bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
Dakota wrote:
bradr wrote:
Dakota wrote:
viperosa wrote:Dakota that was not meant for you, i posted it for _null_

you must have skipped my post above so i will paste it again
dakota, why don't you post step by step how you installed your game it will be easier to find what you did wrong

edit: alternatively you could check this clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rvwvo4mTAY
it helped me when i first installed plugy and median XL and they both work for me

My currently installed game was installed from disks :)
Updated to v1.13c, then I downloaded D2SE, then PlugY, then Median XL (this was around the beginning of September)
Game runs fine.
But I still have the issue of not being able to update the Median XL apparently (as I said, there are outdated items in my current game for some reason)

Tried to download from BattleNet to install from scratch, but there is the issue of not being able to downgrade from the latest version to prior ones, so nothing works... (followed these instructions https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEK05sHalOQ nad also tried the link you've provided)

So, once again, help?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4561
try this the top post its really clear and works perfectly..

Thank you, but I have already followed these instructions :)
The problem is not not being able to run the game - it runs fine as far as I'm concerned. The problem is there are items in my game that shouldn't be there if I understood it correctly (such as dogmas dropping from act bosses and other things).
Some suggested that my game is outdated and told me to download the latest version of Median, which I did.
Under information on D2SE launcher it says:

Name: Median XL
Title:
Version: 2017
D2Core: 1.13c
REALMSUPPORT

So I guess that median id up to date.

What should I do next? :wall:

tats why i gave you the link follow it delete all d2 and medfian stuff from your computer... all of it... make sure the folders dont have remnants either.. then.. use the links it gives you to get clean files..... or install your d2 and lod cd from scratch after making sure you havent a trace left...

thats why i sent you that link cause it has clean and brand new everything..

sounds like you hadnt totally cleared out your previous install last time
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Dakota wrote:...

Have you installed the latest median patch?

https://get.median-xl.com/
Dakota
Thunder Beetle
51 | 0
Fumbles wrote:

Yes.
At least I hope so. Isn't it says so in the information? Or am I missing something?
Anyhow tried to redownload it, but it says that the files overwritten are exactly the same as there were before.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
The names are the same as before, try overwriting them and see if that works.
Dakota
Thunder Beetle
51 | 0
Already did. No change
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
Dakota wrote:
Fumbles wrote:

Yes.
At least I hope so. Isn't it says so in the information? Or am I missing something?
Anyhow tried to redownload it, but it says that the files overwritten are exactly the same as there were before.

overwrite em.. and when you run d2se .. you select the median xl banner at the bottom and not one of the core games right??

and dont click on the" start d2" button (up top and to the right or youll get vanila d2 even if you did everything correct make sure you click on the "start plugin" up top and to the right
Dakota
Thunder Beetle
51 | 0
Already did. No change. And, yes, I do run the median, not vanilla. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to get to 120 lvl :) among other things
viperosa
Balrog
131 | 0
_null_ wrote:On a whim, I decided to create a new account and it worked fine. Not sure what was going on, but I'm on now.

nice to hear that you fixed it

@dakota
back up your single player files and uninstall median, do it from your game folder with 'unins000.exe'
after that remove any remaining files and folders if there any
do a fresh install and follow the steps here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4561
Imperius
Gravedigger
182 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Is it possible to get sacred unique and set heavy armor like Gothic Plate and Full Plate Mail on Tran Athulua?
I have more than 400 MF playing on players 1 and i am getting only the same light armor and the ususal sacread and set weapons.
On players 8 i still get the same and the drops are very rare.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
All items are possible. There's no restriction for area vs item, except destruction for su's, toraja/fauzt for great runes, triune for cycles, and teganze for elemental essences/primals