Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Nightquaker
Acid Prince
45 | 0
Quick question: what's the save folder for Sigma?
I used to use D2SE, where it has its own save folder, but now without it I'm just lost.
Thank you!
19nat99
Invader
8 | 0
Hey, i'm lacking gold and i'm in Hell mode, where should i farm for more? in xl we could socket runes in throwables and sell them but it dosnt work anymore :(
Lettu
Destroyer
7 | 0
Hey there, few stupid questions coming your way.

I started playing for the first time a few days ago. I went with melee sorc and i have been farming for a warped blade at griswold for about 10hours and still haven't gotten a single box. Is this normal?

I also mistakenly started a singleplayer character so i cant trade one either. And just tried to create new multiplayer char, but all the servers i create are located in sydney i guess and the lag makes it pretty much unplayable?
Edited by Lettu 5 years.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
do yourself a favour and read the changelog
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Lettu wrote:Hey there, few stupid questions coming your way.

I started playing for the first time a few days ago. I went with melee sorc and i have been farming for a warped blade at griswold for about 10hours and still haven't gotten a single box. Is this normal?

I also mistakenly started a singleplayer character so i cant trade one either. And just tried to create new multiplayer char, but all the servers i create are located in sydney i guess and the lag makes it pretty much unplayable?

To actually answer your question:
Griswold's Treasure no longer drops. You can melee without issue using a Sorc Orb until you can gamble a Warp Blade at clvl 17. Use the gambled Warp Blade to make
Shark
Shark
Weapons
Except Necromancer Daggers, Assassin Claws

'Eld'
Runeword Level: 8
5% Chance to cast level 9 Bloodlust on Kill
+(7 to 9)% Bonus Damage to Bloodlust
20% Attack Speed
+5 to Maximum Damage
+0.125 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
1.5% Bonus to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)
+(24 to 35)% Enhanced Damage
-1 to Mana
until you get your TU Warp Blade (made when you farm Mephisto for ACs). Griswold's Heart is also a good enough Body Armor to use for now.
Lettu
Destroyer
7 | 0
Solfege wrote:
Lettu wrote:Hey there, few stupid questions coming your way.

To actually answer your question:
Griswold's Treasure no longer drops. You can melee without issue using a Sorc Orb until you can gamble a Warp Blade at clvl 17. Use the gambled Warp Blade to make
Shark
Shark
Weapons
Except Necromancer Daggers, Assassin Claws

'Eld'
Runeword Level: 8
5% Chance to cast level 9 Bloodlust on Kill
+(7 to 9)% Bonus Damage to Bloodlust
20% Attack Speed
+5 to Maximum Damage
+0.125 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
1.5% Bonus to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)
+(24 to 35)% Enhanced Damage
-1 to Mana
until you get your TU Warp Blade (made when you farm Mephisto for ACs). Griswold's Heart is also a good enough Body Armor to use for now.

Alright, thanks!
Got a rare warp blade from gheed now, its good enough for now?

What do you exactly mean with using the blade to make that rune? How do i do that?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Lettu wrote:Alright, thanks!

What do you exactly mean with using the blade to make that rune? How do i do that?

Sure. Rare is probably good enough for now. But depending on the mods, Shark may be better for AC farming later.

To make early Runewords (RWs), you need a base (grey text) item with at least 1 socket. Then, just insert the appropriate Rune (in the case of Shark, a Tal Rune). If the item has more than 1 socket, fill the extra sockets with jewels (not gems) before inserting the Rune.

You can create a Superior base item by cubing it with an Oil of Renewal. If it doesn't have any sockets, cube it with a jewel (not gem) to add a socket. 1 jewel = 1 socket created, with higher Tier items having more potential sockets. Then, just insert the Rune.

RW creation gets more complicated later on, but this will get you by for now.
Boner
Cultist
24 | 0
19nat99 wrote:Hey, i'm lacking gold and i'm in Hell mode, where should i farm for more? in xl we could socket runes in throwables and sell them but it dosnt work anymore :(

go act2 and farm rocky waste kill everything u see especially grubbers as they drop a lot of gold
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
he is in hell . why would he farm grubbers while he can go to IOTSS instead ?
Lettu
Destroyer
7 | 0
Solfege wrote:
Lettu wrote:Alright, thanks!

Sure. Rare is probably good enough for now. But depending on the mods, Shark may be better for AC farming later.

To make early Runewords (RWs), you need a base (grey text) item with at least 1 socket. Then, just insert the appropriate Rune (in the case of Shark, a Tal Rune). If the item has more than 1 socket, fill the extra sockets with jewels (not gems) before inserting the Rune.

You can create a Superior base item by cubing it with an Oil of Renewal. If it doesn't have any sockets, cube it with a jewel (not gem) to add a socket. 1 jewel = 1 socket created, with higher Tier items having more potential sockets. Then, just insert the Rune.

RW creation gets more complicated later on, but this will get you by for now.

Okay, thanks a lot!

Do i need a base warp blade to make the shark, or can i use just a random base item?