztinville. After about 10-15 Toraja runs, I managed to find only Krys Runes (about 7-8 pieces total). Also, after about 5 Fauzt runs, I found 2 Taha Runes. It seems to me that these runes have a greater drop bias than the other runes. The Toraja rune drops are really suspicious from this point of view. Does anybody know why I've found only Krys Runes and not a single one of the others? I think I should've found some of the others as well. I'm playing single player. Also, does anybody have an idea what are the chances for each of these runes to drop (both Toraja and Fauzt). Thanks in advance!

Tahas are the easiest ones to find in Fauzt,

Kryses are the easiest ones to find in Toraja

Other greatrunes are more rare.
Taem
Necrobot
2475 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I think I already know the answer but may as well ask: if I already have Fridge Sphere with points as a Sorc and get a relic with +12 Fridge Sphere, will I really aquire +12 FS, or only +3?
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
dungears wrote:I found my first SSU recently. It was The Redeemer. A couple searches revealed it would be good for a Unsummoner Amazon build, but I couldn't dig up a guide for this build. Can someone point me towards one? Also, is this item good for any other builds?

Thanks.

The Vietnamese players have a miniguide for it. Basically, you'll need both
The Redeemer
The Redeemer
Grand Scepter (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 36 to 40
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 449
Item Level: 120
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Dexterity)%
Fire Elementals Inherit Your Fire Spell Damage
5% Chance to cast level 36 Lava Pit on Death Blow
+(3 to 4) to Amazon Skill Levels
25% Cast Speed
+50% Damage to Undead
+(20 to 30)% to Fire Spell Damage
-(20 to 25)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(51 to 60) to Energy
+(50 to 75) Life after each Kill
2% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (3)
and
Vision of the Furies
Vision of the Furies
Athulua's Hand (Sacred)

Defense: 2236 to 2331
Chance to Block: 4%
(Amazon Only)
Required Dexterity: 349
Item Level: 105
Fire Elementals Inherit Your Energy and Spell Focus
+25% Bonus Elemental Damage to Bloodlust
+75 Spell Focus
25% Cast Speed
0.375% to Fire Spell Damage (Based on Character Level)
+1000 Defense
(21 to 25)% to Vitality
10% to Energy
Physical Damage Reduced by 100
Socketed (4)
. Elementals don't get your pierce, only the pierce from base levels, so you'll want to stack fire spell damage and spell focus -
Radiance
Radiance
Tiara (Sacred)

Defense: 725 to 820
Required Dexterity: 392
Item Level: 120
+2 Spell Focus per 1 Light Radius
+3% Fire Spell Damage per 1 Light Radius
-1% Cold Spell Damage per 1 Light Radius
+(2 to 3) to All Skills
-(15 to 20)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
Physical Resist 10%
Cannot Be Frozen
-5% to All Vendor Prices
Socketed (4)
+
Locket of Dreams
Locket of Dreams
Amulet

Item Level: 105
+(2 to 3) to All Skills
+100 to Vitality
+(150 to 200) Life when Struck by an Enemy
25% Gold Find
+10 to Light Radius
is traditional.

As far as other builds - it's got all of the stats a fire caster zon (bloodstorm or lava pit) would want, it's at least a good stopping point on the way to
Minefield

Minefield
One-Handed Swords
Except Two-Handed Swords, Two-Handed Swords

'IgnTyrRalOhm'
Runeword Level: 100
If you have 90% Fire Resist: +50% Fire Spell Damage
40% Hit Recovery
+(25 to 30)% to Fire Spell Damage
-60% to Enemy Fire Resistance
Fire Resist +30%
Fire Absorb (1 to 2)%
Attacker Takes Fire Damage of (400 to 500)
or maybe
Path (Xis)

Taem wrote:I think I already know the answer but may as well ask: if I already have Fridge Sphere with points as a Sorc and get a relic with +12 Fridge Sphere, will I really aquire +12 FS, or only +3?

Just +3.
Ripper89
Skeleton
3 | 0
Quirinus wrote:
Ripper89 wrote:Hello, I have a short question regarding the Great Runes from Toraja/Fauztinville. After about 10-15 Toraja runs, I managed to find only Krys Runes (about 7-8 pieces total). Also, after about 5 Fauzt runs, I found 2 Taha Runes. It seems to me that these runes have a greater drop bias than the other runes. The Toraja rune drops are really suspicious from this point of view. Does anybody know why I've found only Krys Runes and not a single one of the others? I think I should've found some of the others as well. I'm playing single player. Also, does anybody have an idea what are the chances for each of these runes to drop (both Toraja and Fauzt). Thanks in advance!

Fauz: Taha, Ghal, Qor. each next rune has a lower chance to drop, if I remember correctly, the drop ratios are 3:2:1, 4:2:1 or something like that. so, if it's 3:2:1, then 50% of the great rune drops are Taha, 33% are Ghal, and 17% are Qor. It used to be that each full clear of Fauz gave about one great rune, but I don't know what's the chance now, after Fauz was changed.

Same thing is with Krys, Auhe, Sha'ad in Toraja. Something like 3:2:1: 50%, 33% and 16%.
It used to be that you needed several runs to get one great rune, but Toraja's been changed since I last played, so my info is probably wrong.

As for getting only 8 Krys and no other rune, it's just random chance. Just because something that has a low probability of happening happens, doesn't mean things are wrong, especially on such a small sample size as yours.

Thank you for your answer. It is true that the sample size was small, but it was enough for me to suspect that something was off. The fact that the chances are not equal for all the runes explains it all. Good to know that.
Taem
Necrobot
2475 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
@Siosilvar

That's what I thought. Thank you for verifying.
Taem
Necrobot
2475 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
If the Enchantment: Helmet +10 Fire Dance adds no spell damage (as per description), then what the hell does it do then? Extend the duration ?
robomixor
Sasquatch
65 | 1
hi,
i see we can put some mo and enchant the valtek's set. but does that works?
ty
diskmagus
Imp
5 | 0
hi, i saw a video where the guy had the bonus of the set abilitated using only one piece of the set, is that a visual bug or is it possible somehow?
Ripper89
Skeleton
3 | 0
Vanarchy wrote:

Tahas are the easiest ones to find in Fauzt,

Kryses are the easiest ones to find in Toraja

Other greatrunes are more rare.

All right, thank you. Do you know anything about the drop chances of Teganze Runestones/Essences? For me, it seems that they all have about an equal chance to drop. I have to do several runs in order to find a Runestone which can be frustrating since I need as many runestones as essences in order to combine them. Then, to make a Xis rune, I need one extra runestone. I think that the drop chances for Runestones should be slightly higher than the chance for Essences.