Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
xeimaster08 wrote:If a skill deals phy damage does it apply + poison damage from equips?

To be specific, lets say I use paladin and buffed with vessel (deals phy damage) and wear vile hand leather gloves (tu leather gloves) which adds +225 poison damage over 1 second. Does that means, my vessel can deal poison damage as well or it would only apply to weapon damage?
And speaking of weapon damage, how can one figure out if a skill deals weapon damage?

flat elemental damage like the one you are referring to is only carried by WDM skills. vessel is a phys damage spell. WDM skills are the ones labeled "attack" and have a WDM%
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
gg2 wrote:Can Rend (druid werebear) trigger on-attack procs?
I'm not sure if it''s a projectile or something more like the UH paladin melee skills.
I can't really tell if it is proc'ing cause there's too much on the screen

Dude, it is tagged as a projectile.

Diaco wrote:
xeimaster08 wrote:If a skill deals phy damage does it apply + poison damage from equips?

To be specific, lets say I use paladin and buffed with vessel (deals phy damage) and wear vile hand leather gloves (tu leather gloves) which adds +225 poison damage over 1 second. Does that means, my vessel can deal poison damage as well or it would only apply to weapon damage?
And speaking of weapon damage, how can one figure out if a skill deals weapon damage?

flat elemental damage like the one you are referring to is only carried by WDM skills. vessel is a phys damage spell. WDM skills are the ones labeled "attack" and have a WDM%

That is not entirerly true. ranged attacks are tagged as projectile, and they carry flat elemental dmg on weapon too.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
OverSky wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote:
gg2 wrote:Can Rend (druid werebear) trigger on-attack procs?
I'm not sure if it''s a projectile or something more like the UH paladin melee skills.
I can't really tell if it is proc'ing cause there's too much on the screen
no , just on striking, on kill and when slain. You are not swinging your axe and landing a hit onto your enemies , so rend cannot proc on attack

Does this also apply to Wildfire? i.e. cannot proc mana on attack ?
no , wildfire can proc on attack , just that you also need to have some decent attack rating for it to proc
Urudin
Imp
4 | 0
On what does exactly physical/magic spell damage modifier works? For example the one from paladin's incarnation?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Urudin wrote:On what does exactly physical/magic spell damage modifier works? For example the one from paladin's incarnation?

it affects spells that deal physical and magic spell damage, like necro's boneyard and dream eater, paladin's vessel of retribution/justice, unholy spell slayer, etc.
anDr3a
Stygian Watcher
44 | 5
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
hello, I'm playing a Unholy Melee Paladin Blood Thorns and i have a big problem with Mana, what is better for me?
mana stolen per hit or attack?
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
anDr3a wrote:hello, I'm playing a Unholy Melee Paladin Blood Thorns and i have a big problem with Mana, what is better for me?

Mana stolen per hit takes weapon damage as a base. So using blood thornes wouldn't do any good since it's fire damage.
Mana on attack triggers whenever you swing your weapon and hit the enemy. So you can use this one on your build. But you actually need to hit the enemy to regain mana. So you really want to get a good attack rating in order to reliably get mana.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
ParticuLarry wrote:
anDr3a wrote:hello, I'm playing a Unholy Melee Paladin Blood Thorns and i have a big problem with Mana, what is better for me?

Mana stolen per hit takes weapon damage as a base. So using blood thornes wouldn't do any good since it's fire damage.
Mana on attack triggers whenever you swing your weapon and hit the enemy. So you can use this one on your build. But you actually need to hit the enemy to regain mana. So you really want to get a good attack rating in order to reliably get mana.

Ye... need really good AR with ITD given by his passive :\
PS: Ye, i know it's not working for bosses but still..
Urudin
Imp
4 | 0
How do you make sockets with jewels? I tried using them on grey, blue and yello items, but it didn't work.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Urudin wrote:How do you make sockets with jewels? I tried using them on grey, blue and yello items, but it didn't work.

That only works if the item has no sockets. If item item already has sockets, you cant modify sockets in any way.