Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Hyperstimulated
Jungle Hunter
25 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
how do i upgrade bolts to a tiered unique and choose which of the 3 options and can i uptier to the next one and if so, how?
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Hyperstimulated wrote:how do i upgrade bolts to a tiered unique and choose which of the 3 options and can i uptier to the next one and if so, how?

Just use the tu recipe, it makes a random tiered unique quiver, with the higher level ones being rarer, and you cant uptier them since they dont have tiers.
Celestialray
Gravedigger
192 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Some questions regarding the petulant interaction with tantrum.

Lets say I use tantrum and then I fire wyrmshot. Lets assume tantrum runs out while there are wyrmshot in the air. Do the already launched wyrmshot still have the benefits from the petulant (aka do they snapshot)? On the other hand, if fire several wyrmshots and then use tantrum, do the already fired wyrmshots have the petulant tantrum bonuses? I imagine those scenarios are mutually exclusive, since they either snapshot or refresh real time.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Celestialray wrote:Some questions regarding the petulant interaction with tantrum.

Lets say I use tantrum and then I fire wyrmshot. Lets assume tantrum runs out while there are wyrmshot in the air. Do the already launched wyrmshot still have the benefits from the petulant (aka do they snapshot)? On the other hand, if fire several wyrmshots and then use tantrum, do the already fired wyrmshots have the petulant tantrum bonuses? I imagine those scenarios are mutually exclusive, since they either snapshot or refresh real time.

Based on how magic missiles work with bacchanalia, id say its the latter.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Celestialray wrote:Lets assume tantrum runs out while there are wyrmshot in the air. Do the already launched wyrmshot still have the benefits from the petulant
if the missiles(wyrmshots) were generated while tantrum was on , the wyrmshots in the air already got the benefits of the petulant
Celestialray wrote:if fire several wyrmshots and then use tantrum, do the already fired wyrmshots have the petulant tantrum bonuses?
no , only those that get generated while the tantrum is on
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
ChuckNoRis wrote:
Celestialray wrote:Lets assume tantrum runs out while there are wyrmshot in the air. Do the already launched wyrmshot still have the benefits from the petulant
if the missiles(wyrmshots) were generated while tantrum was on , the wyrmshots in the air already got the benefits of the petulant
Celestialray wrote:if fire several wyrmshots and then use tantrum, do the already fired wyrmshots have the petulant tantrum bonuses?
no , only those that get generated while the tantrum is on

That is exactly the opposite of how magic missiles work with bacchanalia, weird.
adamo68
Abomination
147 | 57
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Trap Rat Druid question: What do yall recommend to MO and socket the set weapon with? As a bonus question; are there any uMOs to focus on collect for the spec? Thank you.
Whyred
Balrog
133 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Is there any good UMOs or Effigies for rings and amulets for xbow nec?
Hyperstimulated
Jungle Hunter
25 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
is there a faster way to reset the game other than dropping out then recreating with a new name? what is the time out before an empty game is closed and the name can be reused?

is there an easier way to manage rune drops other than by hand? or should i just ignore the lower level runes while levelling up? (same with gems).

also, im level 59 and while my belt has 4 rows (TU(4)) i can't interact with the top two, if i pick up a potion it will add itself there but i cant take it out or replace it is this expected behaviour?
DacianDraco
Cog
212 | 17
Hyperstimulated wrote:is there a faster way to reset the game other than dropping out then recreating with a new name? what is the time out before an empty game is closed and the name can be reused?

is there an easier way to manage rune drops other than by hand? or should i just ignore the lower level runes while levelling up? (same with gems).

also, im level 59 and while my belt has 4 rows (TU(4)) i can't interact with the top two, if i pick up a potion it will add itself there but i cant take it out or replace it is this expected behaviour?

1. No, you can't be still in the game and reset it so save/exit and making a new one is fastest. Dunno about timeout, maybe 5min, and if you tell your friends to join the game you name and you are farming just add numbers like Hyper1 Hyper2 Hyper3 and cycle them as you restart your run, and tell your friends if they can't find Hyper1 then they try Hyper2 or Hyper3 and they will find you, otherwise i don't know why you care about the name.

2. I've set D2Stats to show/hide these in groups, and as i start a new char they are mostly show and i hide them as i go along, or later if i need Jah runes i just show the Zod+ line and downgrade the ones that drop, or if i care about something specific like Skull i'll manually add the line "Skull" and it will notify me and i'll just delete it when i have enough. And there is a line with Lai and On runes too but D2Stats can't be maximized so you can't see it in the pic, it's like this hide "^(Lai|On) Rune$" and you can see how to close an enumeration, it ends with dollar sign and quote, for ex like this ..|Rainbow Stone)$". As for the Chipped gems know that they don't drop normally, i believe just from Andariel, the Smith's forge and Gem shrines if you have no other gems in inventory to upgrade (or if you have just the Rainbowstone one, cause this one doesn't upg with shrine for some reason), so Chipped gems are always left on hide.

3. You can interact with the rows if you have the inventory closed, somehow the opened inventory is over the belt, i don't know how they messed up the belt but this is how it is now, and well it was much worse a patch ago when it acted as if it were always toggled and if you pointed or attacked in the bottom right area where your pots would have been shown but they weren't then you pick them up and drop them. Anyway maybe in a next patch or eventually it will work normally.