Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Zebrasoup
Skeleton
2 | 0
In the ladder I see bow druids that have very high dexterity requiring bows and also have fairly high strength requiring armor. How are people able to have both? Their str seems to be lower than what they are wearing requires. How is this done?
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Zebrasoup wrote:In the ladder I see bow druids that have very high dexterity requiring bows and also have fairly high strength requiring armor. How are people able to have both? Their str seems to be lower than what they are wearing requires. How is this done?

Strength comes from charms and items, which don't show in the stats in not armory
Zebrasoup
Skeleton
2 | 0
Also, I got a taha rune to make "Raudna" Is there a certain druid base bow that would be best for it?
mensamque
Invader
8 | 0
HI!

1. What mercenary would you take for totem necromancer? I found A1 and all of A3 all suitable but cant decide, please halp
2. Does A3 bloodmage's firedance buffs existing totems?
patrick_pkl
Gravedigger
191 | 4
patrick_pkl wrote:Sorry can I ask which builds/classes excels best at clearing the strongest uber bosses? Unholy melee paladin?

Bump! Thanks in advance!
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Baldie24 wrote:Do the Act 2 mercs (specifically Shapeshifter) scale from dex, str, or both?

Read the Merc page in the documentation. Their physical damage will also scale with whatever the weapon they use scales with.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
villur wrote:What does flad added damage from gear get affected by? I assume wdm modifiers on skills but anything else too?

Yes, WDM on skills, and also...

If it's flat physical damage, then Enhanced Weapon Damage and any total damage modifiers. And it can also be converted to ele gets so you can gain from non-spell elemental modifiers.

If it's flat ele, then non-spell elemental modifiers and total damage modifiers.

Innate Element Damage doesn't work for either scenario.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Deckard_Lame wrote:I have a Sha'ad bow that has lots of added elemental damage...do MO's with "Innate elemental damage" increase my dps, or no?

No. Only IED only increases the INNATE damage portion of the item (see crystal sword, maple bow, battle axe, etc.)
timmermac
Cultist
22 | 0
I have a question about the Offline Tools. Do they function exactly like PlugY did as far as infinite stash space is concerned?
Edit: Another question... I keep reading on the forums that kill speed is the most important thing is this mod. I have an extremely methodical playstyle in D2 and every mod I've played in my life. I tend to cover just about every single inch of the map, killing every monster and getting every chest, rock, bed and barrel in the game. Can someone explain why kill speed is such a big deal? Is it just a matter of the damage dealt by monsters, and can that be overcome with increased defense and other stats?
Deckard_Lame
Acid Prince
48 | 1
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I have read that enhanced weapon damage is a totally different stat that Enhanced damage, but it doesn't seem to increase the damage on my bow that already has 200% Enhanced damage...is it still worth it to MO with this stat in this case? I am using a guide to craft this bow, but it was posted at the start of last season. Is Enhanced weapon damage MO still a good option even if it isn't increasing the base damage on the bow I crafted?