Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Does the type of body armor also affect the speed of a merc?
AlphaMagnum
Cultist
21 | 1
Does the Necro skill Deathlord have a cap on added Defence? Most guides seem to suggest that I only need to put one point in it — why?
JeppeAndersen
Rust Claw
82 | 0
How low is the droprate of pulsating worldstone shard? 10 staight baal runs, no luck :(
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
AlphaMagnum wrote:Does the Necro skill Deathlord have a cap on added Defence? Most guides seem to suggest that I only need to put one point in it — why?

It used to have 32k added defence cap (base defence, this is pretty good, as even the strongest defense oriented body armors or shields rarely hit 20k), not sure if it still has. Necromancer has a lot of useful skills to dump points into, i guess dumping pts into Deathlord is less efficient than others. At endgame you only have points to max-out 4 skills (about 30 pts per skill), rest is for prerequisites and 1 point wonders.

My question:
how these elemental weapons work? Does WDM on skills scale with them at all? For example bow skills on bow zon all have some sort of WDM modifier. But since im doing 0 physical weapon damage, is the scaling derived from the base ele dmg on those weapons? Can i trigger wdm procs with this or i need any sort of wdm on gear (such as adds 1-2 dmg on ring)?
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
There is no cap on Deathlord defense bonus. Yes you can achieve 50k added flat defence.

Flat elemental damage on weapons scale with the WDM of the skill you are using. The new elemental bases are no different.
HurtSmash404
Azure Drake
162 | 0
How often do Great Runes spawn on average in Toraja and Fautzinville?
Stereox
Cog
247 | 4
Conquest wrote:My question:
how these elemental weapons work? Does WDM on skills scale with them at all? For example bow skills on bow zon all have some sort of WDM modifier. But since im doing 0 physical weapon damage, is the scaling derived from the base ele dmg on those weapons? Can i trigger wdm procs with this or i need any sort of wdm on gear (such as adds 1-2 dmg on ring)?

EWD or enhanced weapon damage practically an "increased physical damage". It increases all physical damage from weapons, armor, rings, charms.. etc. But not elemental damage, except skills with physical -> elemental conversion like Stormblast
WDM skills will proc on strike, death blows, kills, and melee attacks on melee skills regardless the damage done (but still need to hit enemy to proc)

HurtSmash404 wrote:How often do Great Runes spawn on average in Toraja and Fautzinville?

One per two runs probably? Dunno. I have lots of taha/ghals, and couple qors from 50ish runs

Cheno wrote:Any pointers as how to do Spirit of Stone as bear druid? I can deal with the minions easily but the boss kills me in less than 1 second.

Stack defense and move a lot, that thing casts broadside/arrowside thingy i think

proletariat wrote:Making an MF bowazon - am I better off to add MF MO and UMO to lacuni (2x bonus) or getting a helm w/ base MF (royal circlet) and adding to that?

Depend on your damage, if you already have overkill damage sure. If no, go lacunis. Get one with all res before UMO ing
korkalon
Pit Knight
112 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Cold damage-how mutch it slow enemys?
JustinPeters
Sasquatch
66 | 1
I would love some more info about how to survive in Teganze:

Are all the ranged spells from the Umbaru Spirits elemental based? If so, i guess physical resist is useless?

Is high max elemental resist usefull? The documentation is saying i need at least 80% link
Some people say high max resist does nothing link

Does defense/low chance to be hit work?
It seems i always get hit by those ranged spells, i have 550.000 defense and the tooltip is indicating Umbaru Spirits only have 7% chance to hit me, does this only count for there poor melee attack?

Does dodge/avoid work?

If i use absorb items like T4
Shadowmoon
Shadowmoon
Crown Shield (4)

Defense: (167 - 191) to (329 - 376)
Chance to Block: 2%
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 10
Required Dexterity: 43
Item Level: 10
5% Attack Speed
5% Cast Speed
+(4 to 5)% to Spell Damage
+(8 to 10)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(18 to 35)% Enhanced Defense
Fire Absorb 2%
Lightning Absorb 2%
Cold Absorb 2%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (535 - 594) to (983 - 1093)
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 28
Required Dexterity: 64
Item Level: 31
10% Attack Speed
10% Cast Speed
+(8 to 9)% to Spell Damage
+(14 to 16)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(52 to 69)% Enhanced Defense
Fire Absorb 3%
Lightning Absorb 3%
Cold Absorb 3%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (1325 - 1439) to (2386 - 2590)
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 45
Required Dexterity: 135
Item Level: 51
15% Attack Speed
15% Cast Speed
+(12 to 13)% to Spell Damage
+(20 to 22)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(87 to 103)% Enhanced Defense
Fire Absorb 4%
Lightning Absorb 4%
Cold Absorb 4%
Socketed (3)
Defense: (1968 - 2123) to (3529 - 3806)
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 54
Required Dexterity: 280
Item Level: 77
15% Attack Speed
15% Cast Speed
+(14 to 15)% to Spell Damage
+(23 to 25)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(104 to 120)% Enhanced Defense
Fire Absorb 5%
Lightning Absorb 5%
Cold Absorb 5%
Socketed (4)
does this decrease the damage i take by 10%? (i absorb 5% and heal 5%?)
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
which a1 merc for nec summoner? ranger or priestess?