Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
xXPPGGXx
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
can i unsocket normal jewels If i put 5 normal jewels in armor +1 cotw.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
xXPPGGXx wrote:can i unsocket normal jewels If i put 5 normal jewels in armor +1 cotw.
no . whatever you socket there along the COTW stays there too . the item itself cannot be unsocketed once you put a cotw inside .

and of course , some retard who never owned a COTW in his life downrated my post . roflmao
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
So, assuming that I can't handle ubers, what's a good place for an Iron Spiral barb to grind for gear and runes? I've been running Mephisto and Diablo, but I don't seem to be getting much that's actually useful. Level ~110.

Also, I apologize if I've missed something obvious, but what do Crushing Blow and Deadly Strike do, and what is the difference between them?
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
GreyRook wrote:So, assuming that I can't handle ubers, what's a good place for an Iron Spiral barb to grind for gear and runes? I've been running Mephisto and Diablo, but I don't seem to be getting much that's actually useful. Level ~110.

Also, I apologize if I've missed something obvious, but what do Crushing Blow and Deadly Strike do, and what is the difference between them?

If you're using bear stance and runemaster, try terror K3K. Crushing blow is a chance to reduce enemy life by a %. Vs normal enemies its 1/8 for melee, 1/16 for ranged. Those values are halved vs bosses, though most are immune to crushing blow now. Deadly strike is a chance to deal double (physical) damage.
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
Fumbles wrote:If you're using bear stance and runemaster, try terror K3K. Crushing blow is a chance to reduce enemy life by a %. Vs normal enemies its 1/8 for melee, 1/16 for ranged. Those values are halved vs bosses, though most are immune to crushing blow now. Deadly strike is a chance to deal double (physical) damage.

Ah, I see. I'm using Wolf Stance for the speed. And when I said I couldn't handle ubers, I meant that I walk into the Torajan Jungles and die in about a second. I kinda screwed up my build and got the Nephalem Spirit instead of Runemaster because I'd heard somewhere that it was good. I've been thinking about respeccing, but haven't gotten around to it.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
With wolf stance, use runemaster + spirit guide + 15 points in wolf companion for four wolves. Bear stance is good for K3K though since you can kill the skeletons even when they are buffed with invulnerability by the totems.
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
Fumbles wrote:With wolf stance, use runemaster + spirit guide + 15 points in wolf companion for four wolves. Bear stance is good for K3K though since you can kill the skeletons even when they are buffed with invulnerability by the totems.

Huh, I didn't know Bear Stance pierced even immunity shields, I thought it just reduced the undeads' innate phys resist. Good to know. Thank you for your time.
Ragul
Stone Warrior
32 | 0
Hi is there a way for players to communicate via voice chat or through something like teamspeak?
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Ragul wrote:Hi is there a way for players to communicate via voice chat or through something like teamspeak?

The MXL discord has voice channels. https://chat.median-xl.com/
IBagboyBrownI
Pit Knight
112 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Ok so I got a Barb. Assume no gear. Assume no idea what build actually works. Tried iron spiral, throw, even bow barb. Still getting rolled over.

I have a fully upgraded class charm and a few uber charms (the easiest of the easy) but everything does so much damage.

What is actually a good barb build? I'm not above grinding for T6 gear or even making honorifics. At this point I just want a character I can actually play.

The struggle is real, folks.